• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #74 - Still Life

Total Posts: 5843

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Glad you managed to get past the lockpicking puzzle! I followed the GB walkthrough but you just have to miss one small thing so it took me a couple of attempts. It did work though!  Smile

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Whatever mistake I made had to occur before the 15 on the second line. And I’ve managed to repeat the same mistake at least ten times. That seems to be an impossibility to me. You would think I would get it right at least one time, if only by accident.

Watched the funeral most of the morning, yesterday. Last time I remember this much pomp and circumstance in the US was when Kennedy was assassinated. I was in high school when it happened, so you know it was a long time ago.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I managed to finish this chapter before starting the next one.

I tried to solve the lockpicking puzzle, I really tried, but I couldn’t. Even using a walkthrough, it cost a few times (my mistake following the instructions). I think the problem is I didn’t realize sometimes you should use the same lockpick in the same piston twice to lock other pistons…

I still love some game detais, such as silouettes at the windows sometimes, or some policeman watching the streets.

I suspected that already, but it was shocking to discover Ida is pregnant, especially knowing she is going to be killed…

Poor Gus, I am afraid he is going to be the scapegoat of this case…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Ok, let’s go with the following chapter, longer than the previous ones:

Chapter 5: The Garden of Earthly Delights

We continue as Victoria after receiving important news from Miller. This chapter will finish when Victoria finds out and important name and suddenly we will be playing as Gus, beating someone badly. You should stop playing after that.

As usual, one week for this chapter, until September 27th.

Good luck and let’s hope there won’t be more cooking nor lockpicking…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 409

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

walas74, how do you know Ida is going to be killed? I don’t remember that bit of information before the actual event.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

skeeter_93 - 21 September 2022 05:49 PM

walas74, how do you know Ida is going to be killed? I don’t remember that bit of information before the actual event.

I asked myself the same question. That fact was not in the thesis Victoria received. So it must have been in the book Gus picked up in the artist’s room. (I didn’t get a chance to read it before I was whisked back to Victoria’s room.) I will have to replay that last part of the chapter to confirm that. But if that turns out to be true then Ida is either already dead or what’s in the book is just a plan, not a fact, so Gus has a chance to foil the plot. Unfortunately, I read Walas’ spoiler, as did you, so either way Gus is minus a future wife.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2022-09-18

PM

downloading tomorrow…

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

skeeter_93 - 21 September 2022 05:49 PM

It was written in Kolar’s thesis.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Hmm, I read the thesis but didn’t see it, or I forgot it. Probably the latter… It was a shock to me because I thought she was Victoria’s grandmother.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

It is in page 3 of the thesis. You can see it here (time 06:27):

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

This chapter has some nice locations. Its heavy on puzzles. Managed to go through some and i m stuck at a slider puzzle atm. I ll try again tomorrow because i m frustrated. Certainly the hardest of the chapters so far.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

One clarification. Now that I am playing Victoria I was able to open the thesis. A game glitch. The “next page” arrow disappears after reading the second page. So I assumed that was all there was. However if you clock on the page anyway you can read additional pages. So yes, Ida was murdered.

I’m having a problem in Richard’s gallery. We’ve seen Stephanie’s body. Found the ID card and photo and picked up a chain. I’m pretty sure I know what to do here, but I can’t re-enter the elevator. Victoria as stuck in “walking mode.” She’s standing/walking on the platform in front of the elevator door. But until she enters the elevator, there’s no way to do what I think I have to do to gather the silver rose. Help!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

rtrooney - 22 September 2022 04:00 PM

One clarification. Now that I am playing Victoria I was able to open the thesis. A game glitch. The “next page” arrow disappears after reading the second page. So I assumed that was all there was. However if you clock on the page anyway you can read additional pages. So yes, Ida was murdered.

I’m having a problem in Richard’s gallery. We’ve seen Stephanie’s body. Found the ID card and photo and picked up a chain. I’m pretty sure I know what to do here, but I can’t re-enter the elevator. Victoria as stuck in “walking mode.” She’s standing/walking on the platform in front of the elevator door. But until she enters the elevator, there’s no way to do what I think I have to do to gather the silver rose. Help!

I didnt have any problem entering the elevator after getting the id and chain. So it must be a bug. Try reloading a save maybe.

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Also after you get through the bouncer at Red lantern save your game before you explore the place. There is some information about the next puzzle that you only get once. I managed to solve the puzzle by trying all possible combinations but after checking a walkthrough to see why it was the right combination i realised that the reason was i had forgotten the initial info that the game gave me and couldnt check again.

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I had that bug with the elevator too. I kept going off assuming I needed to do something else. Eventually I got in the elevator with repeated clicking, I must have hit the exact right spot.

I reread the thesis page. I think that I simply misunderstood when I read it, my brain has been a bit tired. In my mind, I probably thought it meant the murders involving her, as in she hired Gus to investigate. I actually had to read it twice just now, the first time I read it I still didn’t twig.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top