• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifuRoxie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Kathy Rain Directors Cut unofficial CPT

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

chrissie - 09 November 2021 03:40 AM

I’m okay to wait a few days.  Smile

Thank you so much! We’ll be starting very soon.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am going to do this. I got in a good ten minutes of game play before interruptions began.

Tomorrow is solo grocery shopping. And, as soon as everything gets stashed away, we need to go see her surgeon for a follow-up. Followed by an hour or two of physical therapy that I get to supervise, because the regular PT taught me what to do on the five of seven days he’s not here.

Just saying that I love the way the DC looks and plays. But, way back when we discussed this on the KR:DC thread, none of my current circumstance was known. Will play when I can, and will comment when I can. But please don’t wait for me.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I can catch up if you move onto the next section. I did play the old version just a couple of years ago so I would think I shouldn’t get stuck much.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sounds good. Let’s complete day one. You have until next Thursday to complete this. As usual, I’m looking forward to your comments, good our bad, about this game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Just a few observations about the dorm room & getting to the funeral before I progress from there.

I didn’t want to for the most part view this playthrough as a comparison to the original but it is unavoidable. Just a few things so far:
I don’t remember there being a hotspot highlighter? but when I used it the screen was filled with text descriptions which I found over-whelming as they dominated the screen. It’s no big deal because really it’s only on-screen for a couple of seconds & only necessary really when you think you may have missed something but I like dots better!

You couldn’t this time interact with the phone to get a close-up - it doesn’t matter I just noticed!

The other thing was I don’t remember Kathy being interrupted on her way to the funeral by a traffic cop?

I’m looking forward to playing through Day 1.  Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I got a chance to play a whole 24 minutes today! I didn’t mind the descriptors in the dorm. I made it a point to look at everything, and, as a result, received a “procrastinator” achievement for delaying my trip to the funeral.

I did make it to the cemetery/graveyard/funeral. And today is Thursday, but I’m not sure AL meant today as the stopping point. Regardless, once you have insulted the priest the game puts you back on your cycle and plants you in Grandma Rain’s living room. I saved and exited the game.

I also didn’t remember getting a traffic ticket in the original. Since those of us who played the original know that we will meet up with the police chief later in the game, maybe the ticket is some sort of negotiating tool we will use later.

I suggest using spoiler tags, as I did above, when discussing anything prior players might know, but a person playing KR:DC as their initial foray into the Kath Rain universe would not.

Side thought: While riding to Grandma’s a new icon appears offering the opportunity to customize your ride. I remember something about this in the latest trailer. Clicked on the icon and nothing happened.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@rtrooney: just dropping in to wish you and your wife well. I hope you’ll have the spare time and energy to enjoy the CPT.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

chrissie - 11 November 2021 01:15 PM

Just a few observations about the dorm room & getting to the funeral before I progress from there.

I didn’t want to for the most part view this playthrough as a comparison to the original but it is unavoidable. Just a few things so far:
I don’t remember there being a hotspot highlighter? but when I used it the screen was filled with text descriptions which I found over-whelming as they dominated the screen. It’s no big deal because really it’s only on-screen for a couple of seconds & only necessary really when you think you may have missed something but I like dots better!

You couldn’t this time interact with the phone to get a close-up - it doesn’t matter I just noticed!

The other thing was I don’t remember Kathy being interrupted on her way to the funeral by a traffic cop?

I’m looking forward to playing through Day 1.  Smile

I’m comparing it to the original. So far, so good. I’m happy with the additional scenes and puzzles.

And the hot spots on the original also have the name, it’s the same. I’m seeing some additional animations in the police station that are really kinda funny. Kathy Rain herself looks the same in my iPad version of the game, can’t wait to customize the Katmobile.

Heart

Total Posts: 1274

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

rtrooney - 11 November 2021 06:32 PM

Side thought: While riding to Grandma’s a new icon appears offering the opportunity to customize your ride. I remember something about this in the latest trailer. Clicked on the icon and nothing happened.

You will be able to customize the Katmovile once you get some achievements.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you, I did guess that was probably the idea walas Smile For me it’s an unnecessary gimmicky extra I hate to say but yes, it seems to be a fun one which I’m sure I’ll enjoy!

Adv_Lvr - 12 November 2021 10:54 AM

........the hot spots on the original also have the name, it’s the same.
Heart

Thank you for clarifying that. I really don’t remember, it was nearly 5 years ago I last played the game, so either I wasn’t aware that I could highlight the hotspots at the time or more likely that it didn’t bother me at the time! (Not that it does now especially).

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! Didn’t get an answer to my implied question. Were we, or were we not supposed to stop at the graveyard after witnessing the funeral? If no, what is the next stopping point?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vegetable Party - 12 November 2021 09:57 AM

@rtrooney: just dropping in to wish you and your wife well. I hope you’ll have the spare time and energy to enjoy the CPT.

Thanks. I do not see how caregivers, of which I am now one, do their task with no end in sight. We expect to be back to normal in another 4-6 weeks. So there is a bright light at the end of our tunnel. For those that can’t see that light, my prayers are with them.

BTW: Congrats on your promotion. I think. If you have ever worked retail, you are familiar with the term “Key Holder.” If you are not familiar, PM me and I will explain it. It’s a privilege and a curse. Anyway, much deserved.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Tim, the stopping point is the beginning of Day 2. You’ll know as it will clearly say on screen.  Smile

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Got a question for Krusbert here……..where did he get the idea for Kathy Rain? Where did the character come from?

She is pretty unique, love to know her background……

Heart

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 13 November 2021 04:16 AM

Tim, the stopping point is the beginning of Day 2. You’ll know as it will clearly say on screen.  Smile

Thanks. Surprised I missed that. Thread isn’t long enough (yet) to miss something that simple.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top