• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anyone into adventure games mixed with other genre ? Such as Puzzle, platforming & narrative

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2021-07-06

PM

Hi there,

I was curious to know your take on games that don’t necessarily fit in one single box but that are crossing multiple borders.

I’m Tiffany, part of the team behind the indie game June: Tales from Cyberspace
Our game is an adventure/exploration/highly narrative/puzzle-based platfomer.

It also creates bridges between the world of gaming with contemporary art, electronic music, architecture, mythology, philosophy and questions about gender…
You got it, we are putting all of our passion and interests into creating a unique & rich experience for the player.

I’d be supper happy to discuss more with you!

Here is a little description of the game, and if you’re interested in knowing more details, you can find get an idea of the full picture on the
Kickstarter page, as well as our website &  social media.

June: Tales from Cyberspace
 is a modern fable told in the form of a 3D puzzle-platformer video game.
Explore surreal landscapes and help June solve intricate puzzles in order to bring a lost world back to life. 

The game centers around June, the first child of cyberspace, a non-binary entity that was born in the nebulas of the metaverse.
It is an artistic experience that merges together the world of gaming and fine arts. To create this versatility we combine elements of traditional video gaming such as platforming, puzzles, and stealth, together with real-world artworks from contemporary artists.

Can’t wait to hear what you think!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sounds more like an adventure game than a platform game to me. Call it an adventure game with platforming elements.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

childrenofcyberspace - 06 July 2021 07:38 AM

I was curious to know your take on games that don’t necessarily fit in one single box but that are crossing multiple borders.

Depends on the game, I guess. There have been some pretty horrid examples of padding the length of a game by adding some arcade or gambling element (I’m looking at you, Space Quest I) if the different elements are well integrated and don’t feel too repetitive.

Being a Linux user, I don’t have many examples to choose from though… Fahrenheit was a glorious enough mess that I just had to play it to the end, but there were times when the quick time events grated on me. I had a lot of fun playing Lair of the Clockwork God, though. Perhaps partly because it freely acknowledged the absurdities of the genres it mixed, and I enjoyed that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top