• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

grizzlypantsKeybordzSpeedBoVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggies 2022

Total Posts: 1266

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

She is definitely singing “What’s up” by 4 Non Blondes, very appropiate for this thread:

“And I sing, hey, yeah, yeah-eah
Hey, yeah, yeah
I said, hey! What’s going on?”

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Barracuda by Heart

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Interesting choices. Too bad that two of the three women are not very good singers and made me cringe. My own choice doesn’t sing at all. I will not link to her. Anybody who wants to listen to what she’s saying can find her: I Am Rage by Aja the Empress.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m really curious who you think are the vocalists you don’t think can sing are. Hope it’s not this

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oh yes, it is. Ugly voice. No volume, no power, so she screams.

I like Walas’ song best.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Totally understand. On key. In tune. In sync with the music. Why shouldn’t you dislike it. Musical tastes vary from continent to continent.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 06 February 2023 08:52 PM

Totally understand. On key. In tune. In sync with the music. Why shouldn’t you dislike it.

Shrug.
Ugly voice. No power. Straining.
Is she a relative of yours? If not, why do you defend her?

PS: Let’s not forget that YOU brought up the “singing”. My avatar is about women’s rights, as you should know from my link in the other thread.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

rtrooney - 06 February 2023 08:52 PM

Totally understand. On key. In tune. In sync with the music. Why shouldn’t you dislike it. Musical tastes vary from continent to continent.

nope, that song is an intercontinental banger.

To get back on topic, it is a shame the Aggies got lost to 2022. I just noticed the Community Playthrough thread didn’t make it, either. Honestly didn’t expect the site to lose its best features at this rate.

I’ve been thinking about it, but i’m not that invested in AG.com anymore and the conclusions drawn in this thread seem pretty negative; if something comes of the ground, i’d be willing to do some excel stuff, but the imitative won’t come from me.

Real shame, though. The Aggies were a fun staple of the AG scene.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@rtrooney: It’s a mystery to me why you chose Barracuda. Care to explain? But if you can’t handle that I don’t like your song, your singer, and your lyrics, then maybe you shouldn’t have answered my question.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Vegetable Party - 06 February 2023 10:57 PM

I just noticed the Community Playthrough thread didn’t make it, either.

The current CPT is still pinned.

if something comes of the ground, i’d be willing to do some excel stuff, but the imitative won’t come from me.

You are no longer a staff member, so you could only do your “excel stuff” for the few regulars that are still posting in the forums. That would be a sad parody of the real Aggies.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

How about we make a voting thread on the forum in the similar categories like Aggies? I would take the job, but I’ve been absent from new releases for some time now, so I wouldn’t be the right choice. But I would like and support to see something like that.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Sounds great! I managed to play a lot of adventure games from 2022, it would be a shame to waste that experience. Not to mention that the lack of Aggies is a big loss for the website. It’s like those in charge are intentionally trying to ruin everything it associates with…

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Doom - 07 February 2023 02:52 PM

Sounds great! I managed to play a lot of adventure games from 2022, it would be a shame to waste that experience. Not to mention that the lack of Aggies is a big loss for the website. It’s like those in charge are intentionally trying to ruin everything it associates with…

Aggies or not, I’m not fond of the pop-up ads I’ve been getting and the site won’t let me use an adblocker.

AKA Charo

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 07 February 2023 06:16 AM

@rtrooney: It’s a mystery to me why you chose Barracuda. Care to explain? But if you can’t handle that I don’t like your song, your singer, and your lyrics, then maybe you shouldn’t have answered my question.

It fit the graphic to me. Nothing more. Nothing less.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Doom - 07 February 2023 02:52 PM

It’s like those in charge are intentionally trying to ruin everything it associates with…

That’s a fairly sleazy comment. Jack left! For whatever reason! If Aggies don’t continue in the same mode, it is not the fault of current management.

It’s as if a member of a band decides to go solo. The members who are left try to do the best they can, but the music will never be the same.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top