• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Heads up to those looking to buy The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on PS4, there apparently a bug that stops you interacting with anything after you’ve saved.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 16 July 2015 01:31 AM

Heads up to those looking to buy The Vanishing of Ethan Carter on PS4, there apparently a bug that stops you interacting with anything after you’ve saved.

But how can that be? it’s only PC games that are supposed to be buggy.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 16 July 2015 01:39 PM
Tad - 16 July 2015 01:31 AM

But how can that be? it’s only PC games that are supposed to be buggy.

People have already finished it on Neogaf.
And its not gamebreaking for me, will eventually finish it in one setting. Smile

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=172077233

Try harder guys, you guys need material for point scoring, here

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xwdgm_batman-arkham-knight-s-batgirl-dlc-delayed-on-pc-until-further-notice-ign-news_videogames

http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2015-16-07-arkham-knight-won-t-be-fixed-for-a-few-months-yet-according-to-leaked-eb-games-email

Meanwhile,

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=172060306

Grin

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

There’s no need. Everyone knows PCs have more issues as there’s thousands of different combinations which devs can’t all test. It actually makes you wonder how some get it so wrong on consoles though doesn’t it?

I don’t see why this has become a thing though. They’re both great ways of playing games, so it’s no issue. Just as Nomadsoul said, it’s just personal preference. I use PC more (not to say I don’t want or won’t play on consoles) as most of the games I want are on there or aren’t on consoles and it’s nice just having everything accessible on one machine. Once I have a more reasons, I’ll definitely get a console as well.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 16 July 2015 06:18 PM

There’s no need. Everyone knows PCs have more issues as there’s thousands of different combinations which devs can’t all test. It actually makes you wonder how some get it so wrong on consoles though doesn’t it?

I don’t see why this has become a thing though. They’re both great ways of playing games, so it’s no issue. Just as Nomadsoul said, it’s just personal preference. I use PC more (not to say I don’t want or won’t play on consoles) as most of the games I want are on there or aren’t on consoles and it’s nice just having everything accessible on one machine. Once I have a more reasons, I’ll definitely get a console as well.

Wrong is a result of maladroit optimizers, no,bad,outsourced ports are result of priority of Devs/Pubs.
Most of the games you want make you leave Gotys and Platinum games.
I cant imagine how world looks from that zone.
You can join Platinum games pc ports begging, i mean petition.

Btw, what are your plans for RareReplay?

Naughty

I am planning to buy Xbone on Scalebound or Qbreak launch.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, that’s one issue. The problem is the list of games I’m interested in on consoles are quite thin at the moment and are split. I would like Rare Replay, but despite it sounding amazing, I have actually played all the games I wanted from them. Their earlier stuff (before N64) doesn’t really interested me though. Sea of Thieves will be on W10, so I’m wondering if it’ll come to that soon too.

As for platinum games…meh. I can take or leave their work. Some of them are fun, but I’ve never really managed to get into their games like others.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Almost all Rare replay games are already playable on PC for a long time. Playing old games is something PC is completely unbeatable.
In the meantime PS4 doesn’t even let you play PS1/PS2 games…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 17 July 2015 09:41 AM

Almost all Rare replay games are already playable on PC for a long time. Playing old games is something PC is completely unbeatable.

Please show me any working emulator of Xbox360 or PS3.
There is perfect dichotomy in using words Old games and New shiny Titan.

Rare Replay has filters, extras, behind the scenes, and not outsourced, all in one Retail
Package.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-rare-replay-is-a-different-type-of-remastered-collection

Playing Battletoads Arcade on nVidia Titan, downloaded illegally. Tongue
Dude, if it wasnt for illegal pirates, all pubs would have been on PC already.
Considering how much you loved BVS trailer, i can understand the emotion of not having Arkhamknight on pc.
Smile
You can get it on PS4, right now.
Just like you will get Asssyndicate early on PS4 along with TakenKing. Wink

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 17 July 2015 11:29 AM
wilco - 17 July 2015 09:41 AM

Please show me any working emulator of Xbox360 or PS3.

I’ll show you in a couple of years Smile for Titan and all

nomadsoul - 17 July 2015 11:29 AM

There is perfect dichotomy in using words Old games and New shiny Titan.

Rare Replay has filters, extras, behind the scenes, and not outsourced, all in one Retail
Package.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-rare-replay-is-a-different-type-of-remastered-collection

Playing Battletoads Arcade on nVidia Titan, downloaded illegally. Tongue
Dude, if it wasnt for illegal pirates, all pubs would have been on PC already.
Considering how much you loved BVS trailer, i can understand the emotion of not having Arkhamknight on pc.
Smile
You can get it on PS4, right now.
Just like you will get Asssyndicate early on PS4 along with TakenKing. Wink

I’ll be playing Batman on PS4 later, the reason I didn’t get is because they have some DLC I’ll want play and the Season Pass is ridiculous expensive. I’ll wait for the Goty edition or the promotions at the end of the year.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

@ nomadsoul: you’re barking up the wrong tree here, and repeating the same things over and over again are not going to change a thing. If anything, it’s getting *really* annoying, so please drop the entire PC vs. Console war and talk about games instead!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 17 July 2015 12:56 PM

repeating the same things over and over again are not going to change and talk about games instead!

Already changed,

NPD, june

Software:

1.) Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
2.) The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
3.) Lego: Jurassic World (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, Vita)
4.) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
5.) Splatoon (Wii U)
6.) Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
7.) Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
8.) Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
9.) NBA 2K15 (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, PC)
10.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)

Notes:
-PlayStation 4 software sales lead June.
-Batman: Arkham Knight’s sales slightly exceeded Arkham City, and if you count bundles, it’s the best selling games so far this year. Arkham City sold over 1.5 million copies.
-Warner’s sales are up 217% year over year for the first six months, and has the number 1 corporate publisher position so far.
-Splatoon sold 290K for a total of 455K.
-Mario Kart 8 has surpassed 2 million.

Hardware:

PlayStation 4: Top selling

Will post more on this later.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Splatoon!
Nintendo successfully launching a new IP can only mean great things.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 17 July 2015 05:34 PM

Splatoon!
Nintendo successfully launching a new IP can only mean great things.

Yup, still playing and not bored.
New map is rad.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I played it for a while, but the game play got too repetitive for me.

Anywho, The Tembo the BADASS Elephant! Is out on the 21st Smile

This really looks like fun and it’s only 8.99 Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 19 July 2015 02:39 PM

I played it for a while, but the game play got too repetitive for me.

Anywho, The Tembo the BADASS Elephant! Is out on the 21st Smile

This really looks like fun and it’s only 8.99 Smile

Change class, get Krakon roller.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top