• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough thread - cancelled

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Text Adventures are the cool ghosts of adventure games that still exist in the same world as their audiovisual counterparts.

Text Adventure Playthroughs, or TAPS, are played by posting in a thread, together with other forum members, with one of us as leader. The players suggest a list of moves/actions, discuss the situation and solve puzzles together. The leader will take this input and run it through the parser, communicating the in-game results to the players.

These playthroughs are more direct than other formats, but they don’t require all players to be online at specific times. Pace is mostly determined by forum activity and general consensus among active players.

Nominate/vote for games you’d like to play or maybe even lead!

Endless, Nameless sounds interesting and I’d be up for leading it at a later date this year.  I’d be up for leading a TAP of a smaller game in the meantime, maybe an entry-level game?

edit: due to lack of interest and not feeling safe/at home on the boards, I won’t be doing this anymore.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Here are a couple of suggestions. If anyone can share tips, or a list of favourite/suitable games, I’d appreciate it.

Alias ‘The Magpie’

Sir Rodney Playfair, gentleman thief, has a simple plan: impersonate a psychiatrist, infiltrate a country house, steal a priceless Egyptian scarab and make it back to London in time for cocktails. All in a day’s work for the illustrious ‘Magpie’.

https://ifdb.org/viewgame?id=yspn49v69hzc8rtb

Bronze

When the seventh day comes and it is time for you to return to the castle in the forest, your sisters cling to your sleeves.

(Designed to be accessible to new players, it’s very good at letting you know what you’re supposed to be doing, how you’re supposed to be doing it, and giving you a sense of your progress. - Ferretbrain)

https://ifdb.org/viewgame?id=9p8kh3im2j9h2881

Her Majesty’s Trolley Problem

No one said life in Her Majesty’s Service would be easy. Fortunately, you’ve got everything you need: your officer’s handbook, a harpoon cannon, and the indefatigable command of Captain Lionetta herself. If the Captain can’t navigate you and your prisoner through the Empire-forsaken town of Innocence Lost, then who can?

https://ifdb.org/viewgame?id=7s0tj8clq7cvf9hu

Total Posts: 524

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Hard to choose, they all sound fun. I really like the sound of The Magpie, though Bronze might be good as a ‘warm up’ for IF newbies.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I vote for Magpie sounds quite humorous (and who doesn’t need a laugh right now?)

Edit: You are very generous VP to lead another TAP as it is quite an undertaking.  A tip of the hat to you kind sir ...

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top