• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

An Amazing (old) Article about The history-of-graphic-adventures ...

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2006-06-23

PM

It was a pretty decent article, but it irritated me in places because the author clearly is biased against anything that came after 1990. Since my earliest AGs just barely make it under the wire there, and since my first real experience finishing AGs didn’t happen until after 95, I have to say, I was a bit nonplussed.

Lee Edward McIlmoyle,
Probably NOT the kind of guy you think he is.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lee in Limbo - 07 April 2013 07:36 PM

It was a pretty decent article, but it irritated me in places because the author clearly is biased against anything that came after 1990. Since my earliest AGs just barely make it under the wire there, and since my first real experience finishing AGs didn’t happen until after 95, I have to say, I was a bit nonplussed.

i kindda see your point but reading how graphic-adventures were shining made me cry… i guess i was touched by the greatest era when graphic-adventures were the top of all games genres and now what!

just like looking back at Iron Maiden at the 80’s and seeing them now ! isn’t it just sad

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Lee in Limbo - 07 April 2013 07:36 PM

Then it sounds like you’re the exact kind of person the article is meant to be for. Perhaps now you can give some of those old classics a try Tongue

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I own 150 PC adventure games. I also have another 80 on consoles like the 3DO and PS2.

That does not include my handheld collection of adventure games.

When I first played them - it was on a C128 and they were made by Infocom. Both Commodore and Infocom are gone today. 

I posted a list here of the best selling adventure games of all time - recent releases have sold millions of copies.

I walked into a Gamestop the other day and the employees were wearing T-shirts to promote the release of an adventure game on the 3DS system.

So - platforms and publishers change - but that’s always been the case and I’m OK with that.

I have a feeling that the PS VITA is going to be a major platform for adventure games in the future. We’ll see when “Tearaway” is released.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top