• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016. Delaystation strikes again…

Another Xmas without big exclusives from Sony?!?

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I wonder if the lukewarm reception of their other exclusives have played apart in this as well as general delays.

Also, Sega and Game Freak have announced Tembo, The badass elephant: blogs.sega.com/2015/03/11/grandmaster-trunk-sega-game-freak-announce-tembo-the-badass-elephant

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 11 March 2015 11:57 AM

I wonder if the lukewarm reception of their other exclusives have played apart in this as well as general delays.

Also, Sega and Game Freak have announced Tembo, The badass elephant: blogs.sega.com/2015/03/11/grandmaster-trunk-sega-game-freak-announce-tembo-the-badass-elephant

Yeah, i don’t think they can really have this game with a bad reception now, might as well delay it if it’s not done.

That Tembo game looks like Metal Slug. Cool to see Game Freak working on something other than Pokemon

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah. The art work is pretty good too. It’s like a fine art comic with 3D. Smile

Just found this hands on by IGN: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/03/11/pokemon-devs-swap-cute-for-carnage-with-new-game

Sounds really good.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 11 March 2015 01:12 PM
Tad - 11 March 2015 11:57 AM

Yeah, i don’t think they can really have this game with a bad reception now, might as well delay it if it’s not done.

That Tembo game looks like Metal Slug. Cool to see Game Freak working on something other than Pokemon

Writing was on the wall when Amyhenig left the project , after Tearaway and Untilldawn, no game for fall will hurt Potential sales, huge opportunity for ms and ninty with Halo5, Zelda, TR etc. 250$ bundles incoming.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Sony is really dropping the ball with their software releases, after the PS4 has been in the market. People are getting tired of all the promise and the lack of delivery. Their dominant lead right now is due to the future promise of the console, and the missteps of the competition before release, but if they keep this up, MS and Nintendo will sure catch up.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

wilco - 11 March 2015 09:09 AM

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016. Delaystation strikes again…

Another Xmas without big exclusives from Sony?!?

With Quantum Break also delayed it looks like neither console will have a big holiday exclusive (unless something is announced at E3)

It could however be the Xbones, chance to get Tomb Raider out before Xmas

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 11 March 2015 04:16 PM

Sony is really dropping the ball with their software releases, after the PS4 has been in the market. People are getting tired of all the promise and the lack of delivery. Their dominant lead right now is due to the future promise of the console, and the missteps of the competition before release, but if they keep this up, MS and Nintendo will sure catch up.

1)Well potential game of the generation is right this month (For hardcore gamers Wink).
2)M$ selling console at brutal discounts is not necessarily a good thing, esp
when sales lead normalizes in following months, it will happen again in Spring 2016.
3)There is another game of the generation called No Man’s Sky Wink slated for 2015,
Sony can fit it right in the fall.
4)3rd party games are still good enough for PS4, with MGS5 and other Fall usual suspects,
PS4 will keep on selling i believe.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 11 March 2015 05:10 PM

1)Well potential game of the generation is right this month (For hardcore gamers Wink).
when sales lead normalizes in following months, it will happen again in Spring 2016.
3)There is another game of the generation called No Man’s Sky Wink slated for 2015,
4)3rd party games are still good enough for PS4, with MGS5 and other Fall usual suspects,

No Man’s Sky looks far from done, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it slips to 2016 also. I’m also wary about its fun factor, because all we have seen so far is how many beautiful worlds to visit, but not too much emphasis on the gameplay. Also it is available for the PC too (not sure if it will come to PC after PS4 or at the same time). Microsoft is sitting very well for Holiday 2015, with Tomb Raider uncontested. Lots of people who want their Uncharted fix might go to the XBOX one to play TR.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 11 March 2015 06:12 PM
nomadsoul - 11 March 2015 05:10 PM

No Man’s Sky looks far from done, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it slips to 2016 also. I’m also wary about its fun factor, because all we have seen so far is how many beautiful worlds to visit, but not too much emphasis on the gameplay. Also it is available for the PC too (not sure if it will come to PC after PS4 or at the same time). Microsoft is sitting very well for Holiday 2015, with Tomb Raider uncontested. Lots of people who want their Uncharted fix might go to the XBOX one to play TR.

NMS PC later, PS4 slated for this year fall.
There is only one replacement for UC fix and thats UC by Naughtydog.
TR is not even much of a sales giant on one console than Halo5.
M$ won last holidays too, but still lagging behind.

Lets see how this pans out.

Edit:

PSN page says March end next year for UC4.
1 year , blame it on Order, ND realized their game will look last gen against Order Tongue

The Order (February)
Bloodborne (March)
MLB (March)
Until Dawn (Summer)
Tearaway (Summer)
Persona 5 (Likely fall)
Ratchet and Clank (Probably holiday)

With Rime, Rapture, Tommorow’s Children somewhere in between.

Still better exclusives than XB.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Xbone has a pretty big exclusive for the fall - Halo 5 - at least in USA. Don’t know if rest of world will care.

I don’t think Tomb Raider will benefit a lot out of this. i don’t think anybody interested in Uncharted4 will get a Xbone to play tomb raider instead of waiting for Spring. The delay would benefit SE a lot if it wasn’t exclusive and released on PS4 this fall. A lot more people with the console wold get eith Uncharted being delayed.

Lets see if Sony will bust out an exclusive for this Fall at E3.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 11 March 2015 06:28 PM

The Order (February)
Bloodborne (March)
MLB (March)
Until Dawn (Summer)
Tearaway (Summer)
Persona 5 (Likely fall)

Still better exclusives than XB.

