• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLittleRosewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

In My Day…

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The first monitor I had was a 4 coulour CGA, and was what I played my first set of Sierra games on (Kq1, Sq1, Pq1 and Larry1). The four colours being black, white, pink and turqoise(!), any game would look absolutely horrible on it. Truthfully, it should just have been called a 2-colour monitor, as black and white aren’t really colours, but rather the extreme ends of the grey scale (no, grey isn’t a colour either). And whoever decided that those 2 colours were gonna be pink and turqoise oughtta have been shot a bit.

Anyway, those were the days, eh? Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Dag - 29 November 2012 02:14 PM

Anyway, those were the days, eh? Tongue

Yeah, the days where “monochrome” often meant black & green instead of black & white… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 28 November 2012 12:07 PM

Oh yeah? Well I had to walk 15 kilometres to the adventure game shop in bare feet in the snow in the freezing cold, and after working for a whole year in the coal mine for only 20 cents a day and selling both my kidneys on the black market to a used organ dealer the only game I could afford was Simon the Sorcerer 3! Cry

Beat that!

I remember playing on a ZX Spectrum using a tape as only storage Sick, i belived the floppy drive was a big improvement.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Iznogood - 30 November 2012 08:28 PM

Oh yeah? Well I had to walk 15 kilometres to the adventure game shop in bare feet in the snow in the freezing cold, and after working for a whole year in the coal mine for only 20 cents a day and selling both my kidneys on the black market to a used organ dealer the only game I could afford was Simon the Sorcerer 3! Cry

Beat that!

The great Monty Python fan that I am, I still prefer the original version from “At Last the 1948 Show” - Marty Feldman cracks me up every time.

Ok, this post has become too silly. Carry on with the regularly-scheduled thread now, please!

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

And now for something completely different:

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TerminusEst - 01 December 2012 11:07 PM
Iznogood - 30 November 2012 08:28 PM

Beat that!

The great Monty Python fan that I am, I still prefer the original version from “At Last the 1948 Show” - Marty Feldman cracks me up every time.

Ok, this post has become too silly. Carry on with the regularly-scheduled thread now, please!

why Tongue
for me that was entertaining especially for someone who comes from Egypt and eat grilled fish in Summer straight from the sea

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TerminusEst - 01 December 2012 11:07 PM

Agree. Igor Marty Feldman owns the three others in that sketch. And with two of them being John Cleese and Graham Chapman, that’s no mean feat. Grin
Comedy genius!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top