• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Abhi D.Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #74 - Still Life

Total Posts: 96

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

rtrooney - 22 September 2022 04:00 PM

but I can’t re-enter the elevator.

I had the same trouble.
I saved and quit, and when I started the game again, I could go into the elevator without any problem.

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well I obviously saved the game before I quit to write about my problem so half the solution was already applied. Imagine my delight when I loaded the game this afternoon and walked right into the elevator. Been wandering around a bit since then. Been back to dad’s house. Been back to the studio a few times. Been back to the campus a few times. Gained access to the private room at the Red Lantern. Inventory is growing a bit.

Question: When I talked to Claire at the studio murder site she mentioned that I should read the memoirs. Is she talking about the crime scene reports or something else? I don’t have anything in Documents that has the word “memoir” in it.

Currently back at Red Lantern to see if I can do something with the four statues. Got the info from Mia about one of them. Hope to play some more later today.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

rtrooney - 23 September 2022 02:59 PM

Well I obviously saved the game before I quit to write about my problem so half the solution was already applied. Imagine my delight when I loaded the game this afternoon and walked right into the elevator. Been wandering around a bit since then. Been back to dad’s house. Been back to the studio a few times. Been back to the campus a few times. Gained access to the private room at the Red Lantern. Inventory is growing a bit.

Question: When I talked to Claire at the studio murder site she mentioned that I should read the memoirs. Is she talking about the crime scene reports or something else? I don’t have anything in Documents that has the word “memoir” in it.

Currently back at Red Lantern to see if I can do something with the four statues. Got the info from Mia about one of them. Hope to play some more later today.

I dont remember Claire saying something about memoir but there is some info that will help you with the statues puzzle that you need to find.

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I somehow managed to do the slider puzzle on my own while i was sure i was gonna need a guide. It was the last puzzle of the chapter. I m at chapter 6 now. Chapter 5 was heavy on puzzles and some nice story. I m enjoying the game a lot and i dont actually find it harder than amerzone so far. Most of the puzzles are well designed with some few exceptions. I think i spent around 3 hours doing the 5th chapter, so it was longer than the previous.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Nico2021 - 23 September 2022 03:12 PM

I dont remember Claire saying something about memoir but there is some info that will help you with the statues puzzle that you need to find.

I think you are referring about the same thing I was when I said I received some information from Mia. One, there was the note under the photo in her album. The other was her describing the basic mechanic when she described how she was in charge of the temptation statue. I have an hour of free time to play tonight so hopefully I can finish the end of the chapter. You’ve talked about a slider puzzle, and I haven’t seen one yet, So, apparently it is the last puzzle in the chapter. And I will find it when/if I solve the statue puzzle. Wish me luck.

Edit: Side note: After talking with Mia, but before talking with Claire I took a short tour of the gallery’s paintings. I’m sure everyone else noticed that they were all signed MA. The only MA I know is Mark Ackerman, the painter in Prague. So how did Richard get ahold of them? Things are getting curiouser and curiouser.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Finished chapter 5. Idiot me on the slider puzzle. Forgot I had a piece of the puzzle in inventory. All I had to do was arrange the tiles so that the final piece would fitt. Rather brutal cut scene. I think we see Gus dispatching Mark. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1291

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I will be playing tonight.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Gasp! I may have been wrong when I said the Chapter 6 intro started with Gus beating the shit out of Ackerman. A thread lurker PM’d me to say that the beatee is/was actually police detective Scalnik. If that’s the case, Gus is in far worse shape. I can’t wait until next Wednesday.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1291

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I said “beating someone badly” Smile

And I couldn’t play yet…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

The chapter ended before I talked to Claire! Ihope that I can catch that up in the chapter after this one!
I did a lot of running around. It took me awhile before I noticed that the cursus at the entrance of the Red Lantern meant that I could actually (try to) get in :-)

Again: great story, great graphics.
The puzzle for the door took me a while, because I used the numbers of the painting of the sword instead of those of the dagger hanging on the wall.

Somehow I like slider puzzles :-) Unless they take me too long, but this one was ok.

I am really curious how the story will evolve! Is her boyfriend the murderer?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

sylv - 25 September 2022 04:42 AM

The chapter ended before I talked to Claire! I hope that I can catch that up in the chapter after this one!

