• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

n o n - The First Warp, a time warping Adventure

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I had another look & see what you mean now & yes! I do see a non-game related task bar at the bottom.  Smile

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

So I just had a chance to play a little more, getting to the middle of chapter 2. Maybe I was just in a grouchy mood this morning, because I am definitely enjoying it a lot more now. Still rough around the edges, but that won’t stop you from having a good time if you are looking for a laid back and *alien* feeling adventure game. There is a decent amount of puzzles so far, a bit on the easy side but definitely more substantial than the typical contemporary ‘oh, I found a key. This will unlock the door over there, I bet.’
Digging the music, as well.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2018-03-06

PM

Baron_Blubba - 14 August 2021 12:10 PM

So I just booted up the non and played for a few minutes. I like that it seems puzzle centric and doesn’t hold the player’s hand (I turned off all hints). That’s about all I can say about the gameplay itself at the moment.

I think the game needs some more time in development. Relatively small things (I assume; I’ve never made a game) that would go a long way toward improving the quality seem to have been skipped.
- The game only runs in a window (meaning that the utility bar on the PC is always visible) and the resolution does not seem to be optimal. There are no settings to change the resolution.
- The cursor is a standard arrow cursor, which only changes when you click on an object. It would make a *big* difference to design your own. Even better would be if it lit up or changed when it was on top of a hot spot. Even better would be to have the name of the hot spot (ie. ‘Journal’, ‘control panel’, ‘bucket’, etc) appear on the screen when hovering over it.
- Hot spot clicking points are not always accurate.
- Sometimes the text scrolls by itself, and sometimes you have to click through. There should be an option for it to be one or another.
- It seems like sound design was an after thought.

I’m going to keep playing when I have a little more time, but these are my first thoughts. Obviously lots of potential, but the production values need work. I understand that this was done by a small (or even one person?) ‘team’, but things like the cursor, full-screen capability, and text scrolling consistency would be relatively easy things to implement that would make the game present with significantly more pro quality.

Thanks for your honest and valuable feedback!

I’ll address what I can below Smile

So I just booted up the non and played for a few minutes. I like that it seems puzzle centric and doesn’t hold the player’s hand (I turned off all hints).

Thanks! This makes me happy to read!

I think the game needs some more time in development.

I’ve spent 6 years, full-time (8h+), developing it solely on own funding. It’s a passion-project, a childhood dream if you will. I haven’t, purposedly, neglected or compromised anything in the game. I know people don’t see nor know this background- so I don’t expect to get feedback based on these factors. It’s just that one man armies has their limits Smile I’m sorry that such details has ruined your experience.

Relatively small things (I assume; I’ve never made a game) that would go a long way toward improving the quality seem to have been skipped.

I have made several games but not in this scale before, so I definitely have some hit and misses that will or won’t please everyone. However I collect all feedback and consider everything for future updates, so thanks for pointing it out!

- The game only runs in a window (meaning that the utility bar on the PC is always visible) and the resolution does not seem to be optimal. There are no settings to change the resolution.

Can you please try either “F11” or simply the “F” key it should put the game in fullscreen mode. I think I might’ve missed writing it anywhere - that’s a bug for sure!

- The cursor is a standard arrow cursor, which only changes when you click on an object. It would make a *big* difference to design your own. Even better would be if it lit up or changed when it was on top of a hot spot. Even better would be to have the name of the hot spot (ie. ‘Journal’, ‘control panel’, ‘bucket’, etc) appear on the screen when hovering over it.

Yes for sure - I’ve had some huge technical problems with the underlying framework (which I’ll never use again) - that has made some aspects of the game design very hard for me. The cursor and especially audio on the Windows platform has been a horrible time sink during development. It’s noted, thanks!

- Hot spot clicking points are not always accurate.

Noted, thanks - I’ll see what I can do!

- Sometimes the text scrolls by itself, and sometimes you have to click through. There should be an option for it to be one or another.

I’m not sure what’s up here - the game has no scrolling text to my knowledge.
Speech bubbles and/or subtitles (depending on what you’ve enabled) should disappear automatically - so it sounds like a bug for sure!

- It seems like sound design was an after thought.

As mentioned above - it’s anything but an afterthought - I’m sorry you’ve had this experience with it.

