• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ads blocking content

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2006-12-12

PM

I went to read a review of Westmark Manor today, and your site has ads that block the content, and cannot be closed either.  Surely, you can make a better choice of ads, or at least have a way of closing them.  There were several paragraphs, scattered through the article, that I was unable to read.  I should mention that I was logged in when trying to read the article.

I am using Safari browser on an iPad.

I understand the need for advertising as a way of supporting the site, but a better choice of ad type, especially when logged in, would be a good idea.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Hi, David.

Thanks for letting us know. That absolutely should never happen, so we’ll look into it!

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Appreciate the report, as Jack mentioned this should absolutely not happen!

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2006-12-12

PM

Thank you, both of you, and I am glad that you’re looking into it.  I cannot say whether it’s strictly an iPad/Safari thing, since I haven’t tried checking on a desktop PC.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i have noticed this issue for a while too, but i think its is due to some ads moving down/up-ward while scrolling and not having a certain space on the page that is unaffected by scrolling. hope you are able to fix it without trouble.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Advie - 21 October 2021 02:16 PM

i have noticed this issue for a while too, but i think its is due to some ads moving down/up-ward while scrolling and not having a certain space on the page that is unaffected by scrolling. hope you are able to fix it without trouble.

I believe I have been able to resolve this now. Our partner that is facilitating the ads is also doing a full run through the site to address any weird behaviors.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Top top,  CaliMonk, thanks always! Thumbs Up

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its happening again boss

bandicam-2021-11-06-15-58-15-234

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Thanks, that is certainly… peculiar

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Ads on this site have become absolutely insane lately. Blocking everything. Trying to watch a trailer but I can’t because it’s covered by at least 3 ads. Trying to read posts in forums but ads pop up right in the middle of someone’s post. 6 ads on one page in the forums. It’s really bad. One of the worst ad infested sites I’ve seen for a long time.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Chase - 04 August 2022 03:36 PM

Ads on this site have become absolutely insane lately. Blocking everything. Trying to watch a trailer but I can’t because it’s covered by at least 3 ads. Trying to read posts in forums but ads pop up right in the middle of someone’s post. 6 ads on one page in the forums. It’s really bad. One of the worst ad infested sites I’ve seen for a long time.

I’ve noticed the same, and this is absolutely not what I’ve configured or told my advertising party to use. They’ve recently enabled this feature called “AI ads” that will figure out where to be placed themselves, I never wanted that to be enabled and now that I’ve figured out how to disable it, I’ve disabled those.

If you see any strange out of place ads that are popping up within content, please let me know so I can action those.

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

Everything looks fine now in the forums as far as I can see but ads are still blocking things on the home page etc. Like when I want to watch a trailer it’s covered with ads. I’m on mobile now though so don’t know what it looks like on pc and if it’s a mobile-only issue.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Thanks for reporting, will do further testing with Mobile!

Joined 2017-05-18

PM

CaliMonk - 11 August 2022 03:12 PM

Thanks for reporting, will do further testing with Mobile!

All good now. No ads out of place and I like the new look (on mobile at least). Much smoother than before.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Thanks, glad you like it! Doing what I can :-)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top