• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyJdawg445Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which adventure game character’s line is it anyway?

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

It is not. I’ll also clarify that it’s character dialogue, not narration.

Former AG staff writer Will Aickman

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

3 Skulls of the Toltecs? oops!

rtrooney - 18 May 2021 08:41 PM

It’s a personal opinion that likely won’t be shared by many, but I wonder if the forum needs another “stump the audience” type thread. There are many that bit the dust. The only one that survives is the adventure game scene. And I wonder if it hasn’t lived it’s useful life. It has turned into a trivia contest. I.e. Find an obscure game that almost nobody has ever heard of. Grab a screenshot from the most insignificant event. Crop it to make it unrecognizable in the context of the game. Post it and wait for the search engines to kick in.

What’s wrong with fun threads that bite the dust after a while. The old quote thread was quite popular and people are obviously interested in a revival. And it’s not like the Curse of Monkey Island is an obscure game. Smile I don’t find the AGS thread very appealing anymore, but I still contribute every now and then and I wouldn’t call it a trivia contest. IMO the staggering number of indie adventure games these days that nobody can keep up with is largely to blame.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It’s a personal opinion that likely won’t be shared by many, but I wonder if the forum needs another “stump the audience” type thread. There are many that bit the dust. The only one that survives is the adventure game scene. And I wonder if it hasn’t lived it’s useful life. It has turned into a trivia contest. I.e. Find an obscure game that almost nobody has ever heard of. Grab a screenshot from the most insignificant event. Crop it to make it unrecognizable in the context of the game. Post it and wait for the search engines to kick in.

Sorry Tim, I’m one of the people that disagree. It has proved & continues to be (to me) fun and useful. There’s a lot of games, new & old, that I have been alerted to via the thread which I wouldn’t have known about otherwise, or at least their artwork, so think that it has a lot of life in it yet.
NB the character’s line idea is great! Thumbs Up  But harder? I thought the first one with the rabbit might have been Gray matter which turned out to be completely wrong!  Cry

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Wait!

Is this the dusty dude in the desert from..

“King’s Quest VII: The Princeless Bride”?

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

Vegetable Party - 20 May 2021 12:21 PM

Wait!

None other than Colin Farwalker…the great adventurer.

All yours, VP.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Every time I try to think of a line, this piece of work pushes away every other bit of inspiration I might have. I’ll try to quote around the most obvious parts, but I’m not going to deliver a head-scratcher just yet..

“That’s the last sensation I had, before I blacked out: the thick smell of asphalt. And the first thing I saw when I woke up was her face. “

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Full Throttle, baby! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Whenever I smell asphalt, I think of Maureen. That’s the last sensation I had, before I blacked out: the thick smell of asphalt. And the first thing I saw when I woke up was her face. She said she’d fix my bike. Free. No strings attached. I should have known then that things are never that simple. Yeah, when I think of Maureen I think of two things: asphalt… and trouble.

Correct, TimovieMan, take it away!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Alrighty then:

“He’s very tall. Or I’m very small. I wish I didn’t keep thinking of the term ‘Bite-size’. Please be friendly. I hope you’re friendly. I’m certainly friendly. Let’s all be friends.”

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

“Bite-sized” - that’s Boston Low from the game that should’ve won the CPT voting long time ago: The Dig!

PC means personal computer

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Correct, of course!

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Cicerone53 - 20 May 2021 08:50 PM
Vegetable Party - 20 May 2021 12:21 PM

Wait!

None other than Colin Farwalker…the great adventurer.

All yours, VP.

Haven’t played KQ VII in a loooooooong time, but as a kid I thought this dude was the coolest. He was heroic and tragic and scary all at the same time. Man, I gotta play this game again…it is next on my KQ series play through list, so what’s stopping me? Oh yeah, a bazillion other great games.

Edit: Can’t believe I was too busy wasting my time doing mature responsible work related things to miss the Full Throttle one. I could recognize that quote from a hundred highway miles away.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Ok, here’s a memorable line:

I’ll make it a rule never to look at French food: sometimes it looks back.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

Doom - 21 May 2021 05:25 PM

Ok, here’s a memorable line:

I’ll make it a rule never to look at French food: sometimes it looks back.

Is that George in Broken Sword 1?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 20 May 2021 08:08 AM

Sorry Tim, I’m one of the people that disagree. It has proved & continues to be (to me) fun and useful. There’s a lot of games, new & old, that I have been alerted to via the thread which I wouldn’t have known about otherwise, or at least their artwork, so think that it has a lot of life in it yet.
NB the character’s line idea is great! Thumbs Up  But harder? I thought the first one with the rabbit might have been Gray matter which turned out to be completely wrong!  Cry

As I said it is my opinion, and didn’t think everyone would share it. It’s been done before, and died a natural death. Hope the re-incarnation works.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top