• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Real life “adventure” moments

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

So, did you ever make your way over that long line of people waiting in the post office by making a false fire alarm? Have you avoided paying for a parking violation by clever use of the dialogue tree? Did you ever use a rubber chicken with a pulley… no, probably not that one.

Recently, I’ve managed to avoid some boring administration and need to obtain some additional papers by talking to the clerk couple of times in a row. Tongue Also, there was some “detective” work involved when I needed to obtain some non-public info related to the archives by pretending that I’m organizing some event which is in connection to that info. Naughty

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Every morning, when I try to find a pair of matching socks. I consider it a pixel-hunting of the greatest difficulty.
Apart from that, I had some serious adventure last year when I successfully broke into my own house when I forgot my keys. It required finding a ladder, climbing into the storage room (not connected with the rest of the house), getting out of the storage room’s back window to the back yard, from there use of the ladder and minor climbing towards the first floor’s balcony, spotting the half-open window, clever use of the clothlsine to a noose, so that I can “pull” the half-opened window’s handle from the outside (that required good target as well, but that’s not an adventure game element), resulting the window to open entirely, allowing me to enter. The funny thing was that there was no key inside either, so I was locked into my own house since I couldn’t leave the way I came in. Grin

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 02 April 2013 06:02 AM

It required finding a ladder, climbing into the storage room (not connected with the rest of the house), getting out of the storage room’s back window to the back yard, from there use of the ladder and minor climbing towards the first floor’s balcony, spotting the half-open window, clever use of the clothlsine to a noose, so that I can “pull” the half-opened window’s handle from the outside (that required good target as well, but that’s not an adventure game element), resulting the window to open entirely, allowing me to enter.

Grin That reminds me of the New Orleans chase in The Awakened. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

There’s nothing in my life that resembles the stuff one usually finds in an average AG: I mean I never got to save the humanity (not that I would do so anyway, mind you).
The biggest adventure of my life was a trip from one town to another (46 km apart). In the middle of the night. By foot. In a foreign country. Alone.
And that’s about all (so far).

So, when I need excitement - I play AGs.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

When I was playing The Longest Journey I was really affected by April Ryan’s attitude, since I was about her age at the time Grin I really liked the way she managed to live on her own in a “dangerous” neighborhoud and also the way she talked to Zack...

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i made molotov cocktail once by combining a bottle of bad whiskey with a dirty cloth

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

I’ve used a monkey wrench once. Smile

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I have a “locked out of the house” story as well

I had lost my keys, my parents weren’t due to be home for many hours, it was winter, and I was, as usual, not dressed for the weather. Waiting outside was not a possibility.

First, I scaled the building to our 2nd floor patio to try the door but found it locked. The only other way in was through a security door that required being buzzed into the building by one of the condo owners in the building. I rang the bells of all my neighbors, but none were home. This is where my adventure game skills had to come into play.

Obviously, in order for anyone to buzz someone into the building it would require an electrical circuit between the condos and the door and it was most assuredly wired in the same place as the intercom and bells as well. Knowing this, I pried open the intercom/bell panel and examined the wiring to figure out which wires would open the door when the proper circuit was bridged.

Unfortunately, none of the metal I had on my person was conductive and/or of sufficient length to bridge the connection so I went outside and “pixel-hunted” the area for a suitable object and came across a rusty nail in the gutter. I scraped it on the concrete to expose the metal and then buzzed myself into the nice warm building with it.

In addition, by pure luck, the door to my condo wasn’t dead-bolted, so I was able to use the credit card trick to open my front door.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Bastich, that is a great story!  You should make an adventure game!  I just would have been calling neighbors.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top