• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 13 July 2015 02:12 PM
nomadsoul - 13 July 2015 12:55 PM

@SOCCERDUDE
Man, please check the Dreamfall, thread here on AG and Redthread games forums.
Exception is not the rule. It took a while to fix Dreamfall slow FPS even on high rigs.
Even wilco had them iirc.

Sorry did not know about it (as I have been avoiding the Dreamfall thread for spoilers). I have an nVidia Titan from 2 years back, and it runs Dreamfall like a dream, so I did not know about the performance problems on lower end PC’s.

It wasnt just lower end PC, it was badly optimized.
And your investment on Titan wasnt good enough for Arkham Knight, innit?
But wait you got Titan to play indies which i can run on my laptop.
Even with all settings , the textures are warped and you might get crashes( I have video links from gamespot if you want to see PC version).
Yes i know F1 and Project Cars run great, but the wilco type arguments i can assert too,

http://www.maximumpc.com/worst-pc-ports-2014/

http://www.inquisitr.com/2195293/batman-arkham-knight-seems-to-continue-trend-of-bad-pc-ports/

How many games on PC looks better than UC4 or Order, PS4 is inferior than Titan still.
On paper you can do alot with PC , but as i said, the reality is, its an open platform with publishers indisposed to invest their funds, and thats a fact, reason being pointed in the Gamespot video which leads me to my personal preference.

Yeah you will get Cuphead and Ori, Ori is my best Indie this year along with Hotline2,
but was Ori or Cuphead possible without M$? What part PC or Steam played in incubating indies to look as high production?
PC players should be thankful, that these Corporates dont think PC as competition and letting their funded games like SFV and Ori to be released on PC.

@ Tad
Thanks , feels emancipated, now that i am free to discuss Adventure games here Tongue
New previews for UntillDawn ps4 only,

Polygon

Destuctoid

Although I haven’t gotten the full taste of this mechanic in just four episodes, it already feels far more impactful than any recent Telltale game.
Telltale is great at telling its story, but that’s just it—it’s its story for the most part. Until Dawn gives me hope that multiple playthroughs will be worth it.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/13/will-you-make-the-right-choices-to-survive-until-dawn/

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

@nomad
Be thankful for a good PC market, Shenmue 3 wouldn’t exist without it Tongue

Until Dawn looks like great fun. Slasher flick game it’s a great idea.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

nomadsoul - 13 July 2015 04:24 PM
SoccerDude28 - 13 July 2015 02:12 PM

Sorry did not know about it (as I have been avoiding the Dreamfall thread for spoilers). I have an nVidia Titan from 2 years back, and it runs Dreamfall like a dream, so I did not know about the performance problems on lower end PC’s.

It wasnt just lower end PC, it was badly optimized.

That is not really true!

The problem is that Unity 4 can only utilize two CPU’s, and DC is a very demanding on the CPU power, whereas your GPU has almost no influence of the game at all. So people with low speed CPU’s where experiencing low performance even with high-end graphic cards.

Red Thread Games has made optimizations to the game, but those has for most people only had a minor improvement, and the big performance boost won’t happen before they upgrade to Unity 5, that can utilize all the CPU’s.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I only have one issue with that post Nomadsoul. You quoted Pol***n. Smile

As for Until dawn…

I actually thought it looked good in that cheesy 90s teen horror flick way. Glad to hear it’s getting some good impressions.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 13 July 2015 04:30 PM

@nomad
Be thankful for a good PC market, Shenmue 3 wouldn’t exist without it Tongue

Until Dawn looks like great fun. Slasher flick game it’s a great idea.

Yeah filling thag void nicely.
I think Sony doing bad job Marketing it, it could sell more than Beyond.
Twitch streamers gonna love it.
Atleast its cheesy writing is self aware and a good throwback.

Also good to see that Psychiatrist twist, like ShatteredMemories.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

No I actually got Titan to play Borderlands 2, The Witcher 3, Alan Wake, Bioshock Infinite, Sleeping Dogs, DMC, Skyrim, Rage and many more. It runs everything I throw at it like a dream at 1080p, and I have 0 regrets.  It also runs all the indie games I love dearly Smile

As far as Until Dawn, I agree that Sony needs to market it better. I was surprised they barely mentioned it in their E3 presentation. They also barely mentioned or marketted Ratchet and Clank, and both games look really good.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 13 July 2015 06:30 PM

No I actually got Titan to play Borderlands 2, Alan Wake, Bioshock Infinite, Sleeping Dogs, DMC, Skyrim, Rage and many more. It runs everything I throw at it like a dream at 1080p, and I have 0 regrets.  It also runs all the indie games I love dearly Smile

Oh i see, last gen games on Titan, didnt know those games require Titan for full settings.
Thanks for free education Wink
Did you try TR on titan yet?

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Some tributes for Mr. Iwata from artists across the web:
http://www.dorkly.com/post/75268/artists-across-the-web-pay-tribute-to-satoru-iwata?ref=homepage

@nomad: the current gen games so far (like last year’s call of duty) have not yet taxed my titan, so I’m confident it has still lots of life in it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I said Damn, son!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2y3fh8_just-cause-3-official-e3-2015-walkthrough_videogames

Hitman leak videos look return to form too.

SleepingDogs2 AND Kane&lynch3; next please.
Thanks SEnix.
Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/devils_third/preview-3910.html

Worst published game, Devils turd indeed.
Loads of negative previews overall.
I knew itagaki and inafune were charlatans.
Hayashi will prove his mettle in next NinjaGaiden.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I wonder why NIntendo decided to salvage this, thinking helping Itagaki might bring them some good press and positive views among hardcore gamers? Although it was probably cheap.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

SoccerDude28 - 13 July 2015 10:39 PM

@nomad: the current gen games so far (like last year’s call of duty) have not yet taxed my titan, so I’m confident it has still lots of life in it.

god, i would hope so, thats a $1000 card and only from 2 years ago. Id hope a $300 card from 2 years ago would still have a lot of life in it too.
Titans are for 2 groups of people: enthusiasts who love geeking out with performance numbers, or people who just want to check off the highest price box as possible Tongue

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

zane - 15 July 2015 07:37 PM
SoccerDude28 - 13 July 2015 10:39 PM

god, i would hope so, thats a $1000 card and only from 2 years ago. Id hope a $300 card from 2 years ago would still have a lot of life in it too.
Titans are for 2 groups of people: enthusiasts who love geeking out with performance numbers, or people who just want to check off the highest price box as possible Tongue

To be fair, it is nice never having to worry about game specs and just blasting everything at ultra setting Tongue

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 15 July 2015 05:06 PM

Are you not liking Mighty number 9? I got a chance to play a small demo of it and it is pretty fun.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 15 July 2015 08:52 PM

Are you not liking Mighty number 9? I got a chance to play a small demo of it and it is pretty fun.

Backed it but not liked it, art direction is a huge turn off and bosses are just OK in patterns and difficulty. Keiji i believe is not director and designer.
I checked Devilturd videos, game feels solid mindless cheap fun but fot 20$.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top