• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

So what’s Jane Jensen up to these days?

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

wilco - 03 May 2016 11:21 AM

Problem with working with Telltale is that they don’t do new IPs. Sometimes there’s no need for new IPs to make fascinating games, I could see JJ working on a Justice League Dark/Constantine or The Wicked + The Divine game series.

I’m not sure about WicDiv - I love it very much but it’s so very tightly constructed that I’m not sure a game could be built in/around/alongside it without diluting and undermining the things that make it so good. A story-based game, at least - something like a fighting game with appropriate special powers might be fun. Phonogram might work - it’s more about a world and a way of thinking, and there could easily be a raft of interesting characters and plots that had little or no direct connection to what we saw in the comic - but that would need a lot of real (as opposed to in-fiction) music to be licensed for it to work.

Justice League Dark could be interesting - it’s nice and open, gives a versatile choice of cast and a good setup for ongoing stories - though given Telltale’s recent licenses it might be nice to see them try something less, well, Dark for a change Smile

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

thejobloshow - 01 May 2016 08:05 AM

Just received word on the Sierra Gamers group on Facebook that Pinkerton Road is shutting down its forums. An indication that the business is winding down:

http://forum.pinkertonroad.com/showthread.php?1173-Important-Pinkerton-Forums-Closing-on-May-6

At least she had a go.

Yes, she had a go & I feel that all of her efforts for up-dating GK1 + making Gray Matter (which seems to be better received now a few years later) & also Moebius, both games introducing some interesting ideas I think got unnecessary crap purely because the fans of JJ had expectations based on larger budgets of the past & refuse to move with the times & if anyone else had made these games I believe there just wouldn’t be the furore there is now about them. JJ is a great story teller & whether you liked her recent offerings or not if I was in her shoes I would say **** to making any more games for you bunch of unappreciative ********!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

chrissie - 03 May 2016 12:27 PM

Just received word on the Sierra Gamers group on Facebook that Pinkerton Road is shutting down its forums. An indication that the business is winding down:

http://forum.pinkertonroad.com/showthread.php?1173-Important-Pinkerton-Forums-Closing-on-May-6

if I was in her shoes I would say **** to making any more games for you bunch of unappreciative ********!

F word censored then A word censored (not hard to count *), got ya.
I guess if this censored abuses are allowed, can i use them too mods?
Let me know please.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

nomadsoul - 03 May 2016 08:13 AM
Henke - 02 May 2016 08:57 PM
nomadsoul - 02 May 2016 08:43 PM
Henke - 02 May 2016 08:34 PM
nomadsoul - 02 May 2016 06:17 PM

No i meant , does TTG need JJ?
They can write GK themselves or better?

I think you might be overestimating TTG here. They know how to write compelling characters but GK needs much more than that. Although it would be interesting to see them have a go at it.

Taking plane to get a single item is a good idea of puzzle?
I think puzzles as we knew before have not been revitalized properly even by experts.
Hope you catch my drift.

The African Voodoo religion, Ludwig II of Bavaria with Wagners lost opera, religious mystery at Rennes-le-Château… what’s next? I’m not convinced that TTG could pull of an equally fascinating subject on their own. Their lack of puzzles is the least of my concerns.  Wink

I agree but you mentioned old old titles.
I wish the puzzle i mentioned from Moebius has anything as Intellectual as Gk3 puzzles or plot.
As i asked if that JJ is there anymore.
GM was great but its puzzles were Ok.

The GK games is undoubtedly her best works but Gray Matter had neuroscience as a theme and Moebius had historic recurrence. That’s still way over anything TTG has done so far plotwise. But granted that is probably more because of their episodic nature than anything else. I would still be very happy if anyone would make a new GK even though I really think Jensen should be involved.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Henke - 03 May 2016 03:08 PM
nomadsoul - 03 May 2016 08:13 AM
Henke - 02 May 2016 08:57 PM
nomadsoul - 02 May 2016 08:43 PM
Henke - 02 May 2016 08:34 PM
nomadsoul - 02 May 2016 06:17 PM

No i meant , does TTG need JJ?
They can write GK themselves or better?

I think you might be overestimating TTG here. They know how to write compelling characters but GK needs much more than that. Although it would be interesting to see them have a go at it.

Taking plane to get a single item is a good idea of puzzle?
I think puzzles as we knew before have not been revitalized properly even by experts.
Hope you catch my drift.