Not sure that is possible. Unless you get a replay in the morgue. Not sure if the conversation was critical to finishing the game.

sylv - 25 September 2022 04:42 AM

I am really curious how the story will evolve! Is her boyfriend the murderer?

Not sure the relationship with “boyfriend” Richard has ever been established as fact.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

rtrooney - 25 September 2022 08:44 PM

Not sure that is possible. Unless you get a replay in the morgue. Not sure if the conversation was critical to finishing the game.

Hmmm, maybe I’ll do a replay from a previous reload then…

Not sure the relationship with “boyfriend” Richard has ever been established as fact.

Yes, I agree, he is insisiting, but she is not very willing, as I see it :-)
(I am very bad with names, so “boyfriend” was a trick not having to look up the name of Richard).

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

sylv - 26 September 2022 01:58 AM

Hmmm, maybe I’ll do a replay from a previous reload then…

If you decide to do this ... After Mia gives you the keys, exit the Gallery and go to your left and enter the studio area and talk to Claire. See if, during the conversation, she tells you to look at the memoirs. I think she did. Someone else didn’t remember that. No right or wrong here. Just if she did tell you to read the memoirs, I’m at a loss as to what that refers to.

Don’t worry about the name thing. I can’t keep the two police guys straight. Or the two brothers. Or the names of any of the girls other than Ida. So I use things like the “uniformed cop” or “girl in the red dress.”

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2017-12-26

PM

Total Posts: 5844

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Nico2021 - 22 September 2022 01:04 PM

This chapter has some nice locations. Its heavy on puzzles. Managed to go through some and i m stuck at a slider puzzle atm……..Certainly the hardest of the chapters so far.

Yes, I also found it the hardest of the chapters so far….but also the most intriguing.

I needed a bit of a nudge with some of the puzzles – the slider was no problem except I failed to notice that I needed to use the piece that I hadn’t noticed I’d picked up! (Some of the sliders I’ve come across are completed with an empty slot)

I did actually finish this chapter last week but after reading the comments I realised that I had missed a few details.

I’ve just played through it again this morning & found on paying more attention it seemed to flow so much better!

rtrooney - 22 September 2022 04:00 PM

………. I can’t re-enter the elevator. Victoria as stuck in “walking mode.” She’s standing/walking on the platform in front of the elevator door……

I experienced the same glitch twice. When I played last week I reloaded the save but just now I persisted on clicking until Victoria moved.

Nico2021 - 22 September 2022 05:00 PM

……..i had forgotten the initial info that the game gave me and couldnt check again.

rtrooney - 23 September 2022 02:59 PM

I don’t recall Claire mentioning that to me but I did find it’s quite easy to overlook reading new info. I’m not sure that there is any info that you get that you can’t check on again?

I found myself having to remember to check documents for new items. Also, the journal contains useful observations (the memoirs perhaps?) as well as a recap of conversations.
I wonder if the game prompts you if you fail to keep up with the reading?

Nico2021 - 23 September 2022 03:34 PM

Most of the puzzles are well designed with some few exceptions.

Yes. I don’t mind a bit of moon logic though if it makes sense in some off-the-wall way but how can a paper cutter be used to remove a photo (Stephanie’s) from an ID card by trimming the sides? Gasp

sylv - 26 September 2022 01:58 AM

Yes, I agree, he is insisting, but she is not very willing, as I see it :-)
(I am very bad with names, so “boyfriend” was a trick not having to look up the name of Richard).

Victoria asks Richard to take care of her after Mia’s shock at seeing her dead friend at the studio. I didn’t see any indication that Richard & Mia had a relationship & it seems very unlikely anyway as despite what Mia does to earn money her manner towards Victoria was quite flirty I thought so unless she bats both ways…...

rtrooney - 23 September 2022 06:42 PM

I took a short tour of the gallery’s paintings. I’m sure everyone else noticed that they were all signed MA. The only MA I know is Mark Ackerman, the painter in Prague. So how did Richard get ahold of them? Things are getting curiouser and curiouser

Yes, very curious as also Mark Ackerman is listed on the VIP guest list for the special club in modern day Chicago
Another person on that list is Victoria’s boss. I did wonder if he was involved though when he suddenly interrupted Vaclav’s interrogation when he mentioned the special room.

I’m looking forward to the next chapter!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top