• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A new is Tales From the Borderlands coming in 2022.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

New Tales from the Borderlands to be announced this summer - Gematsu

Publisher 2K and developer Gearbox Software will announce a new entry in the Tales from the Borderlands series this summer, Gearbox Software founder Randy Pitchford teased at the Gearbox Main Theatre Show at PAX East 2022. It will launch in 2022.

“I know many of you love the Borderlands universe, the stories told within it—we love it, too,” Pitchford said on-stage. “We also know that many of you loved Tales from the Borderlands, right? Well as you know, some of the characters from Tales from the Borderlands made their way into Borderlands 3, so we really love that format as a way to create characters, create new stories, and explore all that differently than what’s possible with looter-shooter games. Because of the success and our love for Tales, and because of our interest in developing the Borderlands universe in new ways, we thought it would be fun and exciting to dive into the format of interactive fiction once again.”

Pitchford continued, “This time, we’re doing it to imagine all new characters and all-new stories from the Borderlands. So soon we’ll be announcing an all-new game set within the Borderlands universe and presented in that style of interactive fiction. I’m talking about an all-new Tales from the Borderlands adventure. It’s going to be releasing this year [in 2022], it’s published by 2K Games, and it has been developed in-house by Gearbox Software. And it has all-new characters set in the Borderlands universe. We’ve been working on this experience secretly for many years. And I can’t wait until it’s time to announce this all-new game this summer and show all of you what we’ve been doing. So please be on the lookout this summer for the announcement of an all-new Tales from the Borderlands.”

It’s being developed in house at Gearbox, rather than through TTG. Reminds me I should actually finish the first game.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i never played any of the ttg titles, but I am interested to see a different approach from this Gearbox dev this time, maybe it could be more ‘adventurous’?

edit/add: I’ve played ttg’s S&M and MI, didn’t I!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top