The African Voodoo religion, Ludwig II of Bavaria with Wagners lost opera, religious mystery at Rennes-le-Château… what’s next? I’m not convinced that TTG could pull of an equally fascinating subject on their own. Their lack of puzzles is the least of my concerns.  Wink

I agree but you mentioned old old titles.
I wish the puzzle i mentioned from Moebius has anything as Intellectual as Gk3 puzzles or plot.
As i asked if that JJ is there anymore.
GM was great but its puzzles were Ok.

The GK games is undoubtedly her best works but Gray Matter had neuroscience as a theme and Moebius had historic recurrence. That’s still way over anything TTG has done so far plotwise. But granted that is probably more because of their episodic nature than anything else. I would still be very happy if anyone would make a new GK even though I really think Jensen should be involved.

Well she is an intellectual and always make me research new stuff. The GM bit in brains, and the Moebius loop occurrences in history. Back in the day when Freemasons stuff was not flooding internet, she came up with that and more Sects very accurately.
Way ahead of its time in any commercial medium.
Brokensword too.

But Moebius theme was lost in bad design.
GM retained alot through better execution.
Art and puzzles were not as good as GM.
I still love GM art.

Though She is creative in themes but TTG has better grasp and consistency on actual dialogues and characters. Twau and TftB shows they can mimic the style of source material and double it down.
But yes her supervision and TTG dialogue progression could work well.

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I think telltale is better at dialogue between characters by leaps and bounds and jane is leaps and bounds better than telltale at world building; with the way she combines fiction and non fiction

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 03 May 2016 01:45 PM

Let me know please.

From the forum guidelines:

- While we don’t actively censor swearing, we do ask that you show self-control in your use of language.

I’m not going to say anything about an occasional swear word. Heck, I occasionally use one myself.
Just don’t overdo it.

Also, I’m fairly certain that chrissie just typed a bunch of stars, not that they necessarily represent the correct amount of letters. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

GrahamDaventry - 02 May 2016 11:42 PM

Voodoo, werewolves, and vampires, and magic. Hardly fascinating. JJ is mistress of the cliché.

please stop this charade with all these general info you are trolling with, and as it tells how fake you are, its just so sick.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 04 May 2016 05:59 AM
nomadsoul - 03 May 2016 01:45 PM

Let me know please.

From the forum guidelines:

- While we don’t actively censor swearing, we do ask that you show self-control in your use of language.

I’m not going to say anything about an occasional swear word. Heck, I occasionally use one myself.
Just don’t overdo it.

Also, I’m fairly certain that chrissie just typed a bunch of stars, not that they necessarily represent the correct amount of letters. Wink

I hope you will have same level of partial trust for me , if i do it.
you wont
:p

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 04 May 2016 06:45 AM
GrahamDaventry - 02 May 2016 11:42 PM

Voodoo, werewolves, and vampires, and magic. Hardly fascinating. JJ is mistress of the cliché.

please stop this charade with all these general info you are trolling with, and as it tells how fake you are, its just so sick.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

So much talk about JJ teaming up with TT – maybe it will happen but I think not as I think the very talented lady will now abandon making any more games because of the vitriol she has received for the thoughtful games she has put so much time into presenting.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

ps I also really liked the gk1 remake for the most part, I even like some of the story changes she made like not being able to grandma’s house right away, bc from a story perspective it made more sense. I even liked a lot of the new VAs, Gabriel knight himself was shaky at first but by day 2 or three he really grew on me. Plus even though I adore Tim Curry as an actor; I never found his VO work in gabriel knight to be all that good like a lot of gamers do.

to be honest I dont know why GK1 remake bombed the way it did. even before the release of the game news outlets were not covering it like they were broken sword 5 or the remaster of grim fandango. is it bc jane’s work the last couple of yrs was not as well received, games like gray matter or moebius got very lukewarm receptions. I do believe she chose the wrong publisher to try and help get her vision across with Phoenix Online Studios. There is an heir of amateurism when it comes to the product they release, like I did have clipping issues in gk1 remake and a crash or two with the game. Plus it could have used some more bonus material like a commentary track.

either way I wish jane all the best of luck in her future en devours

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Jdawg445 - 04 May 2016 06:39 PM

I do believe she chose the wrong publisher to try and help get her vision across with Phoenix Online Studios.

well to this point… the way i understand it is that phoenix basically rescued the project. Something was falling through with the negotiations between jane and activision.. and the solution to that was phoenix.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

maybe so zane, but Phoenix also did moebius for jane, which was also amateurish and a step down in quality from jane’s earlier game gray matter which was produced by wizarbox

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeah im not disagreeing with that. But unfortunately i think this is just what theyr options came to with both titles. Alternatives werent available.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top