• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

14 days and two hours? Death to episodic gaming! Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Fallout 4 confirmed to be PC/PS4/XBone only

Edit: Trailer is out (but I can’t watch it Frown )

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

Is it just me, or does it look and feel like Fallout 4 is powered by id Tech? Most textures appear to be unique. Of course, it might all be pre-rendered stuff that’s completely unrelated to whatever engine they’re using for the actual game.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finally watched it, so much color! Was not expecting it.

Jade - 03 June 2015 10:27 AM

Is it just me, or does it look and feel like Fallout 4 is powered by id Tech? Most textures appear to be unique. Of course, it might all be pre-rendered stuff that’s completely unrelated to whatever engine they’re using for the actual game.

Not sure about the engine but I don’t think it’s pre-rendered stuff, I actually think it all looks pretty much in-game and possible. Less chance of a downgrade in graphics later.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 03 June 2015 06:11 AM

Think they’ve already said their will be exceptions for games in this category.

Although, I would add if I had paid full price for something like Gone Home, I’d be rightfully cheesed off.

It’s about quality not quantity. Now if it was $60 I would have been cheesed off, but it was slightly more expensive than a movie ticket and more than double the length if you take your time exploring the house, so I think the price is fair.

I do see Ragnar’s point though. Maybe for episodic games, you can only get a refund for the first episode, but no episodes after it? It makes sense, because if you don’t like the first episode or can’t run it, why would you get the rest of it unless you are abusing the system. It won’t work though for developers who are using the profits of the first episode to fund the rest of the game.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 03 June 2015 11:18 AM

Finally watched it, so much color! Was not expecting it.

Jade - 03 June 2015 10:27 AM

Not sure about the engine but I don’t think it’s pre-rendered stuff, I actually think it all looks pretty much in-game and possible. Less chance of a downgrade in graphics later.

Oh comeon now, graphical debates of how average it looks(for a current gen game) are already making rounds, game definitely looks like upgraded last gen game, but i am fine with semi-Borderlands color/texture looks.

Also voiced protagonists is a relief.
Animations also feels much improved.

For a fall game fine, for fall 2016 not so much.

Meanwhile,

Hitman for iOS/Android announced.

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

wilco - 03 June 2015 11:18 AM

Yes, it does feel like in-game footage. I think it looks fantastic! Bringing up id Tech was basically wishful thinking on my part because Rage is one of my favorite shooters ever and on my numerous playthroughs, I couldn’t help but wonder how Fallout would look and play in such a unique graphical engine.

Anyway, more will be revealed soon enough. At E3!

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Can’t believe some people are moaning to such an extent about the graphics. It looks fine to me and we’ve only seen a snippet.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Tad - 03 June 2015 01:25 PM

Can’t believe some people are moaning to such an extent about the graphics. It looks fine to me and we’ve only seen a snippet.

Seriously. Gamers are such whine babies. The Witcher 3, and now this, it seems some people are bound to complain no matter what you do.

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

I know, right? I don’t get it either. The Fallout 4 reveal trailer has to be the best looking one I’ve seen this year.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 03 June 2015 02:01 PM
Tad - 03 June 2015 01:25 PM

Seriously. Gamers are such whine babies. The Witcher 3, and now this, it seems some people are bound to complain no matter what you do.

Withcer3 was different, it was false vertical slice like Watchdogs and Darksouls2 and actual game was indeed downgraded and accepted by CDP after release, but looks stellar nonetheless.

Here the textures are not upto Bethesda Toddhoward studio standard, whose previous titles
like Oblivion were best of the gen on launch of 360 and Skyrim raised the bar way further, at the end of Console cycle.

And like 720 vs 1080 debates, graphics do mater alot in AAA ips, one cannot negate it.
Esp when you get new console and waiting for nextgen ver of old IPs.

Its serviceable but notch below what Todd’s studio was known for.

Jade - 03 June 2015 02:32 PM

I know, right? I don’t get it either. The Fallout 4 reveal trailer has to be the best looking one I’ve seen this year.

Makes me wonder if you have tried Metro:Lastlight, if no please do.
Really underrated and one of my Fav IPs, also technically beast , will shed some light on power of PS3/360 and good yardstick to compare what i was expecting from F4.
Wink

Ok this one got me Grin

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166323179&postcount=4590

Edit:

Wait what, this was leaked a year back and things seem to be in line.

