• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Saying that though…how many games have they released now that have kind of landed with a thud? Meh

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t oppose these remasters/rereleases, it’s nice to be able to play classics in new hardware since backwards compatibility is dead. What I don’t like is the pricing they are doing. Last gen had some nice collections (ICO/SoC; Ratchet Trilogy, etc) and they cost 20/30€ at release.
Now we have these scummy “remasters” where something like DmC or Saints Row 4 cost 40/50€... Games that I got the same “remastered” edition from Steam for 5/10€ a year ago. I hope Sony is not thinking of pushing a GoW3 remaster as a new release…

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I have no problem of releasing some of the PS2 games on the PS3 as a collection (like Ico/Shadow of the Colossus, or Ratchet and Clank) because the jump from PS2 to the HD graphics in PS3 was huge, but God of War 3 already looked really good on the PS3, and it is not that old.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 20 March 2015 02:56 PM

F**king make new games for my nice shiny console and stop just remaking prior year games.

Doesn’t matter if new games are gonna be discredited by your Benchmark reviewers and you will eventually follow their lead.
Nullifies your point.

Nielsen reports show that there are plenty of users of PS4 who previously owned only Wii
and X360, so there are plenty of gamers who are unaware or haven’t played PS3 gems,
like gow3 and Lastofus.

And yes i really enjoyed REmake HD remaster, enjoying Type0 HD and will surely enjoy
GF Remake, viva la revolucion!

wilco - 20 March 2015 03:33 PM
Tad - 20 March 2015 03:26 PM

Hear, hear!

I wouldn’t mind so much if they were remasters/reboots of truly old games, but GOW3? Seriously…

Specially because GoW3 already looked amazing and this doesn’t look much of an upgrade… At least put all 6 GoW games in box and release for PS4. What a waste…

Just like there are gamers who buy game after reading reviews, there are some who make
impulse purchases of known franchises, they hardly care for anything but killing their boredom. i know PS4 players who are not buying anything but enjoying monthly PSN+ free games, i mean, comeon.
Again according to Nielsen research, most of the people didnt buy PS4 for Games or exclusives. It was different reason.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

nomadsoul - 21 March 2015 04:33 PM
Lucien21 - 20 March 2015 02:56 PM

F**king make new games for my nice shiny console and stop just remaking prior year games.

Doesn’t matter if new games are gonna be discredited by your Benchmark reviewers and you will eventually follow their lead.
Nullifies your point.

Not sure what you mean by that. If it is some shot at me for The Order 1886, then I should amend my statement to “F**king make good new games that last longer than 5 hours”

I’ve nothing against remasters as a concept it’s just getting a bit much this gen. I’ve already played Tomb Raider and the Remaster, The Last of Us and the remaster and the Grim Fandango remaster.

My last two finished games are remasters so I want something new.

Just as well Shadows of Mordor is taking all my time at the moment and it rocks.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 21 March 2015 04:59 PM

1.Not sure what you mean by that. If it is some shot at me for The Order 1886, then I should amend my statement to “F**king make good new games that last longer than 5 hours”

2.I’ve nothing against remasters as a concept it’s just getting a bit much this gen. I’ve already played Tomb Raider and the Remaster, The Last of Us and the remaster and the Grim Fandango remaster.

1.Good, you have audacity to amend.  Thumbs Up
2. You playing Mordor now??
Well wait for 2 months and you will eventually get Order at 30 to 40$ range at your rate. Good for 5 hrs i guess.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

More remasters!
Devil May Cry 4 (I’m actually interested in this one but… after a price drop)

Batman Arkham Asylum and City (where is Origins?!?)
And Arkham Knight delayed a few weeks
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-23-batman-arkham-knight-delayed-by-a-few-weeks

Arkham Knight gameplay:

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Sweet jesus…is there anymore left to make? Bioshock?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I would be surprised if there isn’t a remaster of Bioshock at this point.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Splatoon Singleplayer looks fun.

DA:Inquisition DLC announced.

wilco - 23 March 2015 01:21 PM

More remasters!

More hyped for this than Arkham Knight, AK combat looks comedy gold after Bloodborne,
thinking of renting AK, since i am only interested in story.

And Trish/Lady as playable characters make it more than Remaster.
Its really a Special Edition.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Tad - 23 March 2015 02:15 PM

If it looked like this

then Hell yes..

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 23 March 2015 01:21 PM

More remasters!

Batman Arkham Asylum and City (where is Origins?!?)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz *snore*

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

They can always do remakes of the remakes, since obviously making new games doesn’t seem a priority.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 March 2015 06:15 PM

They can always do remakes of the remakes, since obviously making new games doesn’t seem a priority.

Resident Evil remake HD remaster is already out Smile

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

H1z1 sold million copies on steam. I wonder if Sony wishes they can take them back.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top