The Order didn’t get good reviews by journalists unfortunately although you guys rave about it. I’m still going to play it, but maybe when it’s on sale. Bloodborne looks ace, but it’s personally not my cup of tea because I suck bad at Dark Souls. I’m sure the hardest core will love it though. Until Dawn looks like Telltale/Quantic Dream games.

Tearaway/Ratchet and Clank are ports of old games, and Persona 5 is going to be amazing, but like Bloodborne it has more of a niche following. Rapture won’t be out this year I guarantee it, and we have seen nothing from Rime, so it probably will miss this year too. Not sure where Tommorow’s Children is in terms of development.

MS has Halo 5, which as you know, is a mega franchise that sells consoles. Tomb Raider is definitely huge, especially after the great press the last one got, and it might make some PS4 owners buy an XBOX one I believe. The new Fable is looking like shit from the demo I played at E3, and they are being smart making it free to play, because I would not pay a single cent for it. If Scalebound comes out this year, I think it’s going to be amazing. Platinum games are at the top of their game right now after they just released the critically acclaimed Bayonetta 2. And let’s not forget Forza which is always solid. MS will also announce the new Gears this year at E3 I think, another big franchise that will excite the fanbase. MS is looking good for this holliday season and if I were Sony, I would be scrambling to get a big exclusive out.

Edit: I take back what I said about Rapture. http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/02/11/everybodys-gone-rapture-alpha-back-half-development-begins/ Wow I didn’t know they were in Alpha. Last I heard, they had so much work still.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

nomadsoul - 11 March 2015 06:28 PM

The Order (February)
Bloodborne (March)
MLB (March)
Until Dawn (Summer)
Tearaway (Summer)
Persona 5 (Likely fall)

Aside from the separate last three (of which I don’t really know that much but at least some look interesting), none of those games interest me in the slightest. What does XBox have this year other than Halo?

(Edit): Looking at some uncomprehensive lists, looks like XBox is deffo more interesting this year, though neither of them still has that many outstanding games coming out. Aside from indies where there are many interesting ones but many of them also multiplatform, XBox has one or two big games to look out for, PS4 has none (as far as I could see).

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 12 March 2015 12:44 AM

The Order didn’t get good reviews by journalists unfortunately although you guys rave about it. I’m still going to play it, but maybe when it’s on sale. Bloodborne looks ace, but it’s personally not my cup of tea because I suck bad at Dark Souls. I’m sure the hardest core will love it though. Until Dawn looks like Telltale/Quantic Dream games.

Tearaway/Ratchet and Clank are ports of old games, and Persona 5 is going to be amazing, but like Bloodborne it has more of a niche following. Rapture won’t be out this year I guarantee it, and we have seen nothing from Rime, so it probably will miss this year too. Not sure where Tommorow’s Children is in terms of development.

MS has Halo 5, which as you know, is a mega franchise that sells consoles. Tomb Raider is definitely huge, especially after the great press the last one got, and it might make some PS4 owners buy an XBOX one I believe. The new Fable is looking like shit from the demo I played at E3, and they are being smart making it free to play, because I would not pay a single cent for it. If Scalebound comes out this year, I think it’s going to be amazing.

Point being Sony has better offerings, not mainstream doesnt matter, they never had one.
Its better to stay away from the likes of old franchises, like Halo and TR and invest in the new IPs, its not like LastofUs ever sold better than most of the mainstream IPs like Halo Tongue, neither did UC initially, not untill it gained momentum and UC3 was released with greatest sales in the series.
It will be always quality/niche over quantity when it comes to Sony.

New IPs sell like TEW and Dying Light and they will find their audience on hot selling leading console i.e PS4 which has already taken lead with 20 million and counting.
I think trend is changing in that regard still MS need to cover a big gap, which IMO cannot do big sales suddenly in 2 months to cover gap. Not to mention Halo Collection was buggy and unplayable, 343 talent is questionable at best.

From you other Indie post, i think you don’t dig Console or PS4, that PC game praises.
Well Ori and HM2 both are buggy on PC, reports everywhere, and that problem not exclusive to one platform, infact buggy releases and F2p are 2 major diseases carried over from PC to consoles.
PC is still lagging in terms of ignored platform with no RedDead, GTA5, Destiny,FFXV and missed platform exclusives or late ones.
PC owners are increasing back logs more than ever with Sales promotion as main draw.
Most of the Steam indie you rave about has hit shovelware state not to mention that PC most played games consist of Goat,Bread, Train, farming simulators etc .

PC gaming userbase in a nutshell, you cannot argue numbers Grin

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154710310&postcount=1

I mean i never heard of Robocraft , Unturned and comeon DeadIsland….
This is as close to Tablet gaming as anything.

No thanks i will stick with Sony/Console Demographic, bring on Bloodborne Tongue

UPtimist - 12 March 2015 03:39 AM

(Edit): Looking at some uncomprehensive lists, looks like XBox is deffo more interesting this year, though neither of them still has that many outstanding games coming out. Aside from indies where there are many interesting ones but many of them also multiplatform, XBox has one or two big games to look out for, PS4 has none (as far as I could see).

You are also PC fan, consult the post above.
Sir, Good luck with F2ps.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

F2Ps on PC are easy. I ignore them as they’re god awful.

As for your other comment about bugs, there really isn’t that many more or less than the console versions.  The good thing about PC is also having your whole library in one place on one machine. Don’t need different hardware etc to just get game A working.

Both have their drawbacks and plus’s. It’s just a case of picking which suits you more.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top