• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia: The World Before

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Veovis - 03 December 2023 08:39 AM

I agree with most of Baron_Bubba’s points re Syberia 4, but I didn’t mind most things he brings up as much. My main flaw was instead the borderline too melodramatic writing in parts. The allegory is of course obvious and it’s a kind of story that can’t be told too many times, but it had potential to hit even harder without the sometimes over the top sweet/romantic tone imo. But ultimately a very good game.

In agreement with the review score thing, as we have discussed in another thread recently. Also agree that this is a general problem. Reviews of games and other stuff on the internet and in podcasts too often sound more like sales pitches and noone seem to want to mention negatives in fear of hurting the developer/publisher.

Talking more about reviews of games, I definitely noticed that from major online institutions over the years, where you can tell they tow the line because they don’t want to lose media access to these developers and the games. but then a couple of weeks later their real opinions start leaking out.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

also back to the Barron’s point, I think review scores for all media is looked at weirdly. A 7 to 8 out of 10 is a good game, with more enjoyment than exacerbation. What I mean by that is there are very few games that are one or two’s and very few games that are 10s. A six for me means that I can see what the developers are going for but they struggle to get the point across in a fun way. But it seems in today’s landscapes, that we live in extremes, everything is either a 1 or a 10 and it’s crazy to me.

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Yeah, I don’t like and don’t understand the extrems nowadays. Grey areas are so interesting…

7 is a good game for me. I have enjoyed many games rated here with 3 stars.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top