• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

JRPGs

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

giom - 19 March 2022 02:11 PM

For classic JRPGs, I loved Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy X

In term of newer JRPGs, I also really liked Persona 4 Golden and The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky (but that’s a very very long serie)

I haven’t had much time to play lately though

When Persona 4 Golden was released on the PC, it sold over 500,000 copies and got rave reviews. I’ve played that game over four times and each time it was simply more amazing than the play before. It’s one of the best JRPGs of all time.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Adv_Lvr - 19 March 2022 02:44 PM

When Persona 4 Golden was released on the PC, it sold over 500,000 copies and got rave reviews. I’ve played that game over four times and each time it was simply more amazing than the play before. It’s one of the best JRPGs of all time.

Heart

Actually, now that I think about it I’m pretty sure I played it on vita because of a comment of yours somewhere on this forum Smile

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

giom - 19 March 2022 03:54 PM
Adv_Lvr - 19 March 2022 02:44 PM

Heart

Actually, now that I think about it I’m pretty sure I played it on vita because of a comment of yours somewhere on this forum Smile

I have it on the VITA. On the VITAs OLED screen it’s simply beautiful. It sold over 1 million copies on the VITA. I’ll always have a VITA to play that game.

I have stacks of adventure games and visual novels on my VITA. At the time I was shocked to find the 3DS lacking in this department.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Adv_Lvr, if you’re looking for a JRPG Try the Trails of the Sky on vita, I think it’s the best way to experience that game. I like that game for the same reason I like Persona 4 golden, the world feels alive, people have a lot to say and there’s a lot of story.

What are your favorite visual novels and adventure games on vita? Always curious to see if I missed any Smile

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

giom - 20 March 2022 05:32 AM

Adv_Lvr, if you’re looking for a JRPG Try the Trails of the Sky on vita, I think it’s the best way to experience that game. I like that game for the same reason I like Persona 4 golden, the world feels alive, people have a lot to say and there’s a lot of story.

What are your favorite visual novels and adventure games on vita? Always curious to see if I missed any Smile

I have that game. Loved it when I played it.

For adventure games my favorites were the Dangaronpa games and for Viual Novels Steins Gate was tops for me.

Heart

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

All of the trails of series is great, there are so many games in the series that have interconnecting characters. It is like the Japanese role-playing game version of Game of Thrones. Awesome on every level. Also love Trails of Cold Steel all of them even 4.

I just be Tales of arise while not perfect it was a great game would easily give it a 8 out of 10

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Thanks for the recommendation for Tales of arise. I’ve played a few Tales games over the years and really enjoy them, no matter what platform I’ve played them on.

Jdawg445 - 21 March 2022 08:18 AM

All of the trails of series is great, there are so many games in the series that have interconnecting characters. It is like the Japanese role-playing game version of Game of Thrones. Awesome on every level. Also love Trails of Cold Steel all of them even 4.

I just be Tales of arise while not perfect it was a great game would easily give it a 8 out of 10

Heart  Heart  Tongue

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

seething wolf - 30 June 2022 07:09 PM
Luhr28 - 16 November 2021 07:44 PM

I liked Shining Force. Yeah, it was probably a Final Fantasy rip-off but I hadn’t played that at the time and I liked the characters and world

Now wait a second there my good sir. The wonderful Shining Force which came out in 92 was a Tactical-RPG nothing alike any Final Fantasy at the time. If anything, Shining Force might’ve inspired the FF tactical games that came out years later. The game was great and had the very distinct look of Yoshitaka Tamaki’s artstyle which I miss. He eventually created a universe composed of such gems as Landstalker, Ladystalker, FEDA and Alundra, culminating in the hidden gem for the Dreamcast, Timestalkers, which joined together all those games’ protags.

Sir:

Tactical RPG you say? I haven’t played a Final Fantasy game for a long time but isn’t that what FF is? You fight bad guys and you use tactics to beat them, and there are a lot of stats and leveling up. Sounds tactical enough to me.

AKA Charo

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Ah. Thanks for the explanation. That must be why I always liked Shining Force more than FF, there seemed to be more substance to the battles. I completely forgot about the battle screen in SF. Though I can’t say I found them very challenging.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

What do you think of the Front Mission games? Admittedly I only played one of them, for about two months and at least a decade ago - the impression I got is vague at best. But I do remember an interesting world and story, plus pretty good strategy game and RPG tactics, with mechs.

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Oh man seething, you’re bringing up all the feels and nostalgia for me ITT. I played Front Mission sometime in the 90s and loved it. Hours and hours I spent upgrading my wanzers(?) and kicking some mech ass.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

speaking of mechs: I recently saw the movie ROBOT JOX - highly recommend. B-movie, doesn’t try to be smart about it, but there’s some stuff going on beneath the hood. It’s like a reverse Starship Troopers. I cheered at the end.

speaking of distinctions between rpgs: Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga - a couple of genres going on. Definitely not a tactical RPG - is it a JRPG?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top