• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

But I’m not believing it Smile

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Aye, it does seem a bit much. But, it’s out there.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks like new policy hurting Indies indeed,

I think they should start doing this on AAA publishers first and long games, not small games. Still Indies sometimes can be tricky and can get you bored like anything, like i got from most of PSN+ stuff.
So its Catch22.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem will be called Persona FE in North America and Europe. A new Trailer also shows a famous feature of the Persona Series: The S-Links will be part of the Game. The Game will be released in 2016.

that set off my troll alarms Wink
It very well could be true, but id bet high on this being a hoax.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 June 2015 09:43 PM

Looks like new policy hurting Indies indeed,

I think they should start doing this on AAA publishers first and long games, not small games. Still Indies sometimes can be tricky and can get you bored like anything, like i got from most of PSN+ stuff.
So its Catch22.

Gamers reactions and tweet responses are disheartening. I understand frustration because of lack of demo, but in this day and age, you can watch/read thousands of impressions before buying a game that costs 2 dollars. Maybe it’d be better if Steam made an agreement with publishers, in which everyone who gives out demo on their Steam store page doesn’t have to refund the game for no reason.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s a tricky one. On one hand, consumers have every right to ask for a refund, but the system is open to abuse like we’re seeing. I’m surprised by the level mind. There aren’t many indie games under 2 hours surely?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think consumers have the right to ask for a refund if the game doesn’t work, not because they decided to buy the game and they were bored or something with it. Make an informed purchase, it’s not too much to ask…

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Bad bad news, Order sequel is not happening.
#dreamisdead.
Frown

In other daily dose of Games Remaster news,

MegaMan 1-6, Remake announced, featuring updated graphics.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 08 June 2015 11:46 AM

#dreamisdead.
Frown

In other daily dose of Games Remaster news,

MegaMan 1-6, Remake announced, featuring updated graphics.

Where did you hear about the order sequel not happening?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 June 2015 11:46 AM

#dreamisdead.
Frown

The dream is dead Frown
Ready at Dawn closed or working in HD version of something something

Edit: Oh wait, just read at neogaf they are working on a multiplatform new title. Cool

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ready at Dawn doesn’t own the IP so them working on something else doesn’t negate a sequel.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I hope there will be a sequel to The Order. It was a very flawed game, but the seed to a potential awesome sequel. Kinda reminds me of Uncharted. The first one was flawed, but established a good foundation for its sequel which was one of the best games on the PS3.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

If they are working on a remaster, what’s left? Resistance for PS4? lol

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 08 June 2015 04:49 AM

I think consumers have the right to ask for a refund if the game doesn’t work, not because they decided to buy the game and they were bored or something with it. Make an informed purchase, it’s not too much to ask…

its up to the vendor. It lets people feel better about taking chances with games they know nothing about, so theyr more likely to impulse buy. Iv bought games where within an hour it was clear it was not the fun id hoped it would be and iv never played it again.
A little unfortunate gog cant do this because thered be no way to stop abuse. (they do refunds for tech issues). I guess abuse is possible with steam games that dont have drm, small portion of their catalog though.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

zane - 08 June 2015 05:40 PM
wilco - 08 June 2015 04:49 AM

its up to the vendor. It lets people feel better about taking chances with games they know nothing about, so theyr more likely to impulse buy. Iv bought games where within an hour it was clear it was not the fun id hoped it would be and iv never played it again.
A little unfortunate gog cant do this because thered be no way to stop abuse. (they do refunds for tech issues). I guess abuse is possible with steam games that dont have drm, small portion of their catalog though.

You know, the thought had occurred to me yesterday. There are ways around steams DRM out there, so if someone bought a game, downloaded it then made a backup off the computer, surely they’d be set to get free games?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top