• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

AbnaxusLittleRosewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What’s inside the box?  (guessing game)

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Is the main character a reporter?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 October 2016 12:58 AM

Is the main character a reporter?

No.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Is it a 3rd person game?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 October 2016 01:07 AM

Is it a 3rd person game?

Yes.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 15 October 2016 12:52 AM

Frankly, the only rule in this game should be “ask binary yes/no questions”.

interesting

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Advie - 14 October 2016 07:02 PM

let me say i came with after thinking about this issue.

-if someone is so sure about his answer upon the keyword only and doesn’t want to provide a question that eventually could l help thru the process of discovering the title being dealt with, it’s accepted under the circumstance that he/she is barred from continuing playing the current round if his/her guess was wrong.

If they got it wrong, it’s no big deal, though. The frustrating thing is if people have spent a long time asking questions and the answer is finally clear - and then someone who hasn’t been taking part up to that point jumps in just to win it.

That’s just obnoxious behaviour. If you’ve been offline and come back to find you can guess the answer straight away, ask a question to confirm before putting a guess in - if someone who’s actually contributed to finding the answer gets there in the meantime, it seems fairer for them to have it anyway. If not, you get it without being inconsiderate and you have the private satisfaction of knowing you guessed it with the clue that were already there.

I can appreciate the jackpot thing - but joining the race just to cross the finish line is rude.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Right, rant over.
Does the game involve hostages?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Phlebas - 15 October 2016 02:52 AM

The frustrating thing is if people have spent a long time asking questions and the answer is finally clear - and then someone who hasn’t been taking part up to that point jumps in just to win it.

And how many times has this happened in this 150+ page thread?

If enforced, how long should the others wait before giving the answer if you’ve made it obvious what it is but you’re not online anymore? And if someone started with “is it 3rd person?” and then doesn’t post for 4 days except to give the answer once it’s clear, it’s ok for him?

This all feels like wanting to add rules for the sake of adding rules. If you deduced it to the point of asking a final give-away question to confirm your thoughts, why not just guess at it instead? You can’t know in advance when the “box owner” is going to be online to answer your question, and once he/she does answer, nobody knows in advance when the one who did “all the legwork” is going to return.

Frankly, if I did all the legwork, and it gets nabbed right in front of me, then really, I should’ve been a bit faster. Bring on the next one so I have another shot…

Phlebas - 15 October 2016 02:53 AM

No.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 15 October 2016 04:50 AM

5 times, but i didnt wanna ban any of them
Innocent

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

TimovieMan - 15 October 2016 04:50 AM
Phlebas - 15 October 2016 02:52 AM

The frustrating thing is if people have spent a long time asking questions and the answer is finally clear - and then someone who hasn’t been taking part up to that point jumps in just to win it.

If enforced, how long should the others wait before giving the answer if you’ve made it obvious what it is but you’re not online anymore? And if someone started with “is it 3rd person?” and then doesn’t post for 4 days except to give the answer once it’s clear, it’s ok for him?

This all feels like wanting to add rules for the sake of adding rules. If you deduced it to the point of asking a final give-away question to confirm your thoughts, why not just guess at it instead? You can’t know in advance when the “box owner” is going to be online to answer your question, and once he/she does answer, nobody knows in advance when the one who did “all the legwork” is going to return.

Frankly, if I did all the legwork, and it gets nabbed right in front of me, then really, I should’ve been a bit faster. Bring on the next one so I have another shot…

Phlebas - 15 October 2016 02:53 AM

No.

Honestly, I agree with most of what you say.

But I honor the rules laid upon me by the gamemaster.
I think it’s up to Advie to modify the rules.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Is this a detective story?

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Is it a PC game?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 15 October 2016 10:03 AM

Is this a detective story?

No.

chrissie - 15 October 2016 11:03 AM

Is it a PC game?

Yes.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Was it released after year 2000?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 15 October 2016 03:24 PM

Was it released after year 2000?

No.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top