Fallout 4 is set in and around Boston and the surrounding countryside.

In Fallout 4, mixing things up, we are making the game more “Story Based” and the player character will finally talk, and narrate his storyline.

At the beginning of the game, you create your character (You can only be a male in the main story)

The map of Fallout 4 is about 3 times the size of Skyrim
Three Dog returns as well, although he is only heard on the radio, and not seen in person.

The first version that will be released is being developed for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. This version uses a brand new engine built from the ground up to take advantage of the power of next gen systems.

RELEASE DATE: BGS has a “Roadmap” already planned out for Fallout 4 and a spinoff. I already was informed about it from the studio when I worked there, and I read it. Basically, the roadmap is this:
June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
August 2015 - More information
October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
November 2015 - First DLC
December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
January 2016 - Third DLC
March 2016 - Forth DLC
April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think it looks very good, level of details in the trailer looks much better then last-gen Fallout and above most current open-world games.

nomadsoul - 03 June 2015 02:40 PM

Edit:

Wait what, this was leaked a year back and things seem to be in line.

Fallout 4 is set in and around Boston and the surrounding countryside.

In Fallout 4, mixing things up, we are making the game more “Story Based” and the player character will finally talk, and narrate his storyline.

At the beginning of the game, you create your character (You can only be a male in the main story)

The map of Fallout 4 is about 3 times the size of Skyrim
Three Dog returns as well, although he is only heard on the radio, and not seen in person.

The first version that will be released is being developed for Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. This version uses a brand new engine built from the ground up to take advantage of the power of next gen systems.

RELEASE DATE: BGS has a “Roadmap” already planned out for Fallout 4 and a spinoff. I already was informed about it from the studio when I worked there, and I read it. Basically, the roadmap is this:
June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
August 2015 - More information
October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
November 2015 - First DLC
December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
January 2016 - Third DLC
March 2016 - Forth DLC
April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

Not sure I like being more “story-based” and the character talking but being released this year would be great.
The spinoff being developed by a company that does ports and Disney games sounds absolutely terrible… I guess they don’t want Obsidian overshadowing their game again Smile or maybe Obsidian doesn’t want to be screwed by Bethesda again…

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

Makes me wonder if you have tried Metro:Lastlight, if no please do. Really underrated and one of my Fav IPs, also technically beast , will shed some light on power of PS3/360 and good yardstick to compare what i was expecting from F4.
Wink

No, I haven’t. Thanks for the suggestion. Smile

Also, I’m wondering why Bethesda chose to reveal Fallout 4 today, a mere week and a half from their first ever big E3 press conference. You’d think they would have taken the event as a golden opportunity to reveal it. Then again, there’s so much noise during E3, perhaps revealing it now makes a more lasting impact.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Jade - 03 June 2015 09:57 PM

Makes me wonder if you have tried Metro:Lastlight, if no please do. Really underrated and one of my Fav IPs, also technically beast , will shed some light on power of PS3/360 and good yardstick to compare what i was expecting from F4.
Wink

No, I haven’t. Thanks for the suggestion. Smile

Also, I’m wondering why Bethesda chose to reveal Fallout 4 today, a mere week and a half from their first ever big E3 press conference. You’d think they would have taken the event as a golden opportunity to reveal it. Then again, there’s so much noise during E3, perhaps revealing it now makes a more lasting impact.

It doesn’t matter to Fallout, the way i see it, its R* levels of hype,
Skyrim reached 20millions, and i asked here to wager on what will break internet ,
StarwarsBattlefront or Fallout4 reveal, seems like F4 was winner as it has broken record
on twitch with highest views.
Point being its gonna sell alot anyway.

As far as E3 is concerned, i reckon F4 gameplay demo , DooM gameplay demo and then finally Dishonored2 CG reveal trailer or teaser or maybe just maybe Arkane rumored 2nd IP.

And yeah with all the graphics arguments going on, its good to show it early and let the debates die close to E3, as people will be vindicated by then. lol

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I suspect Fallout will do better as EA are making Battlefront and are already jumping on the pre-order, DLC crap which turns a lot of people off from even buying it.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top