• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zane

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #2: Spider And Web

Total Posts: 7453

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Isn’t it ironical that I would have led everybody straight to the right location if I still participated, but now I’m not allowed to give a hint…

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

That is a hint in itself! Wink

Give them a bit longer. If they ask for a hint, you can give one.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Was looking in the previous pages. Just wondering what if we never took the package and it is in the ventillator near the gap?

Is it possible to open that one?

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Let’s take a look.

Corner At Doors (in dimness)
The hallway runs both east and south from here. There’s a featureless metal door to the west, which is closed; a more normal one stands closed to the north.

One of the ceiling panels is missing, leaving a rectangular gap above you.

>jump
You bend and leap. Your fingers brush the edge of the hole—catch, and you concentrate on holding on. Your feet swing gently a foot above the floor.

>open ventilator
You shift your weight to one hand and reach out—almost… you swing yourself desperately, kicking. Your fingers brush the grille. You claw at it, a wild swipe—and the grille flops open.

Inside, you can see your gun.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>get gun
>d
>kill them all w
>shoot guards

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Quite a clever little puzzle, that one. When you find out you’ve been lying, then you realize That isn’t important is a way of saying that is IS important. That’s why you didn’t want to draw the interrogator’s attention to the wiring closet or the vent.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>get gun
(with one hand, hanging by the other)
Taken.

You move your hands a bit, one at a time, to ease the strain.

>d
You drop lightly to the ground, flexing your fingers.

>e

Corridor Boundary (in dimness)
The corridor angles here, and crosses a boundary of some sort as it does. A few strides down the southeast branch, a dotted red line crosses the floor. You can retreat from the boundary to the west.

You’re about to run out of options—the intersection to the southeast is occupied. The guards there are not moving. They’re watching in both directions, with their backs to a closed metal door. They don’t seem to have seen you; you slide deeper into the shadows nonetheless.

>shoot guards
(with the gun)
You smile in the darkness.

Two of the guards are unconscious in as many heartbeats. You shift your gun, straining for a better target among the shadows, and fire again. A third figure jerks and collapses. Then pulses are raining up the corridor at you, and you flatten yourself into cover.

You freeze; there is movement up the corridor, to the west. It sounds like yet another group of guards, moving slowly but steadily in the darkness.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I can smell another death incoming.

>shoot guards again

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

What do you think this is, Doom? Smile

>shoot guards
Which do you mean, the footsteps to the west or the guards to the southeast?

>west
(with the gun)
You fire again into the shadows, in the direction of the guards.

The footsteps to the west hesitate. A pulse splashes on the wall in front of you.

Pulse-fire crackles off the wall behind you.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I knew there was a gun! Cool

Darn ceiling gap, totally threw me off. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>shoot guards se

Help with the shootout Tim, we are getting pinned down!  Confused

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>shoot guards to southeast
(with the gun)
You snap off another shot, and see another guard crumple in the southeast corridor.

You here a sharp whisper from the west: “There!” Pulse-fire crackles towards you, and this time its aim is precise.

*** You have failed ***

Would you like to RESTART, RESTORE a saved game, UNDO your last move, or QUIT?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>undo
>shoot guards w

If dead again

>undo
>z

Total Posts: 7453

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 14 September 2016 11:02 AM

Quite a clever little puzzle, that one. When you find out you’ve been lying, then you realize That isn’t important is a way of saying that is IS important. That’s why you didn’t want to draw the interrogator’s attention to the wiring closet or the vent.

...or the pedestal.

TimovieMan - 14 September 2016 11:28 AM

I knew there was a gun! Cool

Darn ceiling gap, totally threw me off. Tongue

You were so close!

I’d hoped to find our gun there, and that the entire “mystery package” was just a ruse to explain the blood trace on the side of the gap without having them look inside to see what you were really doing up there…

Oscar, do you agree now that it can’t be a plastic gun?

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>shoot guards west
(with the gun)
You fire again into the shadows, in the direction of the guards.

The footsteps to the west hesitate. You twist aside as shots crackle past you; they are trying to pin you down.

The hail of pulses is slowing.

Karlok - 14 September 2016 11:52 AM

Oscar, do you agree now that it can’t be a plastic gun?

Do you think the scan-web needs power to work though?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top