• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #73 - Amerzone

Total Posts: 5620

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Tenebra,
It’s the same man.  He’s David Mackowski.  You have a letter from him and saw his picture with Valembois and the other guy back at the atoll.  The drunken guard accused him of letting you go and stabbed him.  He hoped you’d be able to return the egg.  He felt it wouldn’t solve all of the country’s problems, but it might help.

I don’t really rise and shine.  I caffeinate and hope for the best.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

rtrooney - 22 July 2022 07:12 PM

I am impressed with the speed of others who have already completed this episode.

Reasons for my supposed speed:

1) These last two chapters have been especially short. There was not much to do, they are very straightforward and do not encourage exploration and/or experimentation.
2) In this part of the hemisphere we are in the middle of winter, it is more common and comfortable to stay indoors.

Considering these two factors then it is easy to move “fast”. And even more so if your social life is restricted.

Lady Kestrel - 22 July 2022 08:20 PM

Tenebra,
It’s the same man.  He’s David Mackowski.  You have a letter from him and saw his picture with Valembois and the other guy back at the atoll.  The drunken guard accused him of letting you go and stabbed him.  He hoped you’d be able to return the egg.  He felt it wouldn’t solve all of the country’s problems, but it might help.

Thank you. Yes, I assumed it was David, but since I didn’t understand what he said and then I wondered if the parish priest was the same.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Did you find the alternative way out of the church?

I’m puzzled about something.  The walkthough says I was supposed to get a letter from the cabinet in the church, but instead I now have 2 copies of the diary and another copy of a letter I already have.  Did anyone else get something new?

Total Posts: 529

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 July 2022 09:53 PM

I’m puzzled about something.  The walkthough says I was supposed to get a letter from the cabinet in the church, but instead I now have 2 copies of the diary and another copy of a letter I already have.  Did anyone else get something new?

I did. It was a letter from a senior figure in the country’s church, telling the priest he supports the dictator’s plans for developing the country, and ordering him to discourage the native people’s ways and traditions.

Finished the chapter, but I didn’t manage to find out the use for the sword, or what to do with the locked gate under the well I didn’t have any items to open.

AKA Charo

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Hmm I don’t know which is the alternative way out of the Church, I went out the same way I came in (through the confessional), and then through the door with bars using the sword.

The only items I have in my inventory are:
1) The diary of the trip, where are all the drawings and annotations.
2) A bundle of letters, here they are all together, although they occupy only one place in the inventory, these are:
-a) The letter from the museum (written on a typewriter),
-b) The letter from David Mackowski,
-c) The letter from the president’s office (typewritten),
-d) Another one from Alexandre Valembois (also typewritten),
-e) And the letter from the Monsignor and Bishop to Father Mackowski (this is the one that was in the Church).

Btw: I went back to play the same chapter and look for that alternative exit of the Church and I found a drunk guard in one of those rooms, the first time I didn’t see him, I never went there. It reaffirms what I said before that it does not encourage exploration, since it was not necessary to go there. 

~

Total Posts: 4289

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Yes, but it wouldn’t open the first time I did what was necessary. I guess you have to put the sword in statue’s hand before you take the petrol.

I discovered the first page of the letter dated July 25, 1934 (sent to Mackowski by some bishop, his superior) when looking through the documents on the atoll (!), but got the other two pages of the same letter only when I opened the locker in the village church (!) I didn’t get another copy of Valembois’ diary.

Charophycean - 22 July 2022 11:04 PM

Finished the chapter, but I didn’t manage to find out the use for the sword, or what to do with the locked gate under the well I didn’t have any items to open.

Tenebra - 23 July 2022 01:58 AM

Hmm I don’t know which is the alternative way out of the Church, I went out the same way I came in (through the confessional), and then through the door with bars using the sword.

Tenebra - 22 July 2022 08:41 PM

In this part of the hemisphere we are in the middle of winter, it is more common and comfortable to stay indoors.

You lucky bastards! It’s (plus!) forty degrees (Celsius!) where I stand.
It is more common and comfortable to stay indoors, too. I guess we’re both sentenced to stay home, for different reasons.

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Total Posts: 533

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Ok, I’ve finished chapter 3. Another really short one. Even though it’s not very clear what
the game expects you to do to move forward, it was a simple case of just doing what could be done… I’m a bit perplexed about the sword though. I didn’t find any use for it but was still able to continue to chapter 4. Seems some of you others did use it. For what?

I may replay chapter 3 just to see what I obviously missed.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve noticed that the game does build in some redundancy in case you missed something, but I suspect my two copies of the diary is a glitch.

Seems some of you others did use it. For what?

You might find a less strenuous way out than having to climb up a rope.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

As usual, I didn’t understand what the characters were saying. I gathered as much that the priest was David Mackowski, but had no idea what he told me and why he was standing above the Yekoumani’s grave. Like Hemingway, I didn’t even realise that he gave me the key until I accidentally opened the inventory.
Later on, I didn’t get much from the drunken soldier, only understood “kill the priest” of his whole tirade. I didn’t even realised that Mackowski was stabbed and that he died*.

Playing an adventure game that has cutscenes WITHOUT cutscenes is a pain in the posterior.

*It’s interesting that whoever knew Valembois dies as soon as the journalist (the character we’re playing) reaches them.
I hope the journalist will meet Alvarez soon and that the same will happen once again

Lady Kestrel - 22 July 2022 06:19 PM

Speedy Z!

That’s a laugh - I’m progressing at a pace of a snail; it’s just that there’s not much to do (and the areas are quite small) in these recent chapters.

mjp

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I am beginning to feel a bit like Typhoid Mary.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Why? What happened?

mjp

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve killed off 2 people so far.  Embarassed

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

But… how?

mjp

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

zobraks - 23 July 2022 02:44 AM

You lucky bastards! It’s (plus!) forty degrees (Celsius!) where I stand.
It is more common and comfortable to stay indoors, too. I guess we’re both sentenced to stay home, for different reasons.

So you’d rather freeze than burn. I say ... give me Autumn, a perpetual autumn and there my soul will lie in peace. By the way, did you call me a bastard? : (

zobraks - 23 July 2022 02:35 PM

That’s a laugh - I’m progressing at a pace of a snail; it’s just that there’s not much to do (and the areas are quite small) in these recent chapters.

That’s right, there is not much to do and what we have to do is very clear to me personally, although I see that others find it the opposite. In chapter 1, as soon as we enter and talk to Valembois, we already know what we have to do. Search for the egg, prepare the ship and embark on the journey.

And in chapter 2 and 3 as well. The computer tells us that there is no fuel and the idea is simple, just continue the trip. We gather a little information on the way but it is very scarce and the areas to investigate are very limited. Also for now there are no mysteries, no deductions. I expect that later in the last chapters the story will begin to unravel a bit more and we will have a wider “margin of action”.

zobraks - 23 July 2022 02:44 AM

*It’s interesting that whoever knew Valembois dies as soon as the journalist (the character we’re playing) reaches them.
I hope the journalist will meet Alvarez soon and that the same will happen once again

If someone else dies in the remainder of the game, it will be time to reconsider, reflect on the consequences of our journey and perhaps turn back. 
Can you imagine a game where the protagonist goes on an adventure and then regrets it for some reason and decides not to continue? Or turn back? Hmmm

~

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 July 2022 04:55 PM

I’ve killed off 2 people so far.  Embarassed

that is more of an allergy Mary, LK.

1. that is a joke
2. LK will accept it
3. i mean no bad
4. i swear for all of the above