• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The football (soccer) thread

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

subbi - 01 July 2014 04:01 AM

Well, all of these arguments kind of enforce that Van Basten’s 4-3-3 play was too risky, even when taking ridiculous referee decisions in the mix.

You were unlucky to be out of the tournament against Portugal. With a better referee and an actual football match, you would most likely have won.

At least back then, we had a fairly good defence and the results would have been better.

Doesn’t that mean that his 4-3-3 play was NOT as risky??? Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Swiss playing so defensive. Boring game.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Switzerland is playing much more boring than Greece, even…

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Switzerland is out with their crappy negative play. Good riddance Naughty

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Swiss was Iran ver 2.0 , defending till the end of time and eventually Messi did
what he does best.

Closest escape from Penalties.

Swiss were crying like anything.

Next match is boring but i hope USA wins, Belgium ain’t that favorite.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Switzerland was by far the better team in the first half (Shaqiri was brilliant). Argentina was better in the second half. Extra time were a bunch of dead-tired people. I would actually have liked penalties, if only for the extra excitement.

Let’s hope the Red Devils finally show what they’re capable of. With the exception of Van Buyten, it’s the strongest eleven (as in “most in form”) we’ve got.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Neither of the big two looked great going through. Argentina saved from penalties by the post in the last seconds.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

In the Argentina-Switzerland, another balanced match that ends up with the favourite team winning, same story all-around this round…

Great chance for Belgium in the first minute!

TimovieMan - 01 July 2014 06:55 AM

You were unlucky to be out of the tournament against Portugal. With a better referee and an actual football match, you would most likely have won.

I know this is a late but, what?!? Shifty Eyed

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

How can Belgium miss so many chances?

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 01 July 2014 05:34 PM

Tim Howard. Man of the match.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 01 July 2014 05:39 PM
wilco - 01 July 2014 05:34 PM

Tim Howard. Man of the match.

Yes, unbreakable! Joins Ochoa, Navas and M’Bolhi for another amazing keeper exhibition

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Good lord what a game! It goes back and forth for both teams. They’re running their legs off!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What a miss for USA!!!! Right at the end… Unbelievable

There it is… another overtime!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
How many f#!@ing chances do these f#!@ing guys need to make a f#!@ing goal??????????

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

One more now it’s 1-0 to Belgium.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top