• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 07 January 2017 07:21 AM
Jdawg445 - 07 January 2017 07:16 AM
nomadsoul - 07 January 2017 07:07 AM
Jdawg445 - 07 January 2017 06:54 AM
nomadsoul - 07 January 2017 02:43 AM
Jdawg445 - 07 January 2017 02:20 AM

well my two favorite rpgs of all time are grandia 2 and skies of arcadia for the dreamcast. if I like them will I like rouge galaxy

Its realtime not turn based
It has better art than both
And rest is all subjective
I would recommend, i want sequel from Level5 tbh, i liked the universe, you can check vids on youtube

I just checked ps4 ver, and its hot , i might dip again later

Let me ask a technical question you may or may not know. I was at the chateau level in uncharted three and I was having a lighting issue with the game. I was inside the castle and it seems the light of the game would flicker every time I move the camera. It mostly happened when I was in a dark area an light was coming through a hole in the wall of the castle. could it be a small bug with the game, a ps4 rendering issue or an issue with my tv not being able to pixalate quick enough. Basically it seemed like someone was dimming a lightbulb and turning it back up quick. I hope Im explaining the problem well. I just finished the syria level and had no issue there.

If this problem never happened in UC2 then its a glitch
Play the game till end and reload Chateau to check if it persists then update could fix it
Its PS4 vs disc loading the code properly
Had plenty of that in my games
Also best bet is to check TV issues by comparing same contextual situations

thank you and yeah never had an issue before in uncharted 2, but since you mentioned it, I think it might be a bug bc. I put the ps4 in rest mode to eat dinner and when I came back the game of course reloaded to the same spot and it kind of glitched right there as well, as in the game stuttered

Avoid sleep mode to increase your ps4 life
Its china made
only let your ps4 on for demos, not more than 8 hrs

see the setup menu told me I should let it stay in sleep mode lol

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 07 January 2017 09:36 AM

see the setup menu told me I should let it stay in sleep mode lol

They always wanted that

Old story

Best Dev in business , ShinjiMikami said that Sony makes their consoles to break to increase their installed base. He said the PS2 was selling so well because many people are buying a second one for replacement.
Other than PS2, he mentioned the current PC systems, walkman and Docomo cellphones are also easy to break, he said manufacturers purposely make the systems easier to break, so that customers have to purchase a new one every one or two years.

Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Remember when a firmware update broke the console when it went into sleep mode… Had to reset the ps4 into original settings at the time.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 07 January 2017 10:41 AM

Remember when a firmware update broke the console when it went into sleep mode… Had to reset the ps4 into original settings at the time.

And that leap year fiasco
Not to mention YLD issue

PS4 jet engine vids on utube are still alarming

Every time on fw update
Hey wilco is it safe Smile

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

that is messed up lol but dont doubt it at all. For the record I have had my 360 since 06 and never had one problem with it ever lol. thats what like 11 to 12 yrs knock on wood.

I beat uncharted 3 today and I know this might ruffle some feathers its my favorite so far and its not even close. They got the action at a lot better rate than number 2. What I mean is in number 2 it felt like endless waves of enemies. this game new when to move on and go to something else. It might have cut down the play time, bc I feel like this was far the shortest game that I played in the series. I think I beat it in 7.5 to 8 hrs, I played all of them on normal. The other thing that I love is they added a lot more tombs and puzzles in this one and while none were adventure game hard they did have quite a few clever ones especially the one in france at the castle where you had to use the torch to lite all the different symbols. This also has the best story bc it was at least somewhat grounded, and there was no horrible cheap boss fight at the end. I hated the first two boss fights of the series. I also really liked the villain in this one. Sully was great. Nate was great, Chole was ok they didnt give her enough to do and elena was ok, she was far less annoying in this one, but by far Charlie Cutter was the best character of them all. I was sad when he vanished half way through the game, it looks like his character is modeled after Jason Statham. The humor and dialogue in this one was amazing, I finally cared for these characters. they were kind of blah in one, I liked them in two, but love them in three. While none of the set pieces were as amazing as what we saw in 2 aka the train and the chopper destroying the building while your in it. I found the set pieces to be more fun to play here bc they were smaller and had more of them.

