• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Yeah another day another leak and another remaster.

Uncharted the drake collection

3 remastered games on the ps4 to tide you over until 4 comes out and to make you forget that Tomb Raider is only on xbone this year.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Easy money from collectors I guess. I get it helps new talent learn the trade and is cheaper, but surely it’ll benefit all to get them working on little downloadable projects than this? We’ll finally have a consistent stream of exclusives and they’ll learn from scratch how to develop.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 04 June 2015 02:34 AM

I suspect Fallout will do better as EA are making Battlefront and are already jumping on the pre-order, DLC crap which turns a lot of people off from even buying it.

Can’t be worse than Bethesda which was launching paid Mods, and sold premium Infamous horse armours.
Beth also has steam of DLCs planned.

UC collection was known , Beta is a nice surprise bait.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Steam controller + Steam Link up for pre-order for an October release:
http://store.steampowered.com/hardware

Anyone trying it? So tempting…

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

Yeah, it’s going to be interesting to see how this whole Steam Hardware lineup turns out.

The controller still looks like an owl, though. Then again, I can’t think of any reason for a good controller to not look like an owl. Owls are cool.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Of course!

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

Hahaha!! Sweet. Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 05 June 2015 11:12 AM

I guess I am most interested in the controller. Not so much interested in the machines, since I already own a kick ass PC, and from what I understood, not all Steam games will run on Steam OS.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 05 June 2015 02:44 PM
wilco - 05 June 2015 11:12 AM

I guess I am most interested in the controller. Not so much interested in the machines, since I already own a kick ass PC, and from what I understood, not all Steam games will run on Steam OS.

I think you can install whatever OS you want in those machines but I totally agree that they are not worth. If Steam Link works well I’ll be really happy. Being able to play all those Steam games in a Tv Yum

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=19811

OPM: “Kojima‘s direction and un?inching commitment to challenging expectations and conventions make it the most tense experience ever hosted on PlayStation.”

The first hour is being hyped like Kojima surpassing his previous Cinematic mind games , in david lynchian and Jhorror style.
Then game shifts to open world scene, sounds like another GoTY in the making, cannot wait for E3.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

No E3 is complete without leaks,

DarkSouls 3 pics,

http://imgur.com/a/6ZZgy

Details on Ngaf.

They have made it ArmoredCore, new Souls game after 1 or 2 year(s).

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

We happy few now on kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/112359230/we-happy-few-welcome-to-wellington-wells-you-saucy?ref=category

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 06 June 2015 01:42 AM

We happy few now on kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/112359230/we-happy-few-welcome-to-wellington-wells-you-saucy?ref=category

Contrast was a great idea with a mediocre implementation. Hope they can pull it off this time.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

A potentially HUGE leak has appeared on reddit that tells us exactly what Nintendo will be doing this E3:

I’m a Nintendo of America Employee that is currently cutting the Nintendo Digital Event that will air on Tuesday June 16th 9 a.m PT. Nintendo will show some awesome Stuff at E3, so even if it cost me my job I must share it with you!
The Digital Event starts with a Mashup of 30 years of Super Mario Bros. Games that will end with a new Trailer for Mario Maker. Just like the New Super Mario Bros. series it will have a 4-Player Multiplayer (Characters: Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad). There is also a 5-Player Multiplayer where the GamePad Player can change the Level while the other Players play the Level. The Game will be released on September 13th 2015.
Next up: Iwata talks about the Super Gameboy for the SNES and the Gameboy Player for the Nintendo Gamecube. They where bridges between handheld and home console. Iwata will introduce such a bridge for Nintendo 3DS and WiiU: The New GamePad!
The New GamePad is smaller and lighter than the original GamePad, while it’s remains the same screen size of 6.2 inch. The New GamePad comes with New 3DS Hardware wich allows you to use the New Gamepad without the WiiU. It comes with a DS/3DS and MicroSD Port. It is a Tablet sized Handheld. In Standalone Mode you can also use the full WiiU-Menu and applications like the eShop, the Miiverse and even the Internet Browser. If you start a WiiU Game the WiiU will turn automatically on. You also can play our favorite DS and 3DS on the TV. If you have an 3D compatible TV you can play 3DS Games even in 3D! The New GamePad follows the design of the New 3DS. That means SNES styled Buttons, Coverplates and WiiU-Menu Designs to personalize your GamePad. WiiU-Menu Designs will also be available for the original GamePad. The New GamePad won’t just work with a direct connection to the WiiU like the original GamePad. You can also connect through your local Wi-Fi Router and even the internet.
The New GamePad will launch this Fall. You can get it as a Standalone Version for $199 and as a new premium bundle for $349 The original GamePad and WiiU remains as a $249 starter pack.
With the New GamePad you will be able to play supportet Games with two GamePads on one WiiU. The new Star Fox Game will be one of the first games that supports two GamePads.
Speaking of Star Fox. The new Star Fox will be a reboot of the series and is simply called Star Fox. It is a classic Star Fox 64 like Star Fox. Just like Star Fox 64 you can play through it really fast but there a many routes and hidden secrets. The GamePad shows you a Cockpit View, while you see a classic view on the TV. The Game features a local and online Co-op Multiplayer. You can play online with up to 3 friends and local with one friend (with two GamePads). There will also be a competitive Multiplayer. The Game will be released this Fall.
Project Giant Robot and Project Guard will be released in the eShop, later this year. Project Giant Robot also comes with a 2-GamePad Player Multiplayer.
Now Iwata wants to share new information on the new online system from DeNA. The new System will start in September together with an update for WiiU and 3DS and a official Nintendo App for iOS and Android and Windows 10 that will be released on the same day.
With the new Online System all your games will be based on your account and not the Hardware. That means if you have more than one 3DS you can now have your games on all of them. You can register up to 5 devices of the same type.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Here’s the rest:

