• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anyone played these games before?

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2019-09-22

PM

Hello,
thanks for your time with this post.

I was wondering if anyone has played these games?
- Inherit the Earth

- The Gene Machine

- Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

I read the reviews here on this site, but their is only one review per game,
So I was wondering if I could get more feedback?,

Do you know if they have multiple endings?, or if “The Gene Machine” or “Inherit the Earth
” is non-linear, I saw in the review that “Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer” is non-linear that looks cool.

I’m wondering which one I should try and get and play first.

Again Thanks for your time and your help.
I really appreciate this.

Smile

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

If they look appealing, why not just download any one and try it? What have you got to lose?

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Time?

Naïveté?

A sense of dignity?

Space in one’s mind?

Wait this wasn’t another quiz, it was rhetorical question, wasn’t it..

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I liked The Gene Machine and Touche. Fun games, not great though. I don’t remember multiple endings. Both are somewhat non-linear. In both the protagonist is a “gentleman”, with his manservant as a sidekick. We did a Community Playthrough of Touche, see here: https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/7603

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@Karlok: avatar & signature game on point, as usual.

I’ve given “Inherit the Earth” a try and I didn’t really enjoy it. It has three protagonists, that’s cool, quite an elaborate fantasy setting if you’re into that stuff, but it seemed a bit tedious to me. I think it might appeal to people who like to play story-driven RPGs in “Story Mode” or “No Combat Mode”.

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Vegetable Party - 08 July 2021 06:45 AM

Time?

Naïveté?

A sense of dignity?

Space in one’s mind?

Wait this wasn’t another quiz, it was rhetorical question, wasn’t it..

You figured it out, it’s a quiz. 2 out of your 3 answers are correct. There are a total of 42 (of course). Keep going, I know you can do it.

And knowing you, I know how cruel it is to challenge you to this quiz.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Vegetable Party - 08 July 2021 10:05 AM

@Karlok: avatar & signature game on point, as usual.

I always try to use an avatar+sig that is relevant in some way to a specific thread or discussion, but this week I just picked one from the ready-to-be-posted pile. Did I miss something, please tell me how it is on point?

Next week I’ll do a Nelly Cootalot one. I haven’t played the game, so no quotes available yet.

I’ve given “Inherit the Earth” a try and I didn’t really enjoy it. It has three protagonists, that’s cool, quite an elaborate fantasy setting if you’re into that stuff, but it seemed a bit tedious to me. I think it might appeal to people who like to play story-driven RPGs in “Story Mode” or “No Combat Mode”.

I found Inherit the Earth boring too, stopped playing it after 30 minutes or so. Not my type of game. CyberGeek, here’s a link to the Community Playthrough: https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2751/

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Ha, I thought noticed something like that. In this case, though, it’s more of a term of parlance. Smile I think it was popularized by A Tribe Called Quest, but it’s quite common in Hiphop and adjacent cultural phenomena. It can be applied to anything you consider high quality/particularly agreeable, from the rhythmic elements in a song (“this beat is on point!”) to food (“these roasted yams are on point!”).

That’s a long-winded way of saying it’s basically a slang term for excellent.

I wonder which Nelly Cootalot character you’ll pick, I think I’ve already met a contender in the second screen of the game.

@CyberGeek: I’m really quite amused by your process. All of our recommendations appear to set you in a certain direction and then you inexplicably take a couple of turns and ask us about random(?) games. No sarcasm, it’s kind of beautiful.

If you’d like, please tell us what you think of the games you give a try in one of these threads!

@The_Good_Baron: you scoundrel! also: see your inbox. Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top