• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming adventure games you’re REALLY excited about

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Two adventures which are made in the spirit of old Sierra. Whether the quality matches is a different question.

Ejected Star

Is this a worthy spiritual continuation of Space Quest?

A comedy, point n’ click adventure! Join Tommy Tektite as he explores the galaxy in a quest to hunt down Havok, an evil, conniving robot who has framed him for the destruction of his ship and all those aboard. Along the way he must make friends, obtain a spaceship, build up his crew and follow clues to uncover Havok’s whereabouts and bring him to justice.

Free, fully voiced prologue, with an hour’s worth of comedy-filled content!

Don’t forget to bring a mop!

Jerry Wanker and the Quest to get Laid

Is this a worthy spiritual continuation of Leisure Suit Larry?
(They aren’t very subtle in their theme, but neither are the latest LSL games…)

In case anyone goes to check some sceenshots, a warning for cartoon nudity here.

Tonight is the night! Next door at the spooky mansion, the hottest girls in Blueball Falls are throwing the hottest and sexiest party in history!

Enter Jerry Wanker or at least he’d like to enter. Considered the dillweed of town, Jerry didn’t get invited. Now he’s far from a badass, but his theoretical knowledge about sex is as broad as his cunning. He’ll need that, his wits, a sense of humor and the outside-the-box thinking to outsmart the lugheads and scrubs keeping him from his goal. A hot date with at least one of the lovely gals at the party!

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Karlok - 11 August 2021 03:20 AM

Me too! Most excited about Twelve Minutes. Very interesting and I don’t mind the inevitable repetition in this type of game. Comes with the Groundhog Day setup I always enjoy.

Also looking forward to Murder Mystery Machine , release date 25th of August. By the looks of it a fairly traditional who-dunnit but I like playing detective.

Can’t believe I forgot to put Murder Mystery Machine on my list here. I’m looking forward to trying it!

GateKeeper - 11 August 2021 05:19 AM

First: Romance After Dark.

I am very interested in how they are going to combine what sounds and looks like relatively traditional murder mystery with all that adult content, like uncencored group sex scenes.

Most likely just like they do it with any other xxx-game, which is to say that the plot is but a mere vehicle to carry sex scenes. Grin

On a more… normal side of gaming, I just recently found out about a game called Warp Frontier. No release date yet.

Yes! We’ve been talking about this game on the forums. I believe there was a separate thread, so many people (including myself) are quite excited about it! I think it’s from the creator of Jolly Rover, which I thought was an enjoyable indie.

Last, but presumably not least: Unusual Findings.

This one I’m anticipating very highly! Kinda made me think of “Stranger Things” in adventure format, so I’m looking forward to it as well.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

GateKeeper - 11 August 2021 12:54 PM

Another one that I didn’t include in my previous post, because I heard about this just literally few minutes ago.

Bloody Cruise

This one, I believe, is visual novel-based, no? It might be interesting. Personally, I’m not much into VNs, but there are two that I have played the demos for and found very interesting that I’ll be getting.

One comes out in two days actually,and I’ve written about it prior, but it’s called

Ambition: a Minuet in Power

And it seems to be a dating sim/visual novel mix, but also political strategy and diplomacy in a “choose-your-own-adventure” style, where you can set up alliances and political factions, trying to move up in 18th century Paris society. I found the demo that is available on Steam rather entertaining.

Second one comes out on Halloween and it is called At Eve’s Wake

And this is a horror-ish VN with choices that matter and is about very very strange homicidal family that may or may not be in a cult. The demo is also available on Steam, and I found it to be quite well-written and visually pleasing.

I think this will about complete my VN quota for the year… Unless something mindbogglingly interesting pops up, of course!

The Phantom Fellows

This one is interesting.
It seems to be a completely shameless rip-off which takes the visual style and paranormal investigating concept from the Darkside Detective, and the ghostly sidekick thing from the Blackwell series.

I have downloaded the demo for this one, but haven’t tried it yet. Sure does seem heavily influenced by Darkside Detective.

P.S. I need to look up this show, Jabod!

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

GateKeeper - 16 August 2021 03:03 AM

Two adventures which are made in the spirit of old Sierra. Whether the quality matches is a different question.

Ejected Star

As evident by my consistent mentioning, I play lots of demos. This one I really enjoyed. I could go super simplistic and say “Guybrush in Space”, but it is more nuanced than that, of course. I liked what I have seen so far!

Jerry Wanker and the Quest to get Laid

The previous games by this company were quite “spicy”, so I’m curious if this will be on the x-rated side or simply hinting on it. Regardless, they have the visual part down pat.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Larpon - 12 August 2021 09:57 AM

Glad to finally be able to tell you that non The First Warp is finally out!

Thanks for bringing attention to it!

*edit: Also running a dedicated thread here on AG.

My pleasure. I will be booting it up shortly!

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

This looks fun too.

If Fusion Were That Easy

“‘If Fusion Were That Easy’ is a humorous 2.5D point-and-click adventure about cold fusion and preventing the apocalypse. Explore a diverse world, master tricky puzzles and stop the inevitable.”

