• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure games on Steam’s Greenlight

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Monolith -

date=“1348103411 Omg he’s great because he’s black and liberal! FTW! jk

So I will vote for the other guy because he is not…. Fill in the appropriate blank. But this is a game discussion not a political discussion. I used my phrase as an analogy, not as a poitical viewpoint.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Why is this a politics thread now?

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

rtrooney - 19 September 2012 07:41 PM

My “many unpleasant posts” were strictly related to the initial cost of the game.

HA!

It wasn’t just your eternal nagging about prices. You must have forgotten your totally unfounded allegations against Himalaya.

rttooney: I have little faith that Himalaya could fulfill an order even if it was placed at the current price.  Whatever the company is doing, it’s public personna, as viewed by its website image, is not positive. It’s a shame. And the result is that I am not going to put my credit card on the line, regardlless of price, to buy the game because I don’t trust the company.

Himalaya was fullfilling orders when you wrote that and they were active on ebay as well. It seems reasonable to assume you read all the posts in a thread started by *you*. But you never apologized.

BTW, why are you reading my posts? You were so happy when the terrible forum software finally, finally let you put me on your ignore list. Tongue

Mister Ed:

Wait, what? How does voting for a person instead of a party sound warped? I’ve always found it kind of bizarre that so many people do the opposite, voting for a party no matter who they have running. Guess that’s why I’ve never seen fit to register for a party. I’ve voted for people from both major parties (and some that weren’t from either) on a case by case basis, and can’t imagine thinking that I needed to support the party as a whole to do so.

This is what rtrooney said: But it is possible to support an individual political candidate without supporting the party to which that candidate belongs.  So, while I would like to support, for example, Al Emmo on Greenlight, I can’t because I am not a Steam user.

If trooney was talking about *voting*, that doesn’t make sense to me. You don’t have to be a party member to vote for your favorite candidate. And whatever your personal, private, individual motivation to vote for a particular candidate, you automatically vote for his or her party.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

rtrooney - 19 September 2012 09:24 PM

I used my phrase as an analogy, not as a poitical viewpoint.

Yeah, and it’s a bad analogy.

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2004-11-26

PM

Let’s get back on topic. The Chit Chat forum is there If you’d like to discuss politics.

Resident science freak

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Fien - 19 September 2012 09:51 PM

And whatever your personal, private, individual motivation to vote for a particular candidate, you automatically vote for his or her party.

Perhaps there is a matter of semantics tripping me up here. To me, “voting for the party” would mean supporting the party in general, not voting for an individual that happens to be a member of it. When I look at my ballot, it doesn’t ask me to pick a party, it asks me to pick a person. We may not really be disagreeing, other than on what constitutes “voting for the party”.

But yeah, sorry I got caught up in derailment. Probably shouldn’t have even made THIS post, but I didn’t want to be misunderstood. I’ll stop now.

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

On-topic, I was surprised Gray Matter never made it to Steam in the first place. I remember posting about it on the old boards, I think the game would have sold well on Steam. It had nice graphics for an adventure game and a lot of people on Steam are pulled in by graphics, plus on paper the storyline is really intriguing (and was pretty good in execution as well). Can’t help but feel they missed a trick there but given the low profile of adventure games if it does get on Steam on the new release list, it could give this title a second wind and plenty of new sales.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Stuart - 19 September 2012 11:40 PM

On-topic, I was surprised Gray Matter never made it to Steam in the first place. I remember posting about it on the old boards, I think the game would have sold well on Steam. It had nice graphics for an adventure game and a lot of people on Steam are pulled in by graphics, plus on paper the storyline is really intriguing (and was pretty good in execution as well). Can’t help but feel they missed a trick there but given the low profile of adventure games if it does get on Steam on the new release list, it could give this title a second wind and plenty of new sales.

With all of Daedalic’s games on steam, you would of thought Grey Matter would of been an obvious choice. I think it has something to do with ‘Jane Jensen’ not even trying. Really Steam doesn’t just pick whatever game they want and sell it. Its all within the realm of developers having interest in selling on the platform and actually pursue.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Jane had no control over dtp’s marketing and distribution of Gray Matter. It’s quite possible dtp tried to put Gray Matter on Steam but was rejected.

Agustin Cordes (Scratches, Asylum) himself said in another thread that a Steam executive more or less told him flat out that adventures simply don’t sell well on Steam and aren’t attractive to them.

But do blame Jane Jensen for ‘not even trying’. That’s more rational.

p.s. - Kuru will be happy to read this post, as one like it was recently predicted! I might seem like I’m jumping on someone, but all I’m doing is debunking baseless assumptions with logic and reason.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Mister Ed - 19 September 2012 11:32 PM

Perhaps there is a matter of semantics tripping me up here.

I’m sending you a PM.

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

inm8#2 - 20 September 2012 03:00 AM

Jane had no control over dtp’s marketing and distribution of Gray Matter. It’s quite possible dtp tried to put Gray Matter on Steam but was rejected.

Agustin Cordes (Scratches, Asylum) himself said in another thread that a Steam executive more or less told him flat out that adventures simply don’t sell well on Steam and aren’t attractive to them.

But do blame Jane Jensen for ‘not even trying’. That’s more rational.

p.s. - Kuru will be happy to read this post, as one like it was recently predicted! I might seem like I’m jumping on someone, but all I’m doing is debunking baseless assumptions with logic and reason.

Of course I’d blame her, I didn’t know all the shit you pointed out. Good for you.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Monolith - 20 September 2012 02:12 PM

Of course I’d blame her, I didn’t know all the shit you pointed out. Good for you.

Y u so angry?

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

While you were all fighting I found about Rick Future, a new adventure that has never been mentioned on these boards: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93230269

Reperfection wasn’t discussed here either and has a really intriguing concept that’s definitely worth your attention. All available here for your perusal: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=96152495

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Agustín Cordes - 20 September 2012 02:55 PM

While you were all fighting I found about Rick Future, a new adventure that has never been mentioned on these boards: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93230269

Reperfection wasn’t discussed here either and has a really intriguing concept that’s definitely worth your attention. All available here for your perusal: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=96152495

Agustín, I’m growing concerned that you’re spending too much time browsing Greenlight and perhaps not enough on Asylum!

Tongue

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

inm8#2 - 20 September 2012 03:08 PM

Agustín, I’m growing concerned that you’re spending too much time browsing Greenlight and perhaps not enough on Asylum!

Tongue

For crying out loud, you people are worse than publishers!

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top