• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #30: Discworld

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Ah, I forgot about that.  Thanks, Dag!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

No problem Smile

I was wondering whether it was possible to leave it behind in “yesterday” and come to a dead end.

I know there is atleast one dead end in the final chapter, which I ran into the first time playing the game (something about using an item in the wrong place beforehand, and then not having it when you need it) and I was stupid enough to have only one save game which I overwrote each time I saved, so when I met the dead end, there was nothing to do but start all over from the beginning Confused (which I didnt’t very much feel like doing) Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Well, I have the moustache and am now on a quest for poor Polly.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Dag - 12 December 2014 06:49 PM

Not the first pixelhunt that has had me stumped this time around. Tongue

Wait until we have to find the spell.

Together with the scissors, they’re the worst pixel hunts in the game. I only found the scissors through persistence, and I only found the spell accidentally (well, when moving the cursor I noticed a hotspot name pop up where there hadn’t been one before, and it STILL took me some time to relocate the exact pixel where it was)...

Anyway, update: I have the moustache and I’m going after the birth mark.

Sefir’s hints are ringing a lot of bells, though. I’m remembering quite a few puzzles in this section which is surprising since I practically didn’t remember anything from Act II…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 13 December 2014 10:46 PM

...I peeked at a walkthrough…

Frown

We are all here to help whenever anyone gets stuck….

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

TimovieMan - 14 December 2014 07:36 PM
Dag - 12 December 2014 06:49 PM

Not the first pixelhunt that has had me stumped this time around. Tongue

Wait until we have to find the spell.

Together with the scissors, they’re the worst pixel hunts in the game. I only found the scissors through persistence

I actually never saw the actual scissors, but I saw the text when hovering the cursor over where the scissors apparently were. Reminded me of that monkey wrench pixel hunt in Innocent Until Caught, where it had the same color as the background, and no visible outline Tongue

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There’s also a rod on the floor in The Dig that’s nearly impossible to find unless you pass your cursor over it by mistake. 

Don’t be sad, Sefir.  In the end, the walkthrough didn’t help me get the knife, but Dag did. Smile

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 December 2014 12:58 PM

Don’t be sad, Sefir.  In the end, the walkthrough didn’t help me get the knife, but Dag did. Smile

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. No need to consult in walkthroughs…

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, I for one am finding the hints we’re getting here to be invaluable.

I just have to think “how can I twist these words so that they might apply to the game?”. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 15 December 2014 03:06 PM

Well, I for one am finding the hints we’re getting here to be invaluable.

I just have to think “how can I twist these words so that they might apply to the game?”. Tongue

I’m not sure that was the point of them, but….well…whatever suits you! Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Sefir - 15 December 2014 03:31 PM

I’m not sure that was the point of them, but….well…whatever suits you! Smile

Well, quite a few of them were rather vague and cryptic… Wink

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I *almost* asked how on earth disc I was going to get into the palace yet again (after having wasted my ink blots in Act II and after already having used the leaches here)...
Then I remembered the bag that held the leaches to try again, but alas, there were no leaches in it any more. Fortunately the empty paper bag worked as well! Yay! Cool

And btw, I now have the birth mark. All I need now is a sword that goes ‘ting’. Tongue

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 15 December 2014 07:00 PM

btw, I now have the birth mark. All I need now is a sword. Tongue

Congrats! Wait until tomorrow for the rest of the pack! Smile

And BTW isn’t it funny that almost the exact model was used for the palace guards both in Discworld and Discworld Noir?

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Got the birthmark! Quite a few tricky steps to getting there, and once again Sefirs tips proved invaluable.

I got stuck for quite a while because, for some reason, the starch was no longer in my inventory, and I didn’t notice it was gone at first. I know for sure I had picked it up before, but it must’ve escaped and went back to the closet. I guess it wasn’t ready to come out Tongue

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m still working on it!  I got Polly, although at first I thought I killed the poor thing, and now I have to go back for the whistle.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top