• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

KAPIA. A funky-apocalyptic adventure

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2017-09-05

PM

DCast - 10 October 2021 05:51 PM

I actually ended up enjoying Kapia, but only after I decided to push through the demo past first 15 minutes or so.
The problem is that everything was too overwhelming at first - Kapia has a serious backstory and developed world, so being dropped right in the middle of it was confusing. There’s the futuristic survival element, the warring political factions element, the revolution - and everyone has a ton to say (and lots of things to look at), so for someone who just booted up the demo - it was an overload of info from the get-go.

With that being said, I’m glad I continued because I somehow got “Culpa Innata” vibes (just based on complex development of the futuristic fantasy world - social and political elements), so I ended up being a fan. Not for everyone, perhaps, but I feel like this will be my jam.

Thank you for giving the game a chance! I am happy that you liked it and believe me, there is much more to come :-)

You are very correct with your critisism. We listened and reformated the beginning of the adventure in a new demo (yet unavailable but is coming soon). It was a difficult decision to make because it did set us back a few month, but I believe it is for the best and I am happy to hear the confirmation of this decision from you.

Thank you again for giving KAPIA a chance. This project took my husband and I 5 years to develop and we really appreciate this attention from you <3

Joined 2017-09-05

PM

Gabe - 09 October 2021 08:29 AM

I mixed Kapia with Encodya,thought played Kapia already then,oh well..

Well, then you will have a new game to try Tongue
Just wait for the new demo, it is coming up very soon.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

what? you were confused between two games that both set in a Dystpoin future, with two young protagonists and arguably a sidekick for both as a robot, Nah how could you

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 11 October 2021 08:43 AM

what? you were confused between two games that both set in a Dystpoin future, with two young protagonists and arguably a sidekick for both as a robot, Nah how could you

Grin

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2017-09-05

PM

Advie - 11 October 2021 08:43 AM

Yeah, curious isn’t it. We started KAPIA back in 2015-2016, even earlier as an idea and scratch development. Maybe like minds think alike :-) Nicola and I compared notes on our games at one point, and there was another curious fact apart from mentioned female protagonist in “apocalyptic” or “funky-apocalyptic”, in case of KAPIA, settings. But, I will leave it for you guys to find.

In KAPIA there are two protagonists. Reny and her grandfather Stefan. There are robots as well, but I believe that simularity ends with the protagonist gender and general settings. They are two different stories and games.
However, if settings is what you liked about Encodya, you most likely will enjoy our KAPIA as well.

Joined 2017-09-05

PM

A NEW DEMO version is now available on Steam!
Play it in your language, check out new features, take a look at our awesome credits!
Release information is comming SOON! Laughing

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1351140/KAPIA/

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Several forum members have pointed out this game is due to be released this month. Folks, it’s official: this game will be out on the 25th of Januari.  Smile

Joined 2017-09-05

PM

Vegetable Party - 16 January 2022 09:00 AM

Several forum members have pointed out this game is due to be released this month. Folks, it’s official: this game will be out on the 25th of Januari.  Smile

Thank you very much for updating everyone!  Heart

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I backed it and I am really excited about this game!

I wish you the best of lucks with the release! You really deserved it for the love and hard work you put into this…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i ve been known by many names; but Several was not one of them Wink

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Congratulations and best of luck with your game!

Several forum members have Advie has pointed out this game is due to be released this month. Folks, it’s official: this game will be out on the 25th of Januari.  Smile

fixed it. Wink

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Vegetable Party - 16 January 2022 11:49 AM

Congratulations and best of luck with your game!

Several forum members have Advie has pointed out this game is due to be released this month. Folks, it’s official: this game will be out on the 25th of Januari.  Smile

fixed it. Wink

His name is Legion!  Naughty

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hehe.. thanks, Veggie.

Love it, love the reference Walas

Joined 2017-09-05

PM

walas74 - 16 January 2022 11:27 AM

I backed it and I am really excited about this game!

I wish you the best of lucks with the release! You really deserved it for the love and hard work you put into this…

Thank you so very much for supporting us throughout this development. Kickstarter was super important for this game to happened, I seriously can’t wait for you to play it and to hear your feedback <3
Anna

Joined 2017-09-05

PM

Advie - 16 January 2022 11:33 AM

i ve been known by many names; but Several was not one of them Wink

Thank you for helping me out with forum, Advie!
You know that we are a team of two people doing our own marketing, so it is difficult to stay on top of every resource. Fortunately, we have awesome people like you helping us!  Thank you for your kind support!!!!
I value it tremendously  
Anna
Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top