• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I had something similar happen to me today. My ‘small’ camera (Canon S2) died, so I bought this little Nikon to replace it:

I’ve had quite a few of these pocket cameras to keep with me at all times (the S2 is too big for that and phone cameras were all crap until the iPhone 4S came out. I have the 4). They all died soon due to faulty mechanics so let’s hope this one stays working for as long as the S2, which I had for almost ten years.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I’ve got one of them. Good camera.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Bears in Florida like to relax

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27679847

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2004-01-28

PM

UPtimist - 01 June 2014 10:01 AM

Did I ever mention I’m going to London tomorrow? We’ll be there from Monday to Thursday.

I’m sure I’ll post tons of pictures even if no one is interested Grin

Whereabouts are you headed?

“I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.”

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 02 June 2014 01:26 PM
Advie - 31 May 2014 06:39 PM

C.C wins the presidential election with (not officially revealed, but we know) 95% of the voting figure, which is 25 Millions of the 48 who have the voting right, what do you think people of the new democratic Egypt! . and before you ask I voted for him , yea god bless the general .

Sorry, Advie, I’m not Egyptian. So 95% on any elections raises suspicions. Then again, from what I’ve read people really trust Sisi and see him as a patriot who acts in the interests of his country, just what one might expect from an experienced military man. Complete the opposite to the newly elected Ukrainian president-billionaire who can’t make a step without consulting Washington. I guess this explains why liberal press reviews both in such a different light.

I appreciate your interest, Doom at subject, i can go forever explaining the situation but then i would start to sound like i am giving excuses or even blabbing, so to keep it short, here is a nice equation; over than 14 millions went out in the 30th of June 2013 against the brotherhood, and through the 1st,2nd,3rd of July (until the so claimed Coup) this number approximately reached 30 Millions of Egyptian citizens asking Morsy and his gang to leave, and at this time, El-Sisi stood up for those people, giving them the secure cover, Shelter and safety toward any possible aggression from the Ministry of the Interior and the government,and so then the time came and he is running for presidential election,those people stood up for him too.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Advie - 03 June 2014 06:50 PM

I appreciate your interest, Doom at subject, i can go forever explaining the situation but then i would start to sound like i am giving excuses or even blabbing, so to keep it short, here is a nice equation; over than 14 millions went out in the 30th of June 2013 against the brotherhood, and through the 1st,2nd,3rd of July (until the so claimed Coup) this number approximately reached 30 Millions of Egyptian citizens asking Morsy and his gang to leave, and at this time, El-Sisi stood up for those people, giving them the secure cover, Shelter and safety toward any possible aggression from the Ministry of the Interior and the government,and so then the time came and he is running for presidential election,those people stood up for him too.

Thank you for your explanation, Advie. I know the revolution was massive and brotherhood was an unwelcomed regime in Egypt, and you draw a very impressive picture. I can imagine how all of you are tired by now and want stability and peace. Hopefully it will work. At least you are free of outside influence and can choose for yourself.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I was googling for a good Commander Shepard picture (for the Catyph thread), when I stumbled upon this:

Made me laugh so hard I almost cried…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

And so I’m back! From outer space! (Also known as London, surprisingly)

RLacey - 03 June 2014 06:19 PM

Whereabouts are you headed?

We were doing the first-timer sightseeing Smile Our hotel was at Queens Gate, went around looking at the different sights in the centre, went to Tate Modern and British Museum, stuff like that. It was a great time! I’ll post more pictures.

Not to digress too much into politics, but…

Advie - 03 June 2014 06:50 PM

He’s also killed thousands of innocent civilians such as somewhere from hundreds to even thousands of peaceful protestors at the Rabaa al-Adawiya demonstrations, persecutes dissidents and has imprisoned tens of thousands of his opponents etcetera.

So excuse me if I’m a little sceptical of the “democratic” sides of your new president Wink

Lucien21 - 03 June 2014 02:52 PM
TimovieMan - 03 June 2014 01:21 PM
Lucien21 - 02 June 2014 06:00 PM

My computer monitor exploded with a Big Bang and it was no more.

Did it promptly create an expanding universe filled with tiny little monitors???

Maybe it’s created it’s own tiny universe, but all I saw was a puff off smoke and a burning smell.

In other news I just bought

tsa - 03 June 2014 03:50 PM

That looks nice!

The picture’s a bit blurry though Grin

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I never did mean to imply that you don’t know what you’re talking about or anything like that. Just saying why I don’t have much faith in such a man. I sure hope I’m wrong, but so far his actions haven’t spoken on his behalf, as I’m sure you can understand.

In other news, London pictures are on my computer, though unfortunately not as many good ones as I had hoped. Then again, anyone viewing what I upload won’t be as flooded as they would otherwise be Grin

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Pictures! Smile
http://s627.photobucket.com/user/Paunci/library/London
Do you want me to highlight some pictures, and if so, do you want me to do that here or in the photography thread? Or is anyone who’s interested in the pics content in just checking out that gallery?

Ah, I wish I would’ve gotten a picture (or better yet, video) of this cab driver… He had stopped in red lights, and while he was sitting there, he had an electric guitar plugged in his car’s audio system and was shredding away a guitar solo Grin

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Upsie, I couldn’t access the site.

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

@ UPtimist: wow, there’s some really beautiful pictures there! Thumbs Up

And in other news: Rik Mayall died at age 56 today. An integral part of the comedy I grew up on. I’ll miss his whacky, violent, oddball slapstick… Frown

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 09 June 2014 05:29 PM

And in other news: Rik Mayall died at age 56 today. An integral part of the comedy I grew up on. I’ll miss his whacky, violent, oddball slapstick… Frown

I grew up watching his stuff. Young Ones, Bottom and his Flasheart character in Blackadder etc

However my favourite character of his was Alan B’stard.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Bottom is a brilliant sitcom, I can watch it over and over again. Was hoping they will reunite with Ade after all Frown

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top