• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure like The Black Mirror

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2011-08-22

PM

Please, I am looking for atmospheric horror adventure game like The Black Mirror trilogy Smile

My favorite game of all times Smile

Please… Smile

P.S: I know, first TBM (english version) have bad rating for bad work of voice actors, but original Czech version (my country) have best voice acting I’ve ever heard in game… Smile

(sorry for my english)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I think Samuel’s voice in the English version is one of the best voices I’ve heard in a game. As for the similar games:

- Memento Mori is more on the mystery/conspiracy side, but could pass as a similar spooky atmosphere on occasions.

- Still Life

- Sherlock Holmes: Awakened, get the Remastered edition and you can play it in third-person

- Phantasmagoria - I’ve already stated how Black Mirror reminded me of Phantasmagoria in this thread

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dracula Origin is just Like a perfect match (imo)

@Diego how come ?
you mentioned Phantasmagoria and The Black Mirror ? are alike!
i would like to hear that (again) if you don’t mind

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

There’s the link to the earlier thread, go and read there Smile

Black Mirror at its best reminds me of Gabriel Knight, so if you haven’t played that trilogy, go for it. Some of the dark psychological themes also remind me of Overclocked.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon: Has a very similar atmosphere, might not have quite as much chit-chat as Black Mirror but depending what adventure gamer you are that might be a good thing (it is for me).

The Lost Crown: Very atmospheric and nice scenery like TBM, different subject matter (ghost-hunting) but every horror lover should play it.

Also agree with diego about Samuel. I thought he was fine, and better than the actor from the 2nd and 3rd games.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

millenia - 26 May 2013 06:04 PM

There’s the link to the earlier thread, go and read there Smile

so its about the set of two creepy mansions or castles ...
  Content
it was a job to put the screens beside each others anyhow

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-01

PM

Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon has a very similar atmosphere. It’s 1st person though.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Advie - 26 May 2013 06:32 PM

so its about the set of two creepy mansions or castles ...
  Content
it was a job to put the screens beside each others anyhow

Well the surroundings and the setting in general are meaningful parts of the game. I haven’t played Phantasmagoria further than the demo so I didn’t want spoilers but I’m rather confident that the mansion is not the only thing these games have in common.

Cheshire Cat - 27 May 2013 02:30 AM

Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon has a very similar atmosphere. It’s 1st person though.

I was also thinking about this one but somehow forgot to actually put it in my post.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2011-08-22

PM

Thank you very much to everyone, I try them all Smile

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The first two that comes to mind is Overclocked: A History of Violence and The Lost Crown. Both are very atmospheric games, and have a high focus on building up suspence, and they in many ways remind me of Black Mirror, though the stories are different.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2003-09-19

PM

This has sparked my interest in playing this series. How can I play at least the first game in the original language w/English subtitles? Thanks.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top