• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which adventure game character’s line is it anyway?

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Smile

Alright, I’ll take the name of the game for this one:

“I’ve never stopped trying to clear Fred’s name, and put you in Dartmoor Prison
  where you belong. Thanks to your greed I may now have that chance
!”

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

This game is based on an original story. It’s been adapted several times into all kinds of media, but most incarnations mainly just changed the title of the story.

This game changes the protagonist as well.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Here’s another thing this character really loves to say:

“Someone scuttled my boat.”

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m going to guess Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None.

But this is entirely based on your hints, and not the actual quotes, despite having played the game. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

That’s correct!

I think this guessing needs some amount of hints to make it manageable.

Agatha Christie’s: And Then There Were None” is one of the strangest Poirot adaptations: there’s no Poirot. In the game, you are Patrick Narracott, brother to the ferryman in the original novel.. I think he’s on one page.

So, kind of clever, but also, pretty weird. I played it on the Wii, which I do not recommend.

Total Posts: 1300

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I haven´t played it. But I read the book several times and I absolutely recommend it. My favorite detective’s novel, even though there is no detective. Anyway, you know what I mean…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Nice!

This game does feature an investigator and the outcome is different as well, but on completion, you’re able to get to the ending from the novel.

The game portrays all the characters from the book pretty well. So it’s rather impressive the developers managed to wedge an entirely new character in there and an alternative plot that works on some level. The original ending is way, way better though.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Alright, next one:

- Excuse me. I got you some bait.
- Are you mad? No fish would eat that! Don’t bother me until you find some real bait!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

TimovieMan - 17 January 2022 04:08 PM

Alright, next one:

- Excuse me. I got you some bait.
- Are you mad? No fish would eat that! Don’t bother me until you find some real bait!

I just played it and there is a similar puzzle, so I will say “Chaos in Deponia”.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

When I was doing dinner theater years ago, I was in Christie’s play, Ten Little Indians, which was adapted from her story.  I played Emily Brent and had to make my hair gray.  That wouldn’t be a problem now. Smile

I don’t really rise and shine.  I caffeinate and hope for the best.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

walas74 - 17 January 2022 04:18 PM

I just played it and there is a similar puzzle, so I will say “Chaos in Deponia”.

It’s not from Chaos in Deponia.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 17 January 2022 04:26 PM

When I was doing dinner theater years ago, I was in Christie’s play, Ten Little Indians, which was adapted from her story.  I played Emily Brent and had to make my hair gray.  That wouldn’t be a problem now. Smile

Theater actress? My admiration for you grew even more…

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

TimovieMan - 17 January 2022 04:35 PM
walas74 - 17 January 2022 04:18 PM

It’s not from Chaos in Deponia.

Damn. I am sure I have played the game of that quote, but I must put in order my mind.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I’m trying to think of a game featuring someone fishing.

Wow.. that’s a lot of games. Let’s see if I can edit it down to snarky types.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

How about another quote?

A: “I’m the fumigator.”
B: “Ah, I see you have your equipment with you. Do all the rooms, except for the library. We don’t want you to find any secret passages…”
A: “Did you say secret passages?!”
B: “Secret passages? No, no, no. I meant to say SPECIAL PACKAGES!! Now just be a good boy, and stay away from the library.”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top