• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLady KestrelNico2021Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

tomimt - 09 July 2014 11:42 AM

I’ve said it a couple of times, but when it comes to Moebius, it just didn’t feel like a project Jane herself was that ecstatic about. There always was a feel about it, that Jane had forced herself to write it because the backers chose it and she would have been happier writing that “Anglophile Adventure”.

Also back in the day Sierra had plenty of great artist, animators and coders to help the designers.

who knows for sure how they felt about it, but i do think the voting idea was a mistake, and that they should have made the game they were most comfortable with.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Voting definetly was a mistake, but then again it was just one more mistake in already poorly done KS project. That it did 135k more than they were asking always has amazed me a bit, despite Jane does have a lot of fans.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

And to get back on topica at hand, how’s the music. I really like the original sound track, but the couple of remade tracks haven’t been to my liking, as they sound a bit over produced.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i noticed a couple over produced tracks.. one that really didnt work for me, but its fine for the most part. One of my complaints was that they actually didnt change the music during the crash interrogation.. it just stayed the goofy mosely office music.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Why i came across this, damn now i need GK/JJ game in this style.

How hard is it???

Plenty of people out there can do pixel art now.

Hell, hire Infamy guys, they can imitate this art style.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

?!?!££*$@(!?!?!?!?

Sorry, I just freaked out for a second there!

LOVE LOVE LOVE True Detective. Why isn’t this happening already?! Minus the goofy Lucasarts verbs. Or is it?!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

A bit late to the party with my thoughts so far, but here they are anyway…

I have only played through Day 1 so far. On the whole I think it’s OK.

Character models are certainly better than in Moebius and character portraits are generally pretty good. Gabriel looks about 10 years younger which is a shame to my mind.

Backgrounds are mostly pretty decent. Animations are a little variable and there are glitches when Gabe puts on his coat etc.

The re-vamped music is variable, some parts I think are definite improvements (i.e. crime scene) whereas others don’t come out quite as well (police station).

Voice acting is… well it depends. I am one of those who thought Tim Curry was really great and that the voice acting generally was first class in the original. New Gabriel is passable I suppose but a long way from great. Grace is good but not as good… you get the picture.

I think my main criticism is with loading times, sometimes having to wait 10+ seconds going from one scene to another and particularly coming from the map. Could just be my system as it is a few years old but my Laptop has an i5 processor, a decent amount of RAM and an adequate graphics card so it should be able to handle any adventure game really and has no problem with others.

In summary (for Day 1), better than Moebius to at least some degree in almost every way, otherwise reserving judgment depending on whether Grandma Knight’s house, the Museum, the Bar and the Voodoo Shop get added back into Day 1 in the final version.

Basically it has not been ruined to my mind, but has been tinkered with (as you would expect) and that’s always going to get on the nerves of old die hard fans like me to some extent.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^well, the biggest problem you may see as you go along, is that a lot of what they did to restructure the story makes little sense, and makes no sense if you’ve never played the game before.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Does anyone have an idea when the game is going to be released?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gamescom 2014 trailer.

Can’t check out at work but impressions are terribad

#doomedtosuck???

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

nomadsoul - 14 August 2014 09:42 AM

Gamescom 2014 trailer.

#doomedtosuck???

You’re link nomadsoul didn’t work & took me somewhere else on You Tube - is this the trailer you mean?

GK1 Trailer

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

This link worked for me.

EDIT: D’oh! Beaten to the punch.

Bt

Total Posts: 188

Joined 2004-03-18

PM

nomadsoul - 14 August 2014 09:42 AM

Gamescom 2014 trailer.

#doomedtosuck???

That link didn’t work for me. Here:

Edit: ASDFNSD;FOIJSDFL;ASDFKJ

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Not the greatest trailer out there, but I don’t think it looked that horrible. I’d say the worst part of the trailer were the animated comic book panels. The ones in the original are much better in style. Gabe’s voice sounded okay.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Gabriel Knight fans are the most anal fans in the entire adventure gaming community.  Wink  I honestly think the trailer looks great.  The animations in particular look like they’ve improved dramatically since the GDC build.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top