• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Three songs, in the moment

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Baron bringing a shipment from slap city.

I like the second song the best. I find the third video both hilarious and worrying.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Sometimes I feel I post too much in this thread, but right now, I just feel like posting three songs that are meaningful to me right now.

...But Alive - Sie War Sie Ist Sie Bleibt

One of the songs of my childhood, not a band I was deeply invested in, but they appeared on my radar and this song struck a nerve. It recently came back to me, but I was too busy to really think why. It just resonated with me.

QUADRY featuring Nafets, Tevn, Love Mansuy
https://quadry1.bandcamp.com/track/wheres-the-indica-feat-nafets-tevn-love-mansuy

Got this album when it came out. I Found out about QUADRY in 2018 and was blown away.

For some reason, another German song that means something now and meant something to me before:

Reinhard Mey - Gute Nacht Freunde

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Luhr28 - 05 May 2021 07:26 PM

For Karlok:

Oh well…

For Luhr:

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

A couple of song shout outs to people on the boards:

zobraks: Frank Zander - Hier kommt Kurt

Luhr28: Pink Floyd - Welcome to the Machine

Lady Kestrel: Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze

When I heard the last song as a kid, I thought they sang blowing through the jazz wind in my mind. I thought they meant a woodwind. I imagined the character in the song just zoning out to a mental oboe/imaginary saxophone on the beach.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for that one, VP!  Misheard lyrics have probably happened to most of us.  In the 1950s I remember hearing Johnny Tillitson’s “Poetry in Motion” as “Oh a Tree in Motion.”

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

IMO it’s not a good idea to dedicate songs to posters who may not read this thread.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@Lady Kestrel: Grin yes it’s kind of beautiful, right? For a kid who wasn’t a native speaker, parser adventure games taught me to read and write, but (mostly US) pop music taught me to imagine stuff in English.

Though sometimes it was just weird. I remember the first time I heard the word baby in a schmaltzy love song and thought: that’s a weird way to speak to a baby.

@Karlok: if you’re mostly speaking for yourself, that’s cool. I think I did that once, sorry. If you mean as a general rule, that’s fine as well. I get people not wanting to be mentioned when they don’t participate in a thread.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

At the risk of being dubbed a necromancer of my own thread, I’d like to give it another spin. A bit more music on the forum might be nice!

Elephant Gym - Go Through the Night. The song samples “Two Moons” by another amazing band, toe. There is a bit of post-rock vibe but they really go full math-rock on this one.

Ka - Everybody Up. Ka is one of the greatest writers and lyricists in the English-speaking world.

SANTA SALUT - OASIS. This isn’t going to be for everyone. The clip depicts intimacy of bodies and is suggestive of a complicated relationship. The song itself features familiar elements of classic pop with modern, trap-influenced styles (like the synth hi-hat clickety rhythm).

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Luhr28 - 30 April 2021 08:44 PM

That’s a surprise! Everyone I’ve played her for has disliked her, ranging from annoyance to outright hatred. I always put it down to the musically talented young female prodigy syndrome, whom people resent somehow.

*That* is a surprise to me! Emilia Amper is awesome. I’ve been on a course with her - can recommend. Smile

(I have a lot of catching up to do in this tread. At a quick glance, I see a lot of music that I recognise and like, but also a lot that’s completely new to me!)

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I like Elephant Gym quite a bit, VP, although I don’t know the term full math as applied to rock.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Welcome Trumgottist!

@Lady Kestrel: yes it’s a bit of an odd moniker! Math rock is a genre that has it’s roots in progressive rock and (very general) indie music.

It’s a really interesting phenomenon, but I’m not sure if everyone shares this fascination with me. I got introduced to the genre through hardcore (punk), which isn’t as far removed as it sounds.

I’m glad you like the band! Smile

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Thanks for sharing! Is this Thom Yorke’s new band or some kind of Radiohead project?

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

‘The Smile’ is a new band with Thom Yorke, Jonny Greenwood (both Radiohead) and Tom Skinner (Sons of Kemet). ‘A Light for Attracting Attention’ is their first album. I like it.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top