I’m going to keep playing when I have a little more time, but these are my first thoughts.

Thanks for spending your time with it - your feedback is like gold to me in this regard!

Obviously lots of potential, but the production values need work. I understand that this was done by a small (or even one person?) ‘team’, but things like the cursor, full-screen capability, and text scrolling consistency would be relatively easy things to implement that would make the game present with significantly more pro quality.

Noted! Thanks! I’m not gonna apologize for the way I’ve chosen to develop it. All I want you to know is; games seem simple to make on the surface - I know for a fact that they’re not Smile

Thanks for giving me valuable feedback!

Joined 2018-03-06

PM

Baron_Blubba - 14 August 2021 04:36 PM

So I just had a chance to play a little more, getting to the middle of chapter 2. Maybe I was just in a grouchy mood this morning, because I am definitely enjoying it a lot more now. Still rough around the edges, but that won’t stop you from having a good time if you are looking for a laid back and *alien* feeling adventure game. There is a decent amount of puzzles so far, a bit on the easy side but definitely more substantial than the typical contemporary ‘oh, I found a key. This will unlock the door over there, I bet.’
Digging the music, as well.

I’m one big smile. Thanks for giving it a second chance!

I won’t comment too much on puzzle types and or progressing here since some of the info might come off as a kind of spoiling. Don’t hesitate to DM me if things “get too hairy” or complex Smile

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Larpon, thanks for taking the time to talk about all of my complaints.

I used the wrong words when I said that the sound felt like an after thought. With six years in development, I’m sure nothing was an afterthought, but only that some elements were more challenging to realize than others, and the sound seems to have been a challenge. That said, I’ve been playing a whole bunch more, in a better mood and pleasanter setting, and it’s better than I thought at first blush. There is a muted, dampened effect that takes the ‘thereness’ away from some of the effects, but their fine. The music sounds like acoustic interludes from early Opeth albums, so you won’t hear any complaints from me there.

One thing that’s really different is the time bar at the bottom. I’ve noticed that if you click to skip things instead of letting the actions play out (ie letting the time bar expire on its own) certain actions won’t be taken. One example of this is taking the crystal from the monsters hand in that weird zone at the end of chapter 1. If you click before your character has physically taken the crystal, he simply doesn’t take it. This can lead to the player thinking there’s nothing to do, when in fact he just had to be patient and not skip-click. In most games, if you skip click you still end up with the item in your inventory, or the desired action performed.

F11 worked, and the game is now much more immersive. It’s weird how such a small thing can make such a big difference, at least to me.

Anyway, I’m really enjoying the game so far. I’m stuck in the junkyard trying to snap the hobo who looks a little like you (Larpon) out of it. I figured out how to get the garbage bag on top of the dumpster, but not how to get it off. I got the conductive cable from inside, and a few other objects that were laying around as well. I did not figure out what to do with the ‘so light’ piece of material that was flying all around, or what to do with the seagull. Neither has returned since I solved the garbage puzzle.
Unless you think I’m missing something based on a pixel hunt, please don’t help me. I’m really enjoying these puzzles and, since I figured out that the journal is a hint book, have not been using it.

So far, yeah, it’s got some rough edges, but it’s also very very charming, the puzzles are pretty good, and the time control mechanic seems elegant and has a lot of potential. I’m looking forward to not only playing more of the game, but seeing what my continuing and final thoughts will be.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2018-03-06

PM

Baron_Blubba - 15 August 2021 02:48 PM

Larpon, thanks for taking the time to talk about all of my complaints.

Always. I hope it doesn’t come out defensive. Feedback like this is really important for my future!

I used the wrong words when I said that the sound felt like an after thought. With six years in development, I’m sure nothing was an afterthought, but only that some elements were more challenging to realize than others, and the sound seems to have been a challenge.

No problem - it’s honest feedback! I’ve had major issues on Windows with the sound effects, enough to have decided never to use the underlying framework, ever again. It’s technical stuff I won’t bore anyone with. I wish I could do more about it.

That said, I’ve been playing a whole bunch more, in a better mood and pleasanter setting, and it’s better than I thought at first blush. There is a muted, dampened effect that takes the ‘thereness’ away from some of the effects, but their fine. The music sounds like acoustic interludes from early Opeth albums, so you won’t hear any complaints from me there.

