• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Splittown (oldskool style point-n-click)

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Splittown - 17 May 2022 08:07 AM

Just released a trailer for the game a few days ago.

Pretty good graphics and music. Day of the tentacle vibe Cool

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2019-04-12

PM

cozyhome - 16 August 2022 09:39 AM
Splittown - 17 May 2022 08:07 AM

Just released a trailer for the game a few days ago.

Pretty good graphics and music. Day of the tentacle vibe Cool

Thanks! We definitely love the classics. Smile

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Splittown - 15 August 2022 02:42 PM
Baron_Blubba - 15 August 2022 02:36 PM

I like the big inventory and puzzling contraptions shown in the trailer. Please keep us posted—I’d buy this for a dollar (or up to 10x more than a dollar. Or 20x more if it gets good reviews).

Thank you! That’s great to hear. Smile

I’ve often adviced junior devs to avoid the 5 to 15 USD price bracket, because even $6 games are reviewed as if they were $20 games. So, it’ll be at least 15 bucks, but I’m confident the reviews will be good, as soon as (that is if) we start getting em. Grin Marketing, marketing, marketing.

That’s a really interesting topic—should price be a factor when reviewing a game? I don’t have the time to write an essay about it here. However, I know that I am personally more likely to try a game if it’s $10 or less if it looks interesting to me and has received even just moderately good reviews. Whereas, I’ll typically only plunk $20+ for a game that *really really really* intrigues me and which has received excellent word of mouth from people whose opinions I trust.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Baron_Blubba - 18 August 2022 05:20 PM

That’s a really interesting topic—should price be a factor when reviewing a game? I don’t have the time to write an essay about it here. However, I know that I am personally more likely to try a game if it’s $10 or less if it looks interesting to me and has received even just moderately good reviews. Whereas, I’ll typically only plunk $20+ for a game that *really really really* intrigues me and which has received excellent word of mouth from people whose opinions I trust.

Probably not, otherwise you will have to update the review score when the game price drop to be fair.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

That’s a really interesting topic—should price be a factor when reviewing a game? I don’t have the time to write an essay about it here.

It kind of should, because games are products, and there’s always value-for-your-money aspect when buying any products.

But then again I don’t think it actually should, because games are creative art, and their prices will change, but the actual content will remain the same.

It really depends on whether the review is more about buying a software product or experiencing a form of art. Both points of view can be justified.

However, I know that I am personally more likely to try a game if it’s $10 or less if it looks interesting to me and has received even just moderately good reviews. Whereas, I’ll typically only plunk $20+ for a game that *really really really* intrigues me and which has received excellent word of mouth from people whose opinions I trust.

I don’t let reviews affect me, I read them to see someone else’s opinions, but I will buy what I buy based on other criteria. Maybe there’s a small chance that I might be tempted to buy some FPS, for example, if the reviews are good, but when it comes to adventures, I usually read reviews after I have played the game myself to see if I didn’t notice some good/bad qualities in the game.

I also don’t spend more than $10 for a game anymore, so especially with expensive “big” games it might take a year or two before there’s a discount that brings the price down to my level.

Joined 2019-04-12

PM

By the way, we just got our Steam page open. Feels good to get that milestone out of the way after all these years, haha.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2117400/Splittown/

Total Posts: 1655

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

GateKeeper - 19 August 2022 01:58 AM

That’s a really interesting topic—should price be a factor when reviewing a game? I don’t have the time to write an essay about it here.

It kind of should, because games are products, and there’s always value-for-your-money aspect when buying any products.

But then again I don’t think it actually should, because games are creative art, and their prices will change, but the actual content will remain the same.

It really depends on whether the review is more about buying a software product or experiencing a form of art. Both points of view can be justified.

However, I know that I am personally more likely to try a game if it’s $10 or less if it looks interesting to me and has received even just moderately good reviews. Whereas, I’ll typically only plunk $20+ for a game that *really really really* intrigues me and which has received excellent word of mouth from people whose opinions I trust.

I don’t let reviews affect me, I read them to see someone else’s opinions, but I will buy what I buy based on other criteria. Maybe there’s a small chance that I might be tempted to buy some FPS, for example, if the reviews are good, but when it comes to adventures, I usually read reviews after I have played the game myself to see if I didn’t notice some good/bad qualities in the game.

I also don’t spend more than $10 for a game anymore, so especially with expensive “big” games it might take a year or two before there’s a discount that brings the price down to my level.

I’m somewhere in the middle of both of y’all. for a adventure game I usually won’t spend more than 20 bucks unless it’s for one of my Marquee games that I grew up on as a child, like if they ever released a sequel to Full Throttle or Another Broken Sword game I would probably put down 30 to 50 dollars, but that comes once every 10 years or never lol.

As far as other genres I only get new games at my birthday when somebody wants to give me a gift or Christmas. Like for my birthday this year I got Lego Star Wars because that was something easy for my mom to get for my wife and I to play with my kids. Then at Christmas I usually get two or three games bc they’re all heavily discounted because of Black Friday. For instance last year I got guardians of the galaxy, lost judgement, and tales of arise. It’s now August and I still have yet to play lost judgment. But when you add in all the free PS4 games yo get each month, it’s hard sometimes to get to a game. in fact the only PS4 game I bought this year was sleeping dragon and I got it for $3 on a sale. The last full price game I bought was actually Psychonauts 2.

Joined 2019-04-12

PM

We would be extremely happy if we could get some really critical players going through our demo and pointing out things that work and especially what does not work. We’re out to make the best product possible. All feedback is super valuable to us! Smile

You can get the demo on Steam.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2117400/Splittown/

Here’s the new Story Trailer.

Thanks!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top