I like the cold fusion comedy concept, and the sarcastic game title, animations and graphics look a bit clumsy, but overall it’s one of the more interesting games in development.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I will finally get a chance to try The Rewinder that came out on 9th of September tonight - I thought the demo was absolutely wonderful and made it seem like this game can be my GOTY potential. I’m quite astonished though that this pixel graphic (fairly traditional) point-and-click has 1,769 reviews (as of the moment of writing this) on Steam with “overwhelmingly positive” rating despite being out for less than two weeks! Can’t wait to dig in.

Two games that are still to come out this month that I’m looking forward to are

Warp Frontier. A sci-fi point-and-click by creator of “Jolly Rover” and “MacGuffin’s Curse” due on the 28th of September. I believe a few AG forum members were looking forward to this one.

And

A Juggler’s Tale which is a platformer adventure that ended up being “adventure enough” to be featured here. I have tried the demo and found it unique, heart-warming and fun (little details like when Abby, the string puppet hero, stumbles because the strings get caught on a branch mid-walk just add a layer of adorable attention to detail), so on the 29th of September - it’s ON!

I believe date releases for both came after the list on AG was published, but maybe they just didn’t live up to the hype of the stuff ( I remember you mentioned “A Juggler’s Tale” Jackal - did you have a chance to try it?), but I sure am anticipating these highly.

Anyone else is waiting for anything this month?

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Warp Frontier looks *so* hit or miss. I’ll try it, though.

The Rewinder looks right up my alley. I don’t think it’s the same guy who made Detective Di, but gosh darn does it look similar.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

DCast - 21 September 2021 07:28 PM

I will finally get a chance to try The Rewinder that came out on 9th of September tonight - I thought the demo was absolutely wonderful and made it seem like this game can be my GOTY potential. I’m quite astonished though that this pixel graphic (fairly traditional) point-and-click has 1,769 reviews (as of the moment of writing this) on Steam with “overwhelmingly positive” rating despite being out for less than two weeks! Can’t wait to dig in.

Anyone else is waiting for anything this month?

The Rewinder is a great game. I really like the puzzles so I will definitely be nominating it for best gameplay for the Aggies.

If you look at the reviews on Steam, most of them are in Chinese. My guess is that for Chinese users on Steam that only want to see games with Chinese language support would see a lot more promotion for this game then people who have English as a section.

Either way I’m glad the reviews are positive since it deserves it.

This month was stacked. I’m going to get Sable tomorrow and then Impostor Factory next week.

Baron_Blubba - 21 September 2021 11:55 PM

Warp Frontier looks *so* hit or miss. I’ll try it, though.

The Rewinder looks right up my alley. I don’t think it’s the same guy who made Detective Di, but gosh darn does it look similar.

It’s not made by the same developer, but I got an additional discount on Steam for having Detective Di in my library.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

TheLongestJourney - 22 September 2021 02:11 AM

The Rewinder is a great game. I really like the puzzles so I will definitely be nominating it for best gameplay for the Aggies.

Just finished it and really enjoyed it!

This month was stacked. I’m going to get Sable tomorrow and then Impostor Factory next week.

I had technical problems with Sable, and I posted about them in the Sable thread. Let me know if the game was as awesome as it looks.

I’m not huge on RPG-maker kind of adventures, but I’ve heard many people mentioning Impostor Factory, and they say it’s pretty much necessary to know what happened before this game (and I wasn’t even aware this isn’t a stadalone), so I’d love to hear how did you like it and if it’s worth getting the entire thing.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Surprisingly, I’m not waiting for anything all that much this October besides the adventure/VN hybrid “At Eve’s Wake” that I mentioned a few posts earlier and which is due on Halloween. I’m not a VN person, but I can’t say no to cults and wicked death games and family conspiracies.

Other than that there was a horror adventure Seduction that I just got, and a psychological horror walking sim Chasing Static, demo for which I quite enjoyed (due on October 14th). Also not too big on walking sims, but occasionally something interesting pops up.

The only one I can think of that might be interesting is point’n'click The Sundew, but I feel like I’m a bit exhausted from all the cyber-punk overload in games for a moment.

I remember playing a demo awhile ago, and I thought it was a decent game, but I just can’t seem to muster up much of an excitement about anything with this trend at the moment. Still, it can be a really good game, who knows? So I’ll keep my eye on it.

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Looking forward to Telltale’s The Expanse and Wolf Among Us 2 as well as Star Trek: Resurgence from people who previously worked at Telltale.

I see there’s an update on TWAU2 coming soon.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

That’s FANTASTIC news, Chase!

I know they were going on-and-off with TWAU 2, so I’m hoping this time it will be a sure thing. It’s day 1 purchase for me, if it is.

The Expanse looks amazing - absolutely looking forward to it!
And, damn, do these people nail their voice-overs in games…

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I love the expanse, but the telltale formula really grew thin on me.

I can’t believe Quantic dream aka the people that made Detroit become human and heavy rain are making a Star Wars game now.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

An adventure game I’m looking forward to in January is

Coven.
I really liked what I saw in the demo for this indie. Not your typical AG subject and environment. Interesting topic of religious vs occult and some cool game mechanics are introduced. Really hoping it’ll be a thought-provoking, engaging experience.

Also, keeping my eye on From Lex to Rex. Seems to be an old-school-esque comedy point’n'click. Hoping for fun times!

What’s everyone looking forward to this winter?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top