I do have some negatives, I feel like the hit box was off, I know a couple of times i was making headshots and they were not even hitting them. While I loved the hand to hand stuff, I felt like the game had way too many beat up the generic 7 foot tall bad guys that all look the same. Also Like my problems with number 2, I still feel like the climbing mechanics need an overhaul, very finicky when trying to jump from ledge to ledge.

Thats really all I got, graphics, voice acting, sound design, and gameplay are all top notch here. The remastered games are worth a play through. I got them for 25 dollars and had roughly 25 to 30 hrs of gameplay total throughout all three chapters. Plus the devs added in some bonus stuff in the forms of tweaks to the gameplay and speed run options that can extend the life of the games.

Overall once again
Uncharted 1- 7.5/10
Uncharted 2- 9.0/10
Uncharted 3- 9.5/10

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Digging into my pile of shame I spent about 20 hours playing…

Alien Isolation

You play as Amanda Ripley searching for what happened to the Nostromo and her mother. You end up on a space station in the middle of a disaster and you have to survive against humans, rogue androids and a alien monster out for blood.

Pro

* Superb recreation of the mood and look of Alien. The green screen monitors, 70’s tech and ship design is straight out the movie.
* Everything from the lighting to the audio ramps up the feeling of dread.
* The Alien is both terrifying and frustrating. It can’t be killed and if it spots you it’s more or less instant death. The tension mounts as you creep around and hide from it hoping it gets lost.
* Crafting can make soom useful things like noisemakers to distract the alien.
* Having hard save points creates a careful playthrough and also scares the pants off you until you get to the next one.
* Scary as s**&

Cons

* It goes on a bit long. There are about 3 endings before the real one.
* Hard save points are frustrating if you die 20 mins after using one.
* The super Androids are fecking annoying.
* Never used the Flares. Pointless items.

Overall it’s a fantastic game that goes on too long. Best Alien licenced game ever.

4/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Lucien21 - 07 January 2017 02:45 PM

Digging into my pile of shame I spent about 20 hours playing…

Alien Isolation

You play as Amanda Ripley searching for what happened to the Nostromo and her mother. You end up on a space station in the middle of a disaster and you have to survive against humans, rogue androids and a alien monster out for blood.

Pro

* Superb recreation of the mood and look of Alien. The green screen monitors, 70’s tech and ship design is straight out the movie.
* Everything from the lighting to the audio ramps up the feeling of dread.
* The Alien is both terrifying and frustrating. It can’t be killed and if it spots you it’s more or less instant death. The tension mounts as you creep around and hide from it hoping it gets lost.
* Crafting can make soom useful things like noisemakers to distract the alien.
* Having hard save points creates a careful playthrough and also scares the pants off you until you get to the next one.
* Scary as s**&

Cons

* It goes on a bit long. There are about 3 endings before the real one.
* Hard save points are frustrating if you die 20 mins after using one.
* The super Androids are fecking annoying.
* Never used the Flares. Pointless items.

Overall it’s a fantastic game that goes on too long. Best Alien licenced game ever.

