• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough: The Space Bar

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

diego - 09 August 2012 02:38 PM

BTW, I’m still at Seedrot’s. Shifty Eyed I don’t have idea what I’m supposed to do.

No big secret… Alias talked to Seedrot about her first fruit and that triggered the Emp-Tel. You’re supposed to drop a fruit. Which is what all women female plants are supposed to do. So go drop a fruit, mister. Smile

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6593

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fien - 09 August 2012 03:42 PM

So go drop a fruit, mister. Smile

I’m right on it, Sarge! (Hey, I should had saved this line for Soldier’s emp-tel Shifty Eyed)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Fellow bar patrons, I’ll post the next episode later today. I need to play a little more in order to keep ahead, or I’ll get us all killed.  Cry

Harald, I think I found the answer to your question about the Residue Printer. The results don’t show up because Zelda sends them to the Sergeant and at some point she comes in with a message and the results on your PDA.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Hello everyone. When I’m in the bar, around 18:65, I get a strange reccorded message. I think it’s from the shapeshifter, wanting me to get something somewhere within an hour, but I can’t get anything he (or perhaps she?)says because of the background voice. Could you please help me with a text of the message?

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Yep, it’s from our shapeshifting friend. All incoming messages are recorded on your PDA and you can replay them in a less noisy environment, for instance the Vestibule. Here’s the text as I understood it:

This is a message for the security officer operating undercover in the Thirsty Tentacle. I do not know who you are, but your partner is now my hostage. I hope you will be as simple to identify. If you ever wish to see your partner alive again, place the data cartridge on the table outside the restrooms and then leave the premises. I give you one hour to comply.

BTW, I do want a word with the Audio Director at Boffo Games! What in the world possessed him to mix background noises and voices together. It was bad enough in the van in the Fleebix/Thud emp-tel, where everybody was talking at the same time. At Seedrot’s place that awful television sound made it impossible to do something while listening. Then we had to listen to the constant droning of Soldier’s swarm, which drove me insane. And I’d forgotten all about the terrible, rasping voice of the drugdealer, with the thunder in the background. I couldn’t hear a word that mixing machine said.

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve fallen behind in the past few days.  Now that the Olympics are over, I should have more time to get caught up.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I think it might be best if we spend some time in the bar, after completing the Click emp-tel, because your life will be in danger pretty soon, as you can tell by the messages the friendly shapeshifter sends you. 

At 19:50 an important new area opens up, the U’bleek theme bar. (I’m not revealing any secrets, this info was available from the start.) U’bleek is Cilia’s home territory. Too bad we haven’t experienced her memory yet, but the clues you got from the emp-tels we’ve done are crucial to your survival.

If anybody is interested, I could post the approximate time of the attack in spoiler tags, so you know how many turns you have to prevent it.

PS: I’m currently playing the Deven-7 emp-tel (the next one) and I’ve run into problems with my Win95 computer.  Angry  I don’t know yet how bad the problem is.

PPS: After posting about my irritation with the sounds/voices, I want to add that I really like this game a lot. It’s hard, too hard in places, but there are so many things that make me laugh out loud. The animations are a pleasure to watch too. Just talk to the repairman in the gambling area and ask about his boss. Smile Last but not least, the clever maps are so much more than just maps. I loved watching the egg float in Soldier’s emp-tel.

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 4273

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 14 August 2012 10:48 AM

If anybody is interested, I could post the approximate time of the attack in spoiler tags, so you know how many turns you have to prevent it.

I stopped playing TSB, but I’m still very much interested in it, so please give us all you got.
There hardly were an adventure game where one needed all the help they can get.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Okay. Why are you still interested, are you by any chance going to play it with your daughter?  Cool

Approximate time of attack on Alias:I got killed around 20:65. I don’t know the exact time cause I was dead instantly, so no opportunity to look at my PDA.

Make sure you prevent the attack well before that time. We have other stuff to do in the bar later, so we need to all the turns we can get.

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 4273

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 14 August 2012 11:51 AM

Okay. Why are you still interested, are you by any chance going to play it with your daughter?  Cool

No, she’s into other things now, but I still like the humo(u)r and the characters of TSB (although I can’t get much of what is said ), so I’m still interested.

I must confess: like Diego usually does , I started playing something else and the game is so good (as expected) that I won’t be able to play anything else for a couple of days.
And it has subtitles!

Yeah, shame on me , but that’s the way the things go atm.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

I have a little problem: i stupidely overwrote my savegame (got killed instantly after starting the savegame) and now i have to restart from Thuds Emp-Tel. But i have no time till next wednesday (gamescom here in germany and my father has his 80th birthday).
I really like this game, but it drives my crazy in every possible way!!

Today such a game would never have the chance to be released. It ist too complicated, the riddles are too hard, and it is immensely long and has too much bypaths. And you can get killed. And it is timed.

It is very unhappy that we will never get new games which are like this.
On the other hand ... i would have no time for real life, if every adventure would be like this!

Total Posts: 6593

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone else stuck with dropping a fruit? Tongue

Come on, I need a companion Shifty Eyed

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Diego, if you need a hint, just holler.

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Hello everyone.
I am stuck in Click’s Emp Tel. To be precise, I can’t make the cerebomb!
Ingredients put into the Drug processor: Flutterweed, eel (fished by throwing the basket from the window), saliva (“fished” by putting the jar in the basket and throwing it from the other window), butterfly and 5 Mantis legs. I don’t know if I made anything wrong, but I can’t obtain the cerebomb and it the final mixture is not identified as a cerebomb from the unit either when I press the green button. Suggestions?

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

Sefir, unless the recipe can change from game to game, you have one ingredient wrong. I don’t know how you determined which ingredient is which, but the only way I know of finding out for sure is to do some saving and loading. Or leaving and re-entering the Emp Tel, but why bother. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top