• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

three or four riddles in Amerzone: The Explorer’s Legacy (1999) too difficult

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2022-11-27

PM

am i the only person who finds some of the riddles too difficult?
sticking the metal stick into the wall of the elevator, guessing the coordination 145°, finding the tiny stick by the bee-hive and clicking on the snake after feeding the woman
-how are you supposed to think of a random wall in a random elevator?
-how are you supposed to connect some +5° in some notebook to a three figure number?
-how are you supposed to think a tiny peace of wood in a forest is important?
-how are you supposed to guess that some woman who left a tent suddenly wants to bring you back to the snake?
the only only one that i guessed was the one with the snake when i clicked on it just for fun

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m really not sure how to answer this question. Apparently others aren’t sure either.

There was a diagram of the elevator showing how to stop at level two. Maybe finding the hole that you had to insert the pole into was difficult. But the puzzle was not.

Ditto on the directions. The solution was alluded to in the various papers you find. If you decided not to read them, that was your choice.

There was also a description of the three items you need to give to the woman. There were hotspots for all three. One, I do recall, was quite hard to spot since you find it right outside the exit door. You had to exit the door. Immediately see the bush, and look down to see the item.

Are you asking why there wasn’t more hand-holding or in game clue-giving?

Amerzone, like most Microids games is difficult.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2022-11-27

PM

i didn’t notice the diagram of the elevator, good to know.
i found these weird birds and circles in the diary too hard, i couldn’t identify 140° + 5°, because nobody mentions that the birds in 1998 are swans heading to amerzone just like in 1932
i didn’t say i couldn’t find the items for the woman, i said how do you know that she has headed to the snake to bring it away.
i’m just asking how to solve these riddles without cheating

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

My main problem with this game was that the in game document that was giving hints and tips about the game was too hard to read because of the fonts. It supposed to be realistic but made the game hard to enjoy. Also there is some heavy pixel hunting. But the atmosphere was nice. I guess its a game that hasnt aged that well.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Which version you playin guys?

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Paice_Cyrus - 03 December 2022 11:58 PM

i didn’t say i couldn’t find the items for the woman, i said how do you know that she has headed to the snake to bring it away.
i’m just asking how to solve these riddles without cheating

Like many first person games, once you’ve done everything you can, you see if the thing blocking your progress, in this case, the snake, will let you move on. 

If you’re interested, we had a community playthrough of the game earlier this year:
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/15796/

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2022-11-27

PM

you can click on the snake as soon as you arrive on the island, so how do you guess that a woman suddenly appears and brings it away later on if you click on it again

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

If you achieved your goal in that section and needed to move ahead, you would try things again to see if they help.  If you explored the waterway mechanism, you would suspect that something mechanical needed to be tried.  After exhausting all the other options and seeing the snake on the lever still had a hot spot, it was logical to click there again.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top