The online system uses your already existing Nintendo Network ID so that you don’t have to create a new account. The official Nintendo Application allows you to browse the eShop and the Miiverse. You can buy Games on your mobile device or computer and they will be downloaded automatically to your 3DS or WiiU. The all new voice party and achievement system will also be usable from the app.
With the new Voice Party System you will be able to talk to your friends. This feature will not be able on Nintendo 3DS, but 3DS Players can use the official Nintendo App to communicate with each other.
The new achievement system is based on Puzzle Swap from the 3DS Mii Plaza. Every compatible Game will feature a Puzzle. Each Puzzle piece is a achievement, if you complete all achievements of a game you can view the Puzzle in Fullscreen. There can also be goodies like gear for your Mii and more.
The new Online System also replaces the Club Nintendo. For every game that you purchase in the eShop you will get Coins. You can use these coins in the official Nintendo App to get digital and physical goodies. But this will not be the only use for the coins. If you buy much and have many Coins you get discounts in the eShop! You can get up to 50% discount.
The first mobile Nintendo Game will come this Fall. It’s a 2D Super Mario game. If you play it you can get a 50% discount on every Super Mario Game on Nintendo 3DS and WiiU!
Reggie shows up and presents some 3DS Games:
-Metroid Fusion 3D will be released in October 2015. It’s a remake of the Game that was originally released on the Gameboy Advanced. It will feature 2.5D graphics and a new epilog.
-Final Fantasy Explorers will coming to the West.
-Animal Crossing: Happy Home Room Designer. Amiibo Cards will be feature three cards in one package. One package will cost $3.
-The new Fire Emblem Game has finally a name: Fire Emblem If (just like in Japan). The North American Release is based on the Hoshido side of the Game. If you want to play on the Nohr side you can purchase a DLC. There will also be a special edition like in Japan that features all stories. Fire Emblem if will be released in Spring 2016.
-Pokemon Zero X and Pokemon Zero Y will be released worldwide on February 27th 2016. It’s a prequel to Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. The games take place in South-Kalos and for the first time in history of Pokemon there will be new Pokemon in a Special Edition. There will be about 60 new Pokemon and also new Mega Evolutions. The 6. Generation Starters are now able to perform the Mega Evolution. The Game is compatible with all 3DS Systems but if you play it on the New 3DS or the New GamePad Pro you can switch at any time to a third person view. There are also rumors that the champion of the Kalos Region will be invited to the grand opening of something that is called the Battle Frontier of Hoenn…
Next up is a Mashup of eShop indie games that are coming to 3DS and WiiU.
Now Reggie wants to show some WiiU Games:
-Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem will be called Persona FE in North America and Europe. A new Trailer also shows a famous feature of the Persona Series: The S-Links will be part of the Game. The Game will be released in 2016.
-Mario Kart 8 will get two new DLC Packs! The first one comes this November and will be Star Fox themed. New drivers a Fox McCloud and finally Captian Falcon, the third new driver is still a secret. The second one will be Kirby themed and will be released in spring next year. Kirby and King Dedede will join the Mario 8 Roster. Both packs come with 8 new courses.
-A new Animal Crossing Game will come next year to the WiiU. It will be called Animal Crossing: Metropolis. This time you will be mayor of a small town. Can you turn it to the biggest Town of the World?
-Devils Third and Project Treasure will be shown at the Treehouse Live @ E3
-Sakurai shows up. He reveals the last round of Super Smash Bros. Amiibos and the next Update for Samsh Bros. that brings the tournament mode. But there is one more thing:
-Tales of Super Smash Bros. This Game will be are Crossover between the Tale of.. series and Super Smash Bros. It will feature all the Super Smash Bros. Characters and Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia will also come to Super Smash Bros. for WiiU. It is a full RPG experience with the Super Smash Bros. Battle System. All Amiibos of the Super Smash Bros. Series are compatible and allows you to build the party you want! Tales of Super Smash Bros. will be released 2016.
Reggie comes back and remind you to watch the Treehouse Live @ E3 Stream, there will be more announcements at the show floor.
But before you go…
-Metroid V
developed by Retro Studios. It’s 3D like the Prime series. Plays after the events of Metroid Fusion that is also known as Metroid IV. The Game will be released in 2016.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top