4/5

agreed I would downgrade it just slightly bc of all the false endings. Its kind of a one trick game, and trick is amazing, just didnt need to be as long

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sevastopol Station itself was a character, so much ambience. they did terrific job at level design. Flares are best to distract Alien in some tight situations, esp when he is nearing you and you need to show him another way so that you crawl and move to safe spot.
Save points was a great decision , just like RE old days typewriter tension
Technical achievement, CreativeAssembly deserves credit
Classic

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

want to start witcher 3 today but it says the patch update to version 1.31 will take 8 hrs to download wow just wow. is the game playable without update or should I wait.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

PS4 version? Not sure but probably playable, don’t remember reading about any big problems, but the patch will improve performance and gameplay

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I will wait I went ahead and downloaded all the free side quests and the new animations pack

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 08 January 2017 04:12 PM

I will wait I went ahead and downloaded all the free side quests and the new animations pack

Better to dload the patch , it removes input delay and fixes up movement and other stuff
like UI

Patches are nightmare indeed, new Doom patch 20+gb, i was like wtf!
Its not bad if i have PC speeds, its PSN servers that crawl like snail

Try to collect yourself after finishing W3 and DLC
high chance other game worlds will feel shit for a while

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

nomadsoul - 09 January 2017 05:34 AM
Jdawg445 - 08 January 2017 04:12 PM

Better to dload the patch , it removes input delay and fixes up movement and other stuff
like UI

Patches are nightmare indeed, new Doom patch 20+gb, i was like wtf!
Its not bad if i have PC speeds, its PSN servers that crawl like snail

Try to collect yourself after finishing W3 and DLC
high chance other game worlds will feel shit for a while

I have played about 6 to 8 hrs basically past the prologue the rest of this post will contain spoilers.

So far I really like the game but dont love it yet. I loved the witcher 2 to from the opening scene with letho on the ship owning folks to the lore and the politics, reminded me of game of thrones. I like the story so far in 3 but just has not captured me in the same way yet as 2. Graphics are nice but I can tell def downgraded for the ps4, uncharted 3 looked better to me. Voice acting is passable, love how they act like you can talk to npcs but all they do is grunt or spit. I have already ran into quite a few glitches and bugs too. My favorite quest so far is the werewolf one, I was 3 levels down from recommended level to complete, but did it in 4 tries. I got the game one away from hardest diffcuilty and so far witcher 3 is pretty easy, I feel like you can dodge any attack no matter the distance really no need to parry or counter. So far give it an 8.5 for me. Also after death load times are incredibly long. one problem is I think Im not a huge fan of true openworld games; bc gta bores me after a while same as skyrim and the rest of the lot. I do like semi open world games like the witcher 2. It semi opened but had a more focused narrative and more interesting side quest, I can say the same thing with the first tomb raider reboot; it was also semi opne world not fully and focused on getting you from pt A to pt B. Just some of my quick thoughts

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The Witcher 2 was smaller so more story/set pieces oriented but Witcher 3 is different and you haven’t seen much yet. Wait til you get to the Bloody Baron quests and Heart of Stone Gasp
Nomad is right, RPGs open-world will all look worse…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 09 January 2017 01:38 PM

game of thrones

Its Huge, and follows Books more closely, W2 had letho only and Iorveth as side cast
Not big enough cast to leave big mark
Here you are gonna meet huge cast, all well written
With some NPCs with better lines than anyone in W2
Some quests that outdo w2 whole plot
Not the type you can rate till you finish the game ad both DLCs

Right now you need to know you are after Ciri, who and what Ciri is in the Books
But talking to NPCs and such will reveal her and Geralt past connection
So they covered alot, so finding Ciri, just that, but it will take you to places

For me w3>w1>w2

W2 was weak all around, esp just one main plot around Regicide

And i dont get GoT as default litmus test for all fantasy stuff, just like LoTR was
in past
Witcher is really well written and its own thing, universe is far more Witchier with high fantasy than GoT or LoTR

What i liked about W1 was magic at the core center, slavic feel and politics with Witchery at core center, code, rituals, creed etc W3 does it 100 fold
No story out there does spirituality , magic and intellect better than this game
These spiritual/pagan/witcher/magic themes philosophies make it different, they will go in great technicalities of rituals and stuff
Witcher is not about worldly politics of assassinations, thrones and imperialism
Its about Geralt , his gang and school of alchemy
In the end, its all personal

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top