• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Connor: “Hey wait a minute, if this is Alone in the Dark what are you doing here?”
Monk: “This is King’s Quest, my son. I apologize for the murky graphics but you know how it is, budget cuts and Roberta & Ken’s holiday… oh and of course the new hot tub..”
Connor: “Oh very well then, just tell me where the yeti is and let’s get on with it. Hey, what happened to my pie?!”
Monk: *burp*

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The Return of the Prodigal Son    (Rembrandt van Rijn, c. 1661–1669)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1352

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

“...so you see with one stone hand and being unable to move from the spot I just couldn’t manage to…”
“Look Intense, you’ve been making excuses for so long the sun has set - I’m going home!”

Intense Degree’s excuses for never posting results were fooling no-one.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Listen, Rexy!  There’s no use getting your scales in a twist over a silly dance like the Hokey-Pokey.  Sure you have trouble putting your arms in and out, but you more than make up for it with your legs and head.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The most incredible excuses for being late with the Caption Contest results!

I was shaving this morning, when I accidentally sprayed my face with a flame thrower instead of a shaving foam!

A girl leprechaun stole it!

The dinosaur ate it.

I got robbed by a highwayman with a stone hand!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Tinker Bell: Phtt… That’s nothing, I spend a whole season harpooning giraffes in Africa!

Total Posts: 2998

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

People!! Make way for…

TimovieMan - 03 August 2014 08:21 PM

LeChuck: “Keep that perfume bottle away from me! Don’t you know perfume is flammable?”

diego - 07 August 2014 06:27 PM

Give… me… back my nail file!!!

TimovieMan - 03 August 2014 07:53 PM

“For my second wish, I wish to undo my first wish and return back to 2D.”

Iznogood - 15 August 2014 11:15 AM

The Return of the Prodigal Son    (Rembrandt van Rijn, c. 1661–1669)

Congratulations!!
You Win:
The best food ever created!!

Also, MI matryoska dolls!!

Thirdly, you win The best RW moments!!
http://www.businessinsider.com/robin-williams-best-movie-moments-2014-8?op=1

RUNNERS UP

Advie - 03 August 2014 09:38 PM

After finishing with TTG obnoxious episodes, Guybrush became a root-beer junkie, that even Lechunk couldn’t stand.

diego - 03 August 2014 04:58 PM

Due to new acrobatic approaches, she unanimously won the “Dentist” of the year” award.

chrissie - 03 August 2014 07:47 PM

Expecting one like Dorothy’s in The Wizard of Oz, Simon’s fantasy of Fairy Godmothers was all of a sudden completely crushed.

Intense Degree - 15 August 2014 11:47 AM

“...so you see with one stone hand and being unable to move from the spot I just couldn’t manage to…”
“Look Intense, you’ve been making excuses for so long the sun has set - I’m going home!”

Intense Degree’s excuses for never posting results were fooling no-one.

Well Done!!
You win:
A Dino cake!!

Also, Happy Dentist masks!!!

Finally, A tour to the most popular sculpturs!!
http://amolife.com/image/art/top-25-most-popular-sculptures-in-the-world.html

3rd place

diego - 07 August 2014 06:18 PM

LeChuck: Chee! Oop! Ack!

Iznogood - 17 August 2014 12:03 AM

Tinker Bell: Phtt… That’s nothing, I spend a whole season harpooning giraffes in Africa!

diego - 07 August 2014 06:14 PM

Tinker Bell: Worst. Peter Pan. Ever.

TimovieMan - 03 August 2014 07:53 PM

After the 1-7 World Cup semi-final beating, Christ the Redeemer actually left Rio and went to Germany…

You win: A KQ2 map!!

...and also: A Swamp Cake recipee!!
http://www.cooks.com/recipe/uz4zg5h8/swamp-cake.html

Everyone wins:
A Zork Map

And a Find the Cat game!! (yep, there is one…)

Thanks everyone for playing!! Smile

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Good round, everybody!

Great prizes, Sefir. Always good to watch the best of Robin Williams, especially now. Cool

How to completely traumatize kids who are afraid of dentists… Gasp

Took me a while to find the cat in that picture, but I eventually found it. I was close to giving up, though. Super camouflage stealth ninja cat. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wonderful round, my favs were Tim’s “Fat Tinker Bell”, Advie’s “Conner, I’m your father”, Iznogood’s “Dinosaur-ing” and Intense’s “Dr Grant” among others.

As for Find the cat, I’ve just used the hotspot highlighter Tongue. The dentist with a smile is great, although it would be too distracting. And the Zork map looks rather like a circuit diagram of the vacuum tube amplifier than the game map. I think I’ll go away with the choco kebab.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Mmmmmm… choco kebab
I have no idea what it would taste like, but how can it possibly be wrong to mix two of my favourite edibles.

Thanks for the prices Sefir, so far I have found nine cats in that picture, but I’m not sure any of them are actually cats or just figures of my imagination.

Once again a great round with too many funny captions to mention them all, but especially Tim’s Christ the Redeemer, The Human Toothpick and Diego’s Dude I’m Stoned gave me some good chuckles.

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Although my humor muse was hiding out for this one, I still enjoyed this round very much.  Thanks for the pics and interesting prizes, Sefir.  (I think I found the cat or maybe it’s just that my glasses need cleaning.)

Oh, and if any of the 1st prize winners have a spare chocolate kabob, please send one my way.  Yum

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 1352

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Great round everyone, thanks for all the chuckles. Smile

Brilliant prizes too. The Third Degree isn’t too good with the dentist and she wouldn’t even open her mouth last time. I might try and hunt down one of those masks for the dentist because I guess her mouth will be open in either laughter or horror at the sight of it - so a win either way! Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks everyone for the many very funny captions in this round, my favourites too numerous to mention & as such very honoured to have got a place! Thank you Sefir for the lovely prizes - I am very grateful but if anyone wants to swap my enormous Dino Cake for one of those little Choco Kebabs…...........

YES! I found the cat!!!!!

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 17 August 2014 05:17 PM

Oh, and if any of the 1st prize winners have a spare chocolate kabob, please send one my way.  Yum

You’re on! Wink

chrissie - 18 August 2014 08:39 AM

if anyone wants to swap my enormous Dino Cake for one of those little Choco Kebabs…...........

Sorry, first come, first served. And you can’t bribe me, not even with cake… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 18 August 2014 12:43 PM
Lady Kestrel - 17 August 2014 05:17 PM

You’re on! Wink

chrissie - 18 August 2014 08:39 AM

if anyone wants to swap my enormous Dino Cake for one of those little Choco Kebabs…...........

Sorry, first come, first served. And you can’t bribe me, not even with cake… Wink

Well since you’ve already given away your Choco Kebab you’re no longer worth bribing….....at the mo…....but I’m freezing that cake just to let you know & have a think about…........  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top