I’m a full-blown metalhead, to the bone, so this makes me happy to read. Opeth is crazy good stuff! Grin

One thing that’s really different is the time bar at the bottom. I’ve noticed that if you click to skip things instead of letting the actions play out (ie letting the time bar expire on its own) certain actions won’t be taken. One example of this is taking the crystal from the monsters hand in that weird zone at the end of chapter 1. If you click before your character has physically taken the crystal, he simply doesn’t take it. This can lead to the player thinking there’s nothing to do, when in fact he just had to be patient and not skip-click. In most games, if you skip click you still end up with the item in your inventory, or the desired action performed.

Really sharp notice there! Yes this one is a new thing to the genre. It can be disabled.
It’s purpose is to give people a chance to see how much blabbering is left. I’ve done all I can to let the outcome action happen no matter how early you skip out. These fine-tunings is based on how I play the game myself - so it’s a thing that’s hard to get right for all player types.

With the orange monster-thing:
I’ve made it that way on purpose simply to differentiate things a little and give a sense of “time corruption”. I thought it’d be a good way to have people thinking a little extra, although the sequence is quite simple. I’m a kind of person that supports patience, so the game has places where you can’t just fast-click your way through - that said it maybe need fine-tuning in some places. Hard to get right for everyone’s taste Smile .
But if it happens in other places too frequently ... it might be considered a bug.

F11 worked, and the game is now much more immersive. It’s weird how such a small thing can make such a big difference, at least to me.

That’s good to hear! I’m super sorry I haven’t exposed and written down the hotkeys.
That’s going on the top of my patch list TODO!

Anyway, I’m really enjoying the game so far. I’m stuck in the junkyard trying to snap the hobo who looks a little like you (Larpon) out of it. I figured out how to get the garbage bag on top of the dumpster, but not how to get it off. I got the conductive cable from inside, and a few other objects that were laying around as well. I did not figure out what to do with the ‘so light’ piece of material that was flying all around, or what to do with the seagull. Neither has returned since I solved the garbage puzzle.
Unless you think I’m missing something based on a pixel hunt, please don’t help me. I’m really enjoying these puzzles and, since I figured out that the journal is a hint book, have not been using it.

It makes me happy to read you’re enjoying it! That makes everything worthwhile to me! Heart

My comment on pixel hunting :

I’ve been *very* careful to avoid pixel hunting! Objects like the pink/purple handle or the pen have the smallest areas in the game - if something is smaller it’s because they’ll have a bigger alternative Smile

I have a comment to this part of your spoiler section:

Neither has returned since I solved the garbage puzzle.

My comment:
If they ... do not appear again while you use the time device (it’s circular and have a reset flash - that also takes a little time) you’ve run into a potential bug, that I haven’t seen before.

Potential workarounds I can suggest is:
1. try a more fine grained time manipulation
2. exit and re-enter the scene
3. restart and re-load the game
...  or last resort Find an (auto-)saved game state where the things still appear when you use the device and take it on-wards from there.

So far, yeah, it’s got some rough edges, but it’s also very very charming, the puzzles are pretty good, and the time control mechanic seems elegant and has a lot of potential. I’m looking forward to not only playing more of the game, but seeing what my continuing and final thoughts will be.

Thanks! Fantastic for me to read! I’m noting closely all the reported rough edges.

Again, thanks for spending time with this!

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Okay! Update on my playthrough.

Larpon, the paper and bird did come back. I just wasn’t rewinding/fast forwarding enough. So all’s good there.

I’m currently trying to get the glue to fix the guitar and here are my thoughts since last time.

Using the bucket on the puddle was my least favorite puzzle so far. There are many puddles, but you can only fill it at one of them. And it’s a small puddle. There’s no way there’s enough water in it to fill a bucket, and no way to scoop it out either. This *might* be okay if there wasn’t a large body of water in the background that non could have used at any time to get his water.
One thing that would have made this puzzle better, or at least more fair, is my #1 wish for the game, and that is…
I wish there would be hotspot descriptions when you hover over things. There are a lot of interactable elements on each screen, and many of them are different components of a single larger object. For example The car has the tire, the fender, the body, and the door that you click on to grab the steering wheel. It’s hard to find all of them without click click click click click click clicking to make sure you haven’t missed any.
Also, there are lots of objects that look like they are important, but aren’t even clickable. For example the washing machine that the musician hides behind, and the red box next to it. There is something in the red box, a metal wire grating sort of thing, which would have been perfect for catching the paper, but it’s not an active object. I thought I was clicking the wrong place and tried for a while to get it to do something, but nope, nothing.. If there was a description that would pop up when hovering over interactable objects, such frustrations would be completely nullified, and the odd strange hotspot, such as the tire swing, would be easier to identify.

