• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkLittleRoseseagul

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Three songs, in the moment

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

three more slappers.

How did you come to listen to this stuff?

Total Posts: 320

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

What do you mean? Why I enjoy music?

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

You can answer the question as you please, but here’s what I meant:

Do you have any anecdotes about the songs? Is there stuff you’ve recently gotten into, or did some of these songs just came back to you for some reason?

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Interesting that you’re interested in this. I think music channels should be more about music and less about talking about music. Otherwise it’s a little bit like when someone introduces a new instrument and keeps on talking instead of just playing, so that you know how it sounds like. Anyway, it’s mostly a sample of what I enjoy ‘in the moment’ or is on my mind for some reason when I’m in the mood to post, often from SSD. Looking for a url for a specific song can trigger another version, a specific video or a different song as well. Be kind to me if the quality isn’t always the best but in the end a song is more important than its quality. I hope this answers your question.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

It’s a callback to the original idea of the thread, posting three songs you currently have on rotation or that’ve been on your mind lately. I don’t mind the thread becoming a more general music channel thread; I think the original idea has it’s charm, though.

But I think it’s even more a forum-thing. Places like this are more based on conversational exchange, a place to do pub quiz-like stuff, enjoy a joke or a discussion, maybe roll your eyes every once in a while. Cue The Cheers Theme..

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

I see. I don’t wanna talk about music. I prefer sharing music to some degree. Let me take a look. The last time the original idea worked was about four months ago before I posted. I mean, if you enjoy the silence ... I’m listening to mine anyway.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Sure, do you. Like I said, I don’t really mind if this thread became more like a regular music channel or thread. The original idea appeared past it’s longevity, that was fine as well.

The cool thing about the slightly outdated nature of a space like this, with all it’s design flaws features, is the buffer it provides to resist the solipsistic tendencies of social media and modern message boards. No system of likes and upvotes. A slower pace. Relating to peers as fellow community members, rather than an audience.

I don’t want to get too “deep” or in any way judgemental about it. Maybe it’s just a personal preference that I’m presenting as some sort of goal here. So, do you. Here’s three more songs on my part and then we’ll see where the thread goes.

(forward? sidewards? under?)

Here’s one for the future of reality: Erik Urano, Merca Bae - I+D

One for the past: The Weather Station - Endless Time

And one for our current epoch collapsing in on itself. Or is it never going to die?

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Then your callback was superfluous. I prefer good content, preferably on modern tech with reasonable settings. Systems are going down because the majority of people got too dumb, voting for dumb people, doing dumb stuff which only a tiny sick minority profits from. Many people don’t use their brains, care about their rights etc. anymore.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Having mentioned 3 albums by Jackie Leven elsewhere yesterday it seems appropriate to follow on from the thread title and post a track from each here. Certainly in the moment for me digitising them Smile
Firstly, from The Mystery Of Love Is Greater Than The Mystery Of Death, we have “Call Mother A Lonely Field”:

Next up from Forbidden Songs Of The Dying West we have Working Alone/A Blessing:

And, lastly, from Fairy Tales For Hard Men we have Fear Of Women:

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Wow. Jackie Leven eh? Never heard of him before but that’s some gorgeous songwriting there.

AKA Charo

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Charophycean - 17 June 2022 09:12 AM

Wow. Jackie Leven eh? Never heard of him before but that’s some gorgeous songwriting there.

For me he’s up there with England’s Richard Thompson, America’s Bob Dylan and Canada’s Leonard Cohen. He’s Scottish, from the Kingdom of Fife as he frequently declared.

Sadly died around 10 years ago but did see him in concert 3 or 4 times and he was really good.

Here’s an odd fact about him.

I think it was when he was fronting his band Doll By Doll that he was nearly murdered by one of the Dalai Llama’s bodyguards!  Gasp This was in Trafalgar Square in London and he came close to being throttled. The sad outcome of that was the upper range of his voice was damaged as was, thankfully to a much lesser extent, his general singing. Nice bloke all round as I managed to have a chat with him on a couple of occasions after gigs.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2022-05-09

PM

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Charophycean - 17 June 2022 09:12 AM

Seconded! The music came up in the strange album titles thread as well.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Vegetable Party - 17 June 2022 11:44 AM

Seconded! The music came up in the strange album titles thread as well.

Could be because I did both Smile

You kids! never heard of the man and there I am with 12 albums.
If you feel like a gamble there’s a good compilation of his stuff called “Straight Outta Caledonia” . I’m assuming that it’s available on CD as I buy vinyl every chance I get - which I did here.

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top