• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Pyoro-2

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #80: The Night of the Rabbit

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Ah!  I see what I did wrong.  I kept waiting for the monologue to end and wasn’t paying attention to the hatch status.  Thank you, Walas & Sefir!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just finished the game, and I’m so glad I was able to join this playthrough.  I really liked the puzzles in the final chapter, and the ending was just right with that neat twist.

Thank you so much for taking the lead on this, Sefir!  I appreciate all your work!  Thumbs Up

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Some memorable moments from the last chapter:

I kinda liked the crow as a character. It was almost a pity it didn’t follow us to the clearing of the First Tree. Very nice riddle with the recreation of the first act’s main puzzle.

Fun fact. Frogs jump. Toads do not, thus they cannot “squish” anything. They just move by pushing their body with their back feet.

Sign…..when a being with unmeasurable magical powers makes such a request for basically free, followed by the main villain screaming “NO, NO, NO!!”, you take that chance Jerry. That’s a given…..

Probably the scariest thing in the game was this version of the Guardian.

“He understood that he was able to change the dream. Because it was HIS dream”. Probably one of my favorite moments in the game.

The final battle.

Nothing is impossible. Again, I praise this specific design of the Marquis, that I find really interesting and kinda awesome.
Also, excellent demonstration of power from the Magician of Mousewood…..

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I thought I heard the sound of breaking glass at the end of that last scene, Sefir.  It may have been a setup for a possible sequel.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 November 2023 10:23 AM

I thought I heard the sound of breaking glass at the end of that last scene, Sefir.  It may have been a setup for a possible sequel.

I 100% missed that! It is almost certain that the Marquis found a way to escape then. Cool! Smile

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Nothing is impossible!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I replayed the ending from the credits screen, and there definitely is the sound of breaking glass a couple of beats into the blackout.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I believe this playthrrough has reached its end.

As a final note, I want to thank everyone that participated and I hope you all enjoyed playing this great game together as much as I did. It was a blast Smile

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I finally finished this game after a long RL break filled with work and many other things that suddenly needed to be taken care of all at once.

I think that this game is done in the most Daedalic way possible - over-concentration on visuals and audio (all splendid) and not quite hitting the mark when it comes to story and puzzles.

I have never felt like the stakes were high enough to be seriously invested into the story, courtesy of mundane fetch-quests galore that just kept breaking the build-up of all this magical wonder. I feel like there’s a time and place for all kind of tasks, and even fetch quests can be done correctly, but it’s a shame when I’m a part of an epic magical adventure and end up being a local go-getter for arbitrary tasks instead (for a large part of the game). There was some pretty cool moments where Jerry did come across magical creatures and such, but those end up being brief and easy, as oppose to rather convoluted routine ones.

The game did pick up towards the end, and I feel like it would have been tremendously better if it was this way from the beginning. I did enjoy the the cross-paths puzzle, but the final theater one was spoiled for me because of incessant talking of everyone on screen. Doing a single action prompted yet another dialogue exchange, and I just wanted a moment to be able to at least look at things without tons of talking to follow… With that being said, aside of shoehorning “the father” into the script, which didn’t work for me narrative-wise - too strong of a point too last minute, it was a fairly satisfying ending.

Brilliant, if a bit overindulgent, visuals and great soundscape and voice-work round up this game as a “not bad one that could have been so much better”.

This is nowhere near the level of “Edna and Harvey” games or (another one I forgot I really enjoyed - participating in a playhrough here, by the way) “Dark Eye: Memoria”, but I’m glad I played it - one more popular adventure scratched off the list. I can absolutely see the appeal of it, even if it didn’t necessarily put me under its spell.

Thank you for leading the playthrough, Sefir. You always do excellent, and I’m looking forward for more from you!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top