• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiehotspot

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #74 - Still Life

Total Posts: 5055

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 09 September 2022 01:19 PM
walas74 - 09 September 2022 01:24 AM

I was shocked when I read Kolar’s thesis,

Yes, me too especially as it referred to events encountered in Post Mortem. I find it difficult to believe but I did think about it.

I’m also mulling over why the person who broke into the morgue let Victoria live? Could it be related?

I missed reading the thesis. When something gets added to inventory, there is often a pop up that says “beer bottle added to inventory” or somesuch. When a document or journal entry gets added there is no prompt. I’m not going back to a saved game and replay chapter 3, so I guess I will just have to wait til chapter 5 to catch up on my reading.

I can think of any number of plausible explanations why the coachman didn’t kill her when he had the chance. But all relate to the “fight or flight” syndrome. Perhaps he (although we don’t know for sure that its not a she) was simply more interested in getting away than anything else.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Turns out I had a saved game from the base of the dorm stairs. Ergo no big deal to get and read the thesis. Or Victoria’s interpretation of it. (I wonder if my college thesis could have been summed up in several sentences?)

Because I hadn’t read this, I also hadn’t red the part where Victoria thinks the intruder had let her live. If I belive her, and right now there’s no reason not to, then I guess my thought that it just made it easier for the person to get away is wrong.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1687

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I am enjoying reading yalls playthrough more than i enjoyed the game. I stopped the game at the cookie puzzle, not just bc the puzzle was poorly concevied, but bc it was poorly placed and slowed the pace of the mystery as a whole. The puzzle just did not belong there and it completely took me out of the vibe and experience of still life.

Total Posts: 1293

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Come on! You can’t judge a game for one single puzzle

I would like you join us.,

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

walas74 - 10 September 2022 08:35 AM

Come on! You can’t judge a game for one single puzzle

I would like you join us.,

Thanks but im on vacation and out of town for 1 week. Besides I was only mildly intrigued by the game even before the baking puzzle so it is cool, but I appreciate the offer. i will however continue reading this thread to see what all yall think.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

Jdawg445 - 10 September 2022 06:37 AM

I am enjoying reading yalls playthrough more than i enjoyed the game. I stopped the game at the cookie puzzle, not just bc the puzzle was poorly concevied, but bc it was poorly placed and slowed the pace of the mystery as a whole. The puzzle just did not belong there and it completely took me out of the vibe and experience of still life.

I agree its kinda out of place but i enjoyed this one. I guess its a puzzle that makes sense more if you cook irl. Although i used a walkthrough to solve it lol.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Nico2021 - 10 September 2022 11:25 AM

I agree its kinda out of place but i enjoyed this one. I guess its a puzzle that makes sense more if you cook irl. Although i used a walkthrough to solve it lol.

I agree with the “kinda” part. But it makes perfect sense in a way. One, it gives Victoria a break from “all detective all the time.” Two, she has to return home to read the journals and find stuff in the attic. And three, it gives her a chance to gain insight into Gus via conversations with her father. So why not make a batch of Chrismas cookies for dad while you’re there. Tis the season.

In another Microids game, Syberia, Kate’s objective is to find Hans Voralsburg. Did she do anything in the game that strayed from achieving that objective? Of course! Among others, at the very end, when the objective was almost complete, we have a drink-mixing puzzle.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Good im glad you are enjoying it. Even before the cooking puzzle the game never got its hooks in me that deep, so that puzzle was a good place for me to bow out.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Jdawg445 - 10 September 2022 09:32 PM

Come on! Even if you are right, and you are, never wanted to know what happened to Gus? Our pacing is one chapter per week, sure you can follow us

Good im glad you are enjoying it. Even before the cooking puzzle the game never got its hooks in me that deep, so that puzzle was a good place for me to bow out.

Smile

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Sorry I am too drunk today. What Iwanted to say is

Come on! Even if you are right, and you are, never wanted to know what happened to Gus? Our pacing is one chapter per week, sure you can follow us

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I was wondering about that. Now that we’ve become a bit more familiar with the interface. those of us that are left seem to be finishing in three or four days rather than the allotted week. I know that if I’m lucky enough to find two or three hours to play the game, and finish in two days, I get kind of antsy.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I think only sylv didn’t report having finished this chapter.

Tomorrow will continue with Chapter 4.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m in the starting blocks.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

Sorry, I finished today!
I did not manage to do the cookie puzzle on my own. I left the game a while at that point, and finally used a walkthrough :-)

When reading the doctor’s thesis, my suspicion was confirmed (actually, I had the same suspicion about her father) . So I am really curious how things will work out.

It is even a better game than what I remember. All the details, like how she behaves in the elevator, are perfect :-)

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Then we all are ready for…

Chapter 4: Jack the Ripper’s Bedroom

We are now Gus again, and after talking to Vladanna, it is time to go hunting our killer.

This chapter will finish with Gus listening a disturbing conversation and then we will be back with Victoria receiving news from Miller. Please, stop after that.

As always, one week for this chapter, until September 20th.

I won’t probably be able to play until next week.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top