• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Mikekelly - 31 May 2015 08:18 PM

There’s a rumour circling that Microsoft are buying the IP for Silent Hills and are making it an exclusive to Xbox One.

I’m so glad to hear this is bogus. I like Silent Hill games.

I’m (genuinely) confused - you like Silent Hill games, so you’re happy the game stays canceled? Or is this just because you don’t think Microsoft would let it be a good game?

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

One way or another, I think we’ll see Silent Hill again. Might not have the same name etc, but like Yooka-Laylee, it’ll be out there.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

(boring) Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer (gameplay only at E3 of course):

XCOM 2 announced:

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Lego takes on Minecraft.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Tad - 01 June 2015 05:19 AM

One way or another, I think we’ll see Silent Hill again. Might not have the same name etc, but like Yooka-Laylee, it’ll be out there.

But with a different name? I really hope not.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s only a name.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Seems like Fallout 4 is coming

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 02 June 2015 12:11 PM

No MS money hat Laughing

That’s it, RE7 is last biggie they can money hat else bust.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 02 June 2015 12:11 PM

It’s really happening!!!!!!!!! So good Smile (but you need to step up your gameplay and engine Bethesda)

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Some clever person looked at the code on that fallout 4 site and found the 360/ps3 logo’s too.

Last gen and this gen release?

Also, Steam are going to offer refunds now.

All those greenlight tripe studios just got sweaty in fear lol

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tad - 02 June 2015 02:29 PM

Some clever person looked at the code at on that fallout 4 site and found the 360/ps3 logo’s too.

Last gen and this gen release?

What? That would be terrible and pointless…

inXile (Wasteland 2; Torment: Tides of Numenera) started a new kickstarter for Bard’s Tale IV and it’s going to be another success.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Good for you Valve. That’s why they stay on top of the digital world. They actually provide good service.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

SoccerDude28 - 02 June 2015 04:31 PM

Good for you Valve. That’s why they stay on top of the digital world. They actually provide good service.

They should do it and I’m glad to see they are now. It seems like a good system too. It lets the player refund the game within’ 14 days so long as they haven’t played more then 2 hours. Plus, you can return the game for whatever reason - even if it’s just a case of you not liking it.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

However, Ragnar Tørnquist raised some really good points regarding short and episodic indie games - namely, that there are many such games that you can easily play through in two weeks and two hours. I’ll just quote his tweets regarding this here:

Not sure how I feel about the new @steam_games refund policy. It’ll be easy to exploit & short games may suffer.

This policy may discourage developers—like us—from making short, narrative driven games. If you can play through it in two hours…

Refunds are great for customers who can’t get games to run & to prevent scams, but two weeks + two hours seems excessive.

The idea that customers should be able to give games a two-hour spin to “see if they like it” should be OUR choice, not Steam’s.

It concerns me that we’ll be forced to allow what basically amounts to an evaluation period or timed trial for a game.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Think they’ve already said their will be exceptions for games in this category.

Although, I would add if I had paid full price for something like Gone Home, I’d be rightfully cheesed off.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top