• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I usually refer to it as KQ2015 or New-KQ.

Bt

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar - 18 April 2016 02:54 PM

Oh well. I’m just going to keep calling it King’s Quest 9.

you might wanna call KQX then if you are taking count for Phoenix The Silver Lining,
or KQVIII if you wanna exclude Mask of Eternity.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

New GK will also not be called GK4 if it would target new comers too.

Total Posts: 229

Joined 2006-03-25

PM

I finally got around to playing the new KQ after being so excited. I’m trying really hard to be positive, the production value and art direction is gorgeous. But it’s SO SO SO casual. There hasn’t been a single moment of even decent adventure game challenge yet. The existence of the inventory system and “puzzles” feels more like a formality than an actual tool for lateral thinking and problem solving. There is virtually zero uncertainty about what to do, there are so few items and so few targets and everything is signaled and outlined for you before you even start to think.

It also feels more like a Telltale “comedy” game than an old King’s Quest game in terms of vibe. KQ was always silly but it wasn’t just a linear story. Where are all the nursery rhymes and fairy tale references? The canon and mythos of the world seems to be gone. I’m just holding on to the beauty of the forest and stuff, but I’m not recognizing Daventry as an old fan.

:*(

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

RockNFknRoll - 25 April 2016 03:03 PM

I finally got around to playing the new KQ after being so excited. I’m trying really hard to be positive, the production value and art direction is gorgeous. But it’s SO SO SO casual. There hasn’t been a single moment of even decent adventure game challenge yet. The existence of the inventory system and “puzzles” feels more like a formality than an actual tool for lateral thinking and problem solving. There is virtually zero uncertainty about what to do, there are so few items and so few targets and everything is signaled and outlined for you before you even start to think.

It also feels more like a Telltale “comedy” game than an old King’s Quest game in terms of vibe. KQ was always silly but it wasn’t just a linear story. Where are all the nursery rhymes and fairy tale references? The canon and mythos of the world seems to be gone. I’m just holding on to the beauty of the forest and stuff, but I’m not recognizing Daventry as an old fan.

:*(

Whisper can do it.
Charm here has different stroke, but i get ya.
Only disagree with telltale comedy game.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its coming tomorrow, whos ‘climbing’ in?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Is tomorrow the last chapter? I’ll probably pick it up when it’s complete.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

No, it’s chapter 3 (of 5).

(Personally, I’m not sure when I’ll play the new episode. I have a psychotic bear to finish dealing with first.)

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Yay, new chapter! I’ll be playing this week.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Waiting on series to finish first.
Dreamfall still not done yet?
Episodic curse continues.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-06-30

PM

Is the Trailer for Chapter 3 out yet ?

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2016-01-21

PM

daleks13 - 25 April 2016 08:54 PM

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-06-30

PM

GrahamDaventry - 25 April 2016 09:41 PM
daleks13 - 25 April 2016 08:54 PM

That’s the original King’s Quest 3 not chapter 3 .

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 25 April 2016 07:32 PM

Waiting on series to finish first.
Dreamfall still not done yet?
Episodic curse continues.

This is at least the wait is more bearable since the episodes are self-contained.

The game does not seem to be doing that well is sales, unless the console numbers are high. I compare it to Life is Strange that with each new episode there were more people talking about it and in here it just seems to be going under the radar. Doesn’t seem like there’s a big push by Activision also. I hope this doesn’t reflect in the last 3 episodes quality and it does take off when it’s done.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 26 April 2016 06:50 AM

The game does not seem to be doing that well is sales, unless the console numbers are high.

Yeah, steamspy reports 1.2 million owners for Life is Strange, versus 90,000 for King’s Quest. Obviously, LiS was in several big sales, which I don’t think KQ was, but still, I don’t think the game did great, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the episodes kept getting smaller and less ambitious.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top