• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Telltale new game The Wolf Among Us

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

Lambonius - 06 February 2014 03:41 PM
Blackthorne - 06 February 2014 09:51 AM

Wow.  Changing the game on the fly because the internet figured out your endgame?  If that’s the truth, that’s a BFD - and definitely a fly in the ointment of episodic gaming.

Bt

I’m not sure I even understand what happened here, or why it would be a big deal.  Is the suspicion that Telltale changed the episode because someone correctly figured out the ending of their game?  How would anyone know if the person was correct until the rest of the episodes had come out?  And for that matter, why would redoing the second episode in a 5-episode season be at all necessary?  Couldn’t they just rewrite the ending or the 5th episode if it was that big a deal?  This makes no sense.

Well there are 2 theories currently. One is the ginger man in EP1 which was probably going to play a major part in the whole mystery (maybe even the murderer himself), was spotted by the internet too early, thus it would ruin a very big twist or something.
The other is that the series creator wasn’t happy with the script and wanted some changes.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Definitely interesting theories - whatever the case is, I guess the game has been changed in ways since the trailer or preview.  Interesting.

Bt

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lambonius - 06 February 2014 03:41 PM

Couldn’t they just rewrite the ending or the 5th episode if it was that big a deal?  This makes no sense.

Because Crane fingering Snowwhite is better

Tongue

Ginger guy discussion with pics
http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/51136/ginger-guy-dilema-pictures

What i say is that they can easily do what ever they want with ginger or other mysterious
figures and end up justifying it under the logic of glamour and magic.

Nanomachines Son

Smile

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I just started it.  And I just finished it.  Jesus, I can’t believe how short it was.  Seems like the shortest Telltale episode yet.

Very enjoyable though.  I liked it more than the first one, and I enjoyed that one too.

I did see the ending coming though.  Nearly every time that character was on the screen I was getting bad vibes.  Especially when we were examining the dead body and he was trying to prevent us from looking at the evidence too closely.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

xxax - 05 February 2014 06:20 AM

Well the story is still engaging and i just love the setting, but yeah this ep was disappointingly short, especially after such a long wait.

Also the choices are beginning to look more and more cosmetic again…

I’m not worried about choices not having a major impact, because I feel that these games are really meant to be played through once, and not over and over.  You shouldn’t know what the impact of your choices will be ahead of time.  You just make them and live with the consequences.

And I don’t consider these games to be about the effect your choices have, but rather it’s about the story and how you choose to play your character.

But I would like to see some tougher decisions.  Real tough moral dilemmas where it’s hard to decide what the better choice is.  So far TWAU hasn’t done that near as well as TWD.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Jusf finished the second episode. All is forgiven Telltale, all is forgiven. (Just try not to mess up the release schedules).

Nice to see Jack appearing along with some other new fables. I hope they get to do The Farm.

Never heard of Georgie Porgie but the rhyme that it’s apparently based are suitable creepy:

Georgie Porgie, Puddin’ and Pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry,
When the boys came out to play
Georgie Porgie ran away

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

I can get the full season on sale this week for $9 with a Playstation Plus discount. Unsure whether to go for it or just wait until December when the whole thing is released and it will probably get discounted once again.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Venkman - 01 March 2014 02:12 PM

I can get the full season on sale this week for $9 with a Playstation Plus discount. Unsure whether to go for it or just wait until December when the whole thing is released and it will probably get discounted once again.

Thats what i am gonna do, its tempting but will go down further , same for TWD S2.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Episode 3 is going to be released next week, better release schedule.
Hope the keep up the alternating months with Walking Dead (maintaining the quality).

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Good to hear. I really like this series. It’s cool, nasty, violent and very imaginative. I tried the comic books but I like this series better. Hope there’ll be a season 2.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Good news everyone! Episode 3 is now available.

Spoiler below:

Thought this one was a good one. Knew all along it wasn’t going to be that simple, but the way they played it out was great. Found some of the choices in this one a bit tougher too. Some clearly heated moments that could of led to rash choices if I wasn’t careful and we even saw an ugly side to Snow. This also questioned Bigby’s motives and if he (you) were really trying to change. Roll on next episode!

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 08 April 2014 01:58 PM

Good news everyone! Episode 3 is now available.

Spoiler below:

Thought this one was a good one. Knew all along it wasn’t going to be that simple, but the way they played it out was great. Found some of the choices in this one a bit tougher too. Some clearly heated moments that could of led to rash choices if I wasn’t careful and we even saw an ugly side to Snow. This also questioned Bigby’s motives and if he (you) were really trying to change. Roll on next episode!

Bloody hell this was best TTG effort, was on the edge from the beginning and
the ending scenes totally outdid TTG past efforts. It feels like they were
just training with TWD S1. Too good.

Only means good thing for future like Borderlands. I am have way more confidence
than before in their plan now. Smile

Now to to try other options Grin

Bloody mary = Badass

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

I’m not impressed to be honest. Again the episode was far too short, if put together with the second i think it would have been as long as the first Walking dead episode (season 1). I felt the episode added nothing we didn’t already know.

It was obvious that Crane wasn’t the killer and it was obvious there was someone behind it. I felt that the ep didn’t add anything to the plot.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

xxax - 08 April 2014 05:29 PM

I’m not impressed to be honest. Again the episode was far too short, if put together with the second i think it would have been as long as the first Walking dead episode (season 1). I felt the episode added nothing we didn’t already know.

It was obvious that Crane wasn’t the killer and it was obvious there was someone behind it. I felt that the ep didn’t add anything to the plot.

Badassery, top presentation, music, more conflicts, new characters.

Length is now given, i think they are cutting time to equally spent the load on
both series, so instead of 3 hrs TWDs1 we are getting 2 series with 1hr 30 minutes each.

But there is extra amount of stuff if you choose other paths, what i liked in this ep,
you run into different characters which you can totally miss for next eps.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Played the episode. The final scene at the alleys was awesome. Bloody (eheh) brilliant writing and voice work.
I would also like to give a special note to the moody soundtrack of this series, probably my favourite from any Telltale game. The plot and stakes is ramping up, some tough choices and I always feel like I’m making the bad one Smile (probably because there were no good choices…).

Laugh out loud moment - Gren passing out drunk “Gren will not remember that”
Another great Fables character in here - Flycatcher

nomadsoul - 08 April 2014 06:12 PM

But there is extra amount of stuff if you choose other paths, what i liked in this ep,
you run into different characters which you can totally miss for next eps.

That choice at the middle of the episode seems like it leads to different events, the result would probably not change a lot but the way the scenes play out seem different. I went to the bar first, anyone went to Crane’s room first? Can we avoid the burning of Crane stuff?

Still think a Fables series from HBO, AMC, Showtime or whatever needs to happen

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top