Anyway, now that I’m making good headway into the game, that’s really my only significant gripe. I’m enjoying it more and more with every play session, and so far would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a puzzle-rich adventure game where you have to really think to make progress.

I’m curious to see if there is a real story that will develop, or if it will just be a warp from area to area solving puzzles until you achieve the overall goal of the game. Kinda like Myst, Maniac Mansion, etc, vs a Monkey Island sort of progressive narrative.

Oh! This is also maybe the first game I’ve played where you can see the thoughts of the NPC’s. Usually you are limited to hearing what they say, and can only ‘hear’ the thoughts of your own character. Disconcerting, but fine.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2018-03-06

PM

Baron_Blubba - 16 August 2021 12:07 PM

Okay! Update on my playthrough.

Larpon, the paper and bird did come back. I just wasn’t rewinding/fast forwarding enough. So all’s good there.

Phew! Good to hear you made me nervous for a while there.

I’m currently trying to get the glue to fix the guitar and here are my thoughts since last time.

Using the bucket on the puddle was my least favorite puzzle so far. There are many puddles, but you can only fill it at one of them. And it’s a small puddle. There’s no way there’s enough water in it to fill a bucket, and no way to scoop it out either. This *might* be okay if there wasn’t a large body of water in the background that non could have used at any time to get his water.

Yes, I follow you here. I see the logic problem in this.

One thing that would have made this puzzle better, or at least more fair, is my #1 wish for the game, and that is…
I wish there would be hotspot descriptions when you hover over things. There are a lot of interactable elements on each screen, and many of them are different components of a single larger object. For example The car has the tire, the fender, the body, and the door that you click on to grab the steering wheel. It’s hard to find all of them without click click click click click click clicking to make sure you haven’t missed any.
Also, there are lots of objects that look like they are important, but aren’t even clickable.

I’ve done it so you can long-click/click-and-hold (also available from the side menu as a ring/circle) - and that reveals all interactive objects. Again I can see some UI things that fall short here. Noted, thanks!

For example the washing machine that the musician hides behind, and the red box next to it. There is something in the red box, a metal wire grating sort of thing, which would have been perfect for catching the paper, but it’s not an active object. I thought I was clicking the wrong place and tried for a while to get it to do something, but nope, nothing.. If there was a description that would pop up when hovering over interactable objects, such frustrations would be completely nullified, and the odd strange hotspot, such as the tire swing, would be easier to identify.

You’re right, all fair points. Noted, thanks!

Anyway, now that I’m making good headway into the game, that’s really my only significant gripe. I’m enjoying it more and more with every play session, and so far would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a puzzle-rich adventure game where you have to really think to make progress.

Warms my Heart to hear this!

I’m curious to see if there is a real story that will develop, or if it will just be a warp from area to area solving puzzles until you achieve the overall goal of the game. Kinda like Myst, Maniac Mansion, etc, vs a Monkey Island sort of progressive narrative.

You’ll have to play a little more and see Smile

Oh! This is also maybe the first game I’ve played where you can see the thoughts of the NPC’s. Usually you are limited to hearing what they say, and can only ‘hear’ the thoughts of your own character. Disconcerting, but fine.

Yes, that can be a little backwards from other games.
I actually had a plan and implementation of real voices - but it was, unfortunately, too big of a time consumer for me to continue with (especially with the aforementioned sound problems). So I had to draw a line there Frown

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Oh! That holding down the button trick to reveal hotspots will be a lifesaver! Or at least, a time saver Smile.
In many games I think the feature is superfluous, or even detracts from the challenge, but in this game all of the non-interactive and interactive pieces are well integrated, so it’s much appreciated.

Looking forward to lunch break so I can keep going.

