• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Thimbleweed Park—Maniac Mansion style game from Ron Gilbert & Gary Winnick

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Ron Gilbert, man… Pulling off some stunning visuals in a game inspired by Maniac Mansion’s graphics. Loving the creepy coroner too.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

New trailer.

Total Posts: 2077

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Looks like clowns and ghosts are trendy today. Following Ron’s updates is always a pleasure, he knows how to make you excited. One can say the game’s world is really big and full of surprises and weirdos. Although I agree with some of the comments that the voiceover doesn’t fit well with the retro atmosphere.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 03 March 2016 02:56 PM

New trailer.

Perfect!
pixeled art is highly rendered Laughing Those good ‘ol Scumm!  Pan

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

I can already see 2016 aggies.. the envelope please… And the winner is Thimbleweed Park! Grin Yeah, good old scumm Heart  Grin

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Glorious.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Gilbert & co. are really nailing it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Caliburn - 03 March 2016 09:45 PM

Glorious.

QFT!

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2012-07-09

PM

The game is postponed. New release date: january 2017

https://blog.thimbleweedpark.com/stateofthegame3

Total Posts: 1894

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I hate to look at it like this, but pretty much when a kick starter gives an initial ETA it’s safe to assume theyr a year off. So from that perspective thimbleweed is still doing good. If theyr only 6-12 months off that’s basically still on time.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I expect another polish delay at last moment.
Dreamfall finished yet?
Damn i forgot about that game already and KZ0.
Frown

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2015-01-31

PM

nomadsoul - 06 May 2016 05:14 PM

Dreamfall finished yet?
Frown

Don’t forget to forget about Hero-U too. All I’ve been seeing is Corey surfacing about once every two months to say how gorgeous the game looks and how AGS can produce only low-res games (better not tell him about the original episode of Anna’s Quest).

In Ron’s blog I also find it a bit strange to read all the talk about how it’s important to sacrifice 23% of the screen real estate and then about how it’s even more important not to sacrifice those 23% and to have the picture extend there too but still keep that part of the screen covered up by the verbs. Uh-huh. But at least it’s not in the second Kickstarter stage yet Smile.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

lancelot - 07 May 2016 09:37 AM
nomadsoul - 06 May 2016 05:14 PM

Dreamfall finished yet?
Frown

Don’t forget to forget about Hero-U too. All I’ve been seeing is Corey surfacing about once every two months to say how gorgeous the game looks and how AGS can produce only low-res games (better not tell him about the original episode of Anna’s Quest).

In Ron’s blog I also find it a bit strange to read all the talk about how it’s important to sacrifice 23% of the screen real estate and then about how it’s even more important not to sacrifice those 23% and to have the picture extend there too but still keep that part of the screen covered up by the verbs. Uh-huh. But at least it’s not in the second Kickstarter stage yet Smile.

Looking at the my backed unreleased projects the title for most delayed is for Spaceventure - 3 years - followed by Hero-U and Mage’s Initiation . more than 2 years.
So if Thimbleweed manages o release at the beginning of 2017 it’s not really bad at this point Neutral

Total Posts: 1894

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Arguably most delayed should go to mage’s initiation because it was in development well before they had a kickstarter and before kickstarters were a thing.
But then based on their most recent update it sounds like a release is imminent, much more so than the other mentioned projects.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

The only real problem with having a later release date is that you run out of money. But since you often have the game in such a state that you can see the potential in it (and a successful Kickstarter shows that there is a market for your game) so getting investors at that point is often fairly easy. The game will obviously be better because of it so no real reason to complain from a customer perspective.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top