• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Big Blue from makers of Ecco the Dolphin

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Any of you ever play Ecco the Dolphin? Here’s a new Kickstarter from its original creators. They’re billing this as an action adventure game. I’m a little confused about the “use songs to create new life” concept, but I think it sounds cool. What do you guys think?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/annunziata/the-next-ecco-the-dolphin-adventure-game

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

It will be very difficult for them to reach their goal, because it is a lot of money and I don´t think that their previous games had that many fans as other adventure games that were financed last year.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Manuel - 02 April 2013 08:05 AM

It will be very difficult for them to reach their goal, because it is a lot of money and I don´t think that their previous games had that many fans as other adventure games that were financed last year.

Ecco was very popular and there is a lot of nostalgia attached to it. I think it might have a chance.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Doesn’t seem like there has been much coverage of Big Blue, though maybe I’m not reading the right sites. Do you think they should target the point-and-click adventure game fan crowd, given this game’s adventuring/exploration elements, or is it too different a kind of game?

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The big mistake they’re making is that it’s a $500 pledge for a boxed copy of the game. That’s insane and a complete misunderstanding of the retro gamers this would appeal to. I love Ecco the Dolphin, but I don’t love him that much.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I watched their video and I don’t fully even get what genre the game is supposed to be. I’ve never played the original series, hell I din’t even know it’s that old series to beging with.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

tomimt - 02 April 2013 08:34 AM

I watched their video and I don’t fully even get what genre the game is supposed to be. I’ve never played the original series, hell I din’t even know it’s that old series to beging with.

I feel the same way. I thought their pitch video was too philosophical and too concerned with larger themes instead of talking about the actual gameplay.

Wish they would have elaborated more on the following (from their page):

The Game

The Big Blue is a massive adventure game. The basic game play involves the following:

Exploration
Quests
Collection and spawning of life forms
Action puzzle solving

The Big Blue will be a highly unique play experience and will include these unique game play features:

All Creatures are controllable
Control multiple creatures at the same time (like a swarm)
Aquascape and populate your own small sea
Breed and multiply creatures to be used for various purposes (like quest assistance)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I remember playing Ecco back in the day - I think my cousin had this on the Sega (?).

It was not my kind of game back then, so I don’t think this will interest me much…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top