I really appreciate you having this dialog with me. One of the my favorite parts of this forum is getting to speak meaningfully with game designers like yourself.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2018-03-06

PM

Baron_Blubba - 16 August 2021 01:05 PM

Oh! That holding down the button trick to reveal hotspots will be a lifesaver! Or at least, a time saver Smile.
In many games I think the feature is superfluous, or even detracts from the challenge, but in this game all of the non-interactive and interactive pieces are well integrated, so it’s much appreciated.

Looking forward to lunch break so I can keep going.

I really appreciate you having this dialog with me. One of the my favorite parts of this forum is getting to speak meaningfully with game designers like yourself.

That’s awesome. Yes these forums are very very unique in this aspect. Fantastic place to hang out when you love adventures, really Laughing

The appreciation is the same here. I can’t get this kind of gold feedback anywhere else.

I wish you a good lunch! Smile

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Okay, I found my first bug! (Everything else was just UI quality of life stuff).
After waking up the musician and giving him the string and knob, then saved and quit the game while I was in his room. I loaded it up a little later, messed around with the time device, and walked outside into the rain. When I did, the time device simply didn’t work. It make the sounds, but the dial didn’t spin and nothing happened. Saved, quit completely, loaded, and it worked again.

Also, there’s a pretty noticeable instance of lost in translationishness regarding the tire sealant.
There is a difference between flexible and stretchy—the latter would be more accurate in this case.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2018-03-06

PM

Baron_Blubba - 16 August 2021 04:09 PM

Okay, I found my first bug! (Everything else was just UI quality of life stuff).
After waking up the musician and giving him the string and knob, then saved and quit the game while I was in his room. I loaded it up a little later, messed around with the time device, and walked outside into the rain. When I did, the time device simply didn’t work. It make the sounds, but the dial didn’t spin and nothing happened. Saved, quit completely, loaded, and it worked again.

Ouch - that’s a new one - will investigate, thanks!

Baron_Blubba - 16 August 2021 04:09 PM

Also, there’s a pretty noticeable instance of lost in translationishness regarding the tire sealant.
There is a difference between flexible and stretchy—the latter would be more accurate in this case.

Noted. Thanks!

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

After not playing for a few days due to travel and work, I finally completed chapter 4 and have juuuust arrived at chapter 5.
Some thoughts: When the puzzles work, which is often, they are incredibly fun and gratifying to solve. When they don’t work, it’s because moon logic is in full effect. I get the feeling that some puzzle solutions were supposed to be humorous, but they are really just completely illogical, and I wouldn’t have solved them had I not thought ‘what the heck, let’s try throwing the leg in the toilet and seeing what happens.’
That is just one of a few examples that I’ve found so far in the game. If you are using the journal, which is basically a very nicely done in-game hint guide, then these instances are no big deal. If you are trying to play the game without using the journal, then I don’t think they’re fair.
The only puzzle that I have *had to* use the journal on so far was the tree stump water pump machine. There’s not nearly enough information given about the function of one of the four buttons, and no reason that I could discern why the ‘correct’ configuration was any more correct than any of the other possible configurations.
Perhaps some of the text and dialog in the game would have clued me in to some of the more moon-logicky puzzles if the game was written in the creator’s native language. As it is, there are definitely lost-in-translation moments which make some of the clues more opaque and many of the jokes less funny.

NON is definitely an impressive feat for a one man team, and I am enjoying it very much. I look forward to each play session and plan to finish it. If you like a good challenging adventure game with unique art, characters, setting, and some excellent and challenging puzzles (but also have a tolerance for some not so good ones), then you should play it. It’s easily worth the $9.99 asking price.

The area where you really feel the ‘one man team’ness of the production is in the lack of self-editing with some of the puzzles (like ‘hey, maybe this doesn’t really make sense to anyone but you/us?’ and the genre-trope referential humor found in much of the dialogue. But don’t let these keep you from enjoying what is otherwise (as of Chapter 5) a very fun adventure game!

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I just finished chapter 1, and all I can say is that this adventure is a bit on a bizarre side, but has a certain charm to it, for sure.

I also have a sort of a mental hang-up with the fact that cursor reacts (aka shows you the action) AFTER you click. It’s a bit strange to click on something you think might be worth looking at and only then you see “the eye” - like “yes, you can examine this, player, so proceed”. I’d agree with BB’s suggestion on making cursor reactive to hotspots prior to clicking on them and, even better, have them have names. Nothing too major but it stands out during playing.

I was also wondering if the manner things are named in this game is purposeful. (I’ve noticed the dialogues come out a bit off-kilter, and it’s hard to say whether it was something lost in translation or specifically made this way, since we’re playing an alien.), but for example, when I was working fabricating machine everything that came out of it was named “tool”. Considering the fact that it’s already an alien environment and no hotspots have any description - it was confusing more than anything. If that was a deliberate move, maybe I just didn’t “get it” this time, it’s quite possible. Other than that - I feel like there are either no descriptions, or some that are using made-up words (alien worlds, I suppose), so they aren’t very helpful either.

The bar with running timer at the bottom was also confusing. For the first few times it made me feel like I’m running out of time for a task until I realized that it’s reacting to all my clicks? So sort of like an action bar?

Now with that being sad, there’s a particular appeal to this indie visual style. The first chapter was relatively easy, but it made me look forward to more puzzles further down the line, and while the music in the first chapter felt a bit loopy, I already liked what I heard in the second one much better. There’s definitely “something” in this game, so I’ll keep on exploring.

Joined 2018-03-06

PM

Baron_Blubba - 20 August 2021 06:57 PM

After not playing for a few days due to travel and work, I finally completed chapter 4 and have juuuust arrived at chapter 5.
Some thoughts: When the puzzles work, which is often, they are incredibly fun and gratifying to solve. When they don’t work, it’s because moon logic is in full effect. I get the feeling that some puzzle solutions were supposed to be humorous, but they are really just completely illogical, and I wouldn’t have solved them had I not thought ‘what the heck, let’s try throwing the leg in the toilet and seeing what happens.’
That is just one of a few examples that I’ve found so far in the game. If you are using the journal, which is basically a very nicely done in-game hint guide, then these instances are no big deal. If you are trying to play the game without using the journal, then I don’t think they’re fair.
The only puzzle that I have *had to* use the journal on so far was the tree stump water pump machine. There’s not nearly enough information given about the function of one of the four buttons, and no reason that I could discern why the ‘correct’ configuration was any more correct than any of the other possible configurations.
Perhaps some of the text and dialog in the game would have clued me in to some of the more moon-logicky puzzles if the game was written in the creator’s native language. As it is, there are definitely lost-in-translation moments which make some of the clues more opaque and many of the jokes less funny.

I’m glad to hear that the puzzles *often* work! I’m trying the best I can to see the game “from the player’s point of view” while developing - and I can see what you mean with some of the puzzles.
It’s really hard to see these things while developing - so it’s a downside of developing solo. Some of these things can be caught with better testing I guess - against a broader audience.

The puzzle you also mention about the “toilet as a first aid machine” - is also one that I’ve been really in doubt with myself. It did cross my mind that it was maybe a bit far out and moon-logic but that filling it with creature parts would be funny enough to kind of make up for the illogicy. It was actually inspired from the Monkey Island 2 puzzle where you pick up the dog - which I think makes up for the moon-logic involved in that particular game.

But yes these kind of puzzles are dangerous to the overall puzzle feeling.

I’m sure, like you mention, that language also has something to do with this - I’m not a native English speaker which can be challenging since I wrote the game in English (and later translated it to Danish - which is my mother tongue).

I can surely improve here!

NON is definitely an impressive feat for a one man team, and I am enjoying it very much. I look forward to each play session and plan to finish it. If you like a good challenging adventure game with unique art, characters, setting, and some excellent and challenging puzzles (but also have a tolerance for some not so good ones), then you should play it. It’s easily worth the $9.99 asking price.

Can I have your permission to use this exact quote on pages presenting the game?
(I.e. the Steam store front?) It’s a really precise and honest description that I think people can relate to, myself included.

The area where you really feel the ‘one man team’ness of the production is in the lack of self-editing with some of the puzzles (like ‘hey, maybe this doesn’t really make sense to anyone but you/us?’ and the genre-trope referential humor found in much of the dialogue. But don’t let these keep you from enjoying what is otherwise (as of Chapter 5) a very fun adventure game!

Yes I need to improve this somehow in the future - gotta keep learning!
As always thanks for your honest and